NY Bar Feb 2015 Waiting Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jdone

New

Re: NY Bar Feb 2015 Waiting Thread

Post by jdone » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:35 pm

@cooperlaserpup NJ actually doesn't have much extra material, just what's tested on the MBE and some NJ specific Civ Pro. NJ essays are different than NY essays however, but last time I bombed the MBE, which is the main reason I had to re-take both.

@cakeordeath Wow what happened was terrible and must have been extremely stressful and difficult for you and your family. You are so strong to have gotten through it, especially on those exam days. Glad your dad is home recovering now!

It's good to know there are understanding employers out there. These last few months have been hard and someone told me the other day to "stop being so hard on yourself"...I'm trying to take that advice.

So I already brushed my teeth, in pj's and in bed but just got up to finish a bottle of wine because I'm too nervous to sleep. About to find a show to watch now that I'm all caught up on Scandal, House of Cards, and Better Call Saul. Cheers, y'all.

PWM1824

New

Post by PWM1824 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Does anyone have the website address where they would post information about results coming out? Is it just the NY BOLE website?

Also: If you had the option of:

(a) Staying with your current employer at a SIGNIFICANTLY reduced salary and basically being a paralegal, in order to re-take for a THIRD time

-OR-

(b) Jump ship (where ship = law) and start over with an otherwise pretty decent law-leaning resume

... what would you do? I'm not in love with my position, but I enjoy it. Geography is not a limit.

Trying to prepare for the worst.

jdone

New

Post by jdone » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:33 pm

I think it's just the NY BOLE website. I guess it's possible that info could be leaked and reported by other sources, but I wouldn't believe any news unless it came directly from NY BOLE.

I was a legal assistant/paralegal in NYC before law school so, because of that, I would choose option B. I didn't go through 3 years (now 4) of law school to stay in a similar position, which I enjoyed but then realized I had hit a ceiling because I could not do things only lawyers could do. So I'd rather get a position in a different industry that doesn't have those limits. That's just me. Of course you must do what YOU enjoy! That's what matters.

Don't worry, be happy. :) (Warning: this might be the wine talking)

thesteelers

Bronze

Post by thesteelers » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:48 pm

Nobody has gotten an email, right?

I am wishing you all the best of luck guys. I bought myself some Jameson and I'm going to empty the bottle one way or another once I know results are out.

jdone

New

Post by jdone » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:55 pm

No emails yet for me.

@stendhal- I saw this article the other day and of course I agree. More states should have a diploma privilege, like Wisconsin, where you can be licensed without the bar exam if you graduate from a law school in the state. As the article says at its end, the public/consumers of legal services would be the ones to drive a change in the requirement of bar exams. Our grumblings will not cause it. I think such change would have to be spearheaded by the legal community, like law schools who are already taking action and lawyers (who have passed the exam and therefore have credibility). I'm not sure if enough lawyers would support the removal of the bar exam because first, it is against their interest, and second, they would rather spend their time on other things. If you decide to write something about this, you have my support!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:02 am

crap. guess its not tonight. on the plus side, I can go to sleep now. carry on, folks!

kiz923

New

Post by kiz923 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:04 am

I got the bad news at 12:38 in october...

manyx2

New

Post by manyx2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 am

PWM1824- I don't know what industry you are in but I work in health care compliance now. The position is a JD preferred position, and I make more than most associates I know. This is my second attempt at the bar. I am hoping to go in house at the system I work for now if I pass, but if not I am going to take the summer off from bar prep and retry in February. There is a ton of work out there where JD's are valued, and you do not have to be barred in that state.

I don't think the results are coming tonight :(. I got mine last fall at 12am on the dot.. :(

Br3wnor

New

Post by Br3wnor » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 am

kiz923 wrote:I got the bad news at 12:38 in october...
Was there a posting done on the BOLE site at midnight? Or did you just get it without any notice put up

*This waiting is absolute torture

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kiz923

New

Post by kiz923 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:23 am

I don't know about the notice posted on Bole…the results were so unexpected that I don't think anyone knew to check ahead of time because it was the first time they emailed results without any prior notice…and I just double checked my email from the fall. it is time stamped as 11:59pm, but I didn't receive it until 12:38am. so I really have no clue.

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:37 am

Last edited by underthirty on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiz923

New

Post by kiz923 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:47 am

All I really know is that they make this already difficult process so much more stressful for no reason in particular. Like it's that hard to announce a specified release date…people lose sleep over this shit. I have been a zombie for the last 2-3 days. technically, this could go on until mid-may.

stendhal

New

Post by stendhal » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:56 am

kiz923, I think there is a reason they do it this way: it makes for "better" hazing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kiz923

New

Post by kiz923 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:04 am

stendhal wrote:kiz923, I think there is a reason they do it this way: it makes for "better" hazing.
So much better…but, if these jerkoffs are going to fail me again, i'd prefer they'd let me know sooner rather than later, so I can have a good cry and then try to get my shit together...

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:26 am

My results for the JULY 2014 came in an e-mail with no warning. ( purposely enlarged July 2014 for those that are skimming & waiting). Was totally unexpected.

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:04 am

I know it's not worth much but does anyone know how much they scale the NY multiple choice raw score? I think I probably got less than half of those correct hah. I was praying on MBE to carry me through but who knows. I didn't study that NYMC stuff at all.

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:31 am

I mentioned this above but to clarify for those asking:

If they release results the same way they did for July 2014, then at midnight there will be a posting on the BOLE website with a link where you can check your results by logging in with BOLE ID and DOB.

There will be an email sent out simultaneously, but due to the volume not everyone will get it right at 12:01.

So, if by 12:05 there's nothing new on the BOLE website, then its safe to say no results that day. Chug the drink in hand and pass out.

This is all assuming, of course, that they don't do it totally different just because they can.

Good luck! I have arraignments all day today, thank god for pro hac vice but its also weird to be representing people whilst waiting on bar results haha.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JoanSloan

New

Post by JoanSloan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:40 am

I have arraignments all day today, thank god for pro hac vice but its also weird to be representing people whilst waiting on bar results haha.
Amen. When someone my boss is representing calls me an attorney, I correct them and still feel like a fraud/shady mofo. It gives a whole new meaning to "impostor syndrome."

Thank you, NYBole, for another long day of waiting! I wonder if anyone has tried calling them obsessively....

Br3wnor

New

Post by Br3wnor » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:45 am

MASSACHUSETT'S results were mailed today. Don't know if their dates have any historical correlation to ours...

manyx2

New

Post by manyx2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:23 am

Last time MA results were received on a Thursday and the following Wednesday we got the NY results. My fiancé took the NY bar in July 2011 and he got his results via email at 11am on a Thursday in early November. I think the trend is getting earlier and earlier each administration. I was shocked to get the results when we did last fall.

Any time now!

Chessiesmile

New

Post by Chessiesmile » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:26 am

Those babies are coming out tonight.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bob2

New

Post by Bob2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:29 am

Too much anxiety waiting for these results. I decided to call BOLE to get a feel of when the results will be out and the lady on the phone told me they won't be out this week. She said, "Probably next week or the week after." There you go! Relax and have a fun weekend knowing that the wait continues.

manyx2

New

Post by manyx2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:39 am

Awesome. Thank you!

stendhal

New

Post by stendhal » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

I'm not sure I trust Lady on the Phone.

If there's nothing tonight, let's all go to Albany in the morning to pull a UC Davis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8775ZmNGFY8

nyny

Bronze

Post by nyny » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Long time lurker decided to long on in. But if the lady is correct and we should expect results next week, is that due to the amount of people who took the exam, because of the amount of people who failed and must of retook this feb? Or could it be the that a bunch of people's exams had to be regraded because they are within the 10 point pass range? Man I don't know, but as a retaker this wait has been excruciating!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”