How easy to pass Connecticut essay day?

champ33

How easy to pass Connecticut essay day?

Postby champ33 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 pm

I passed NY and NJ last July with a 162 MBE. I am completing a state court clerkship in Connecticut in August, without any job lined up for afterwards so far, and so I am contemplating taking the Connecticut bar this July. Factors deterring me from this are the cost ($750, + I'm assuming a technology fee), the time I will have to spend studying (again) this summer, and the lack of foresight as to whether I will get another job in NY or NJ before even hearing CT results. On the other hand, I don't hate living here and have become somewhat familiar with litigation practice in the state over this past year.

The deadline for this July is in the next few days, so I am looking for any guidance on exactly how much time I'll have to put in to get the minimum passing score with an imported 162 MBE. Does anyone have any recommendations for studying for just the essay day in CT, or experience with the decision I am facing? Thanks TLS.

underthirty

Re: How easy to pass Connecticut essay day?

Postby underthirty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

champ33

Re: How easy to pass Connecticut essay day?

Postby champ33 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Thank you! This sort of confirms what I was thinking. Any other thoughts are welcome.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”