Best Place to Sell Barbri Books? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Nate

New

Best Place to Sell Barbri Books?

Post by Nate » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:30 pm

Looking to offload some Barbri books (2014 CA and 2015 UBE). I'd like to avoid eBay if I can and the buy/sell forum here seems pretty inactive. Is there a go-to place to sell them?

Neve

Bronze

Re: Best Place to Sell Barbri Books?

Post by Neve » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Craigslist?

I tried to sell my old LSAT books on eBay and got a long (cease and desist) email from the LSAT company's legal department telling me to immediately remove the listing or there would be sanctions - similarly, Barbri might use these methods to protect their product from being sold on eBay.

Have you asked any rising 2Ls and 3Ls from your school if they would be interested in buying your bar prep books? If you don't know any, maybe you could go to your alma mater and post a paper ad on the bulletin board with your contact information.

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Neve wrote:I tried to sell my old LSAT books on eBay and got a long (cease and desist) email from the LSAT company's legal department telling me to immediately remove the listing or there would be sanctions
wait, wut

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:48 pm

Traynor Brah wrote:
Neve wrote:I tried to sell my old LSAT books on eBay and got a long (cease and desist) email from the LSAT company's legal department telling me to immediately remove the listing or there would be sanctions
wait, wut
Reselling the books violated the company's agreement with the student (me) to not sell/loan out the books. It was ridiculous... :shock:

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:13 pm

That's why we don't let people sell bar prep stuff here - the companies gets unpleasant about people violating their agreements not to sell their proprietary stuff. I've definitely seen bar prep stuff for sale on eBay, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”