stay strong, repeaters!

dunno

stay strong, repeaters!

Postby dunno » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:06 pm

I passed MA!! And this is my second attempt.

Each post here echoes exactly how I felt before receiving and opening that envelop. I cried HARD when I opened the envelop and read the words 'Congratulations...'. Past 9 months are like straight hell, but thank God, it is ALL gone. I HATE IT, as I was through a life so miserable that I am so freaking out to look back at this moment.

To those who failed this time: I went through EXACTLY the same agony and difficult time, but two suggestions for you: (1) stay strong; (2) Buy the Red Kaplan MBE book, bury yourself in it for 3 months. Just do it, review it, again, again, and again, never stop. That's how I did it, and that works WAY WAY more effective than Barbri or other BS.

Good luck and stay strong.

underthirty

Re: stay strong, repeaters!

Postby underthirty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TxBarTaker09

Postby TxBarTaker09 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:24 pm

Congrats on passing. I am currently awaiting the results of my 4th attempt. I said last time that I wasn't going to take another for a while, but this time I have a job that's actually pretty good and I can't afford any more attempts for now, plus I only have one attempt left. So if I don't pass this week, it will be my final attempt for a while.

GucciManeEsq

Postby GucciManeEsq » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Another repeater here (FL). Nothing I say will make you feel better about failing. That's where I was after July 2014. I was miserable. Life sucks. Social life sucks. You'll lie to girls on dates and tell them that you took off time to study for February (or maybe that was just me). It blows.

Take a couple weeks off to recover, clear your mind as best as possible, and call up your bar prep company to see if they will give you new materials. Get back on the horse and go. From October to February, I did at least 33-66 MBE questions a day and 2.5 practice exams. I did about 25 FL essays and submitted them to Kaplan (their graders are incredibly hard, by the way).

I passed with a 141 on the MBE (got a 135 in July) and a 148 on the FL portion (135 in July as well). I recently accepted a job offer after passing. I did it. You will too. And afterwards, you won't have to lie to girls (or guys) on dates.

Go get 'em. You got this.

numbertwo88

Postby numbertwo88 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:09 pm

TxBarTaker09 wrote:Congrats on passing. I am currently awaiting the results of my 4th attempt. I said last time that I wasn't going to take another for a while, but this time I have a job that's actually pretty good and I can't afford any more attempts for now, plus I only have one attempt left. So if I don't pass this week, it will be my final attempt for a while.
I'm really holding out for you!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”