Staying with a Married Couple Rather than Getting a Hotel

dclaw2007

Staying with a Married Couple Rather than Getting a Hotel

Postby dclaw2007 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm considering staying at a married couple's house with a spare bedroom (good buddy of mine from undergrad and his wife) rather than staying in a hotel to save money. I'm taking a bar trip afterwards, and will therefore be pretty strapped until starting work in October. They're both working professionals and very relaxed, so I think they might be a calming presence. Their apartment is a 5 minute drive from the bar exam. Good idea or bad?

justonemoregame

Re: Staying with a Married Couple Rather than Getting a Hotel

Postby justonemoregame » Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 pm

badaboom61

Postby badaboom61 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Is your firm eventually reimbursing your expenses? If so, just get the hotel and put it on a credit card; interest between now and october will be negligible. Especially if you apply for a new 0% introductory rate card.

If not, I'd save the cash. It doesn't sound as good as a nice hotel but it's probably fine. It doesn't sound like there will be any problems or distractions. Probably even better than a cheap hotel.
Last edited by badaboom61 on Tue May 05, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s1m4

Postby s1m4 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:15 pm

dclaw2007 wrote:I'm considering staying at a married couple's house with a spare bedroom (good buddy of mine from undergrad and his wife) rather than staying in a hotel to save money. I'm taking a bar trip afterwards, and will therefore be pretty strapped until starting work in October. They're both working professionals and very relaxed, so I think they might be a calming presence. Their apartment is a 5 minute drive from the bar exam. Good idea or bad?

Good idea if they goto bed at a reasonable hour. Also good if they cook food for you.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue May 05, 2015 7:30 pm

Does this couple know of your plans ?

dclaw2007

Postby dclaw2007 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:40 pm

They do indeed. Sadly, my firm doesn't reimburse for hotels, but I think even if they did, it might be nicer staying with friends. I'll be forced to get my mind off the bar and just enjoy myself over dinner, watch a movie, etc.

Traynor Brah

Postby Traynor Brah » Tue May 05, 2015 8:10 pm

what are you concerned about exactly

they're married. not like they're going to keep you up all night having weird sex or something

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”