Who's doing Adaptibar?

waxecstatic

Who's doing Adaptibar?

Postby waxecstatic » Thu May 07, 2015 1:11 pm

I decided to pay the money and give Adaptibar a shot. It is a little pricey but it has all 1,730 MBE questions released by the bar people. Is anyone else doing Adaptibar? What do you think of it so far? I did not pay for the lectures or flashcards since I have plenty of resources as far as the material being tested is concerned.

psteele99

Re: Who's doing Adaptibar?

Postby psteele99 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:29 pm

I used adaptibar, paired with Themis. I found it to be a contributing factor to giving me the extra bump on my MBE. The reason: a fair number of the questions I saw on Themis, repeated in Adaptibar, BUT Adaptibar changed the question slightly so that it tested the same concept of law, but made you pick a different answer if you thought it through correctly. I would use it again, and I've recommended it to friends. I used it with outlines and flashcards... the more questions you do, the better you get. Then you take the bar, and nothing you studied is on there. ;) Chin up.

bluewin888

Postby bluewin888 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:11 pm

nothing you studied is on there. ??

How many questions shall I do from adaptibar? Taking barbri too.

psteele99 wrote:I used adaptibar, paired with Themis. I found it to be a contributing factor to giving me the extra bump on my MBE. The reason: a fair number of the questions I saw on Themis, repeated in Adaptibar, BUT Adaptibar changed the question slightly so that it tested the same concept of law, but made you pick a different answer if you thought it through correctly. I would use it again, and I've recommended it to friends. I used it with outlines and flashcards... the more questions you do, the better you get. Then you take the bar, and nothing you studied is on there. ;) Chin up.

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Fri May 08, 2015 12:36 pm

bluewin888 wrote:nothing you studied is on there. ??

How many questions shall I do from adaptibar? Taking barbri too.

psteele99 wrote:I used adaptibar, paired with Themis. I found it to be a contributing factor to giving me the extra bump on my MBE. The reason: a fair number of the questions I saw on Themis, repeated in Adaptibar, BUT Adaptibar changed the question slightly so that it tested the same concept of law, but made you pick a different answer if you thought it through correctly. I would use it again, and I've recommended it to friends. I used it with outlines and flashcards... the more questions you do, the better you get. Then you take the bar, and nothing you studied is on there. ;) Chin up.

I think he's just joking...There's around 1,700 questions so I think if you have 2 months to study, you can probably do just about all of them. There isn't really a magic number. But since all Adaptibar is is MBE questions, might as well get the most bang for your buck.

paraguayfargus

Postby paraguayfargus » Fri May 08, 2015 9:08 pm

The Hacking the Bar book spoke very highly of it. I signed up...

Probably one of those things that you don't really know how helpful it will be until you see your mbe score in 6 months!

abogadesq

Postby abogadesq » Tue May 12, 2015 12:59 am

+1. I also did Themis + Adaptibar. Adaptibar has a lot more practice questions and I felt that they were more reflective of those on the exam, however I also found Themis to be a great deal.

psteele99

Postby psteele99 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm only kind of joking. 1/3rd of the questions on the bar exam I felt completely unprepared for and literally, picked one answer as a crap shoot. One third, I could pick the answer right away, and another third, I got it down to two right answers and guessed. This is normal. Everyone feels this way. For all the practice MBE's u do, you hope to feel more sure of yourself, and you just don't. Keep at it, you'll be fine. I did all of the subject specific practice sets on Themis, plus the mixed sets up through 8, and probably another 400-500 on adaptibar. I'm not sure how many that is, but I was doing between 35 and 50 practice MBE's a day. You got this.

And He is She ;)

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Wed May 13, 2015 1:30 pm

psteele99 wrote:I'm only kind of joking. 1/3rd of the questions on the bar exam I felt completely unprepared for and literally, picked one answer as a crap shoot. One third, I could pick the answer right away, and another third, I got it down to two right answers and guessed. This is normal. Everyone feels this way. For all the practice MBE's u do, you hope to feel more sure of yourself, and you just don't. Keep at it, you'll be fine. I did all of the subject specific practice sets on Themis, plus the mixed sets up through 8, and probably another 400-500 on adaptibar. I'm not sure how many that is, but I was doing between 35 and 50 practice MBE's a day. You got this.

And He is She ;)

That's how I felt as well, and I ended up with only a 116 on the MBE. I walked out thinking I had passed and failed. I don't know what the hell to do now. I'm doing Adaptibar as a last resort really. I did really well on the essays because then I could actually apply what I learned. If I had done even barely average on the MBE, I would have passed. I do feel obviously there is room for improvement. I am thinking maybe I didn't spend enough time going over the right and wrong answers during my prep, and didn't full integrate some of the nuances. I'm going to try and go through all the Adaptibar questions and be more conscientious of every right and wrong answer, maybe log it, do anything I can so I can improve 10 points next time. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”