NY Bar Feb 2015 Waiting Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
blueenigma

New

Re: NY Bar Feb 2015 Waiting Thread

Post by blueenigma » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:19 pm

encore1101 wrote:
waiting4eva wrote:Ahhh sorry for unleashing another stress monster. I was curious if anyone who passed in July was able to "reregister" or get pretty far, but I guess if you passed in July, you wouldn't be lurking around this thread...

I passed in July 2014. It's letting me re-register.
I think the question is: Back in July, while waiting for results, did you attempt to re-register before the results came out in October? If you were, it is an indicator that being allowed to re-register does not necessarily mean you failed since ultimately you received positive results.

Br3wnor

New

Post by Br3wnor » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:24 pm

blueenigma wrote:
encore1101 wrote:
waiting4eva wrote:Ahhh sorry for unleashing another stress monster. I was curious if anyone who passed in July was able to "reregister" or get pretty far, but I guess if you passed in July, you wouldn't be lurking around this thread...

I think the question is: Back in July, while waiting for results, did you attempt to re-register before the results came out in October? If you were, it is an indicator that being allowed to re-register does not necessarily mean you failed since ultimately you received positive results.
I don't think it matters either way. If he's allowed to register now as someone who's in the system as having passed the bar in July, then the ability to register doesn't seem to be linked to pass/fail within the system.

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm

I am sure BOLE has tried to take precautions to ensure that people don't receive their results or any indication thereof through any part of the online system, after last year's debacle. I wouldn't read too much into anything.

blueenigma

New

Post by blueenigma » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm

I passed and it's letting me go through the registration steps as well but since it's from a previous administration I don't know if that's a useful metric. If I would have tried to register whilst waiting for results, it might have been different. If someone tried to re-register, say, on October 27, 2014 while waiting for results of the July 2014 exam, that might be a better indicator. Or no indicator at all. Who knows. I'm honestly hoping for the best for everyone. I know the pain. And yes, some of us lurk on these boards to cheer our friends/family members on who are going through the struggle. :lol: :lol: :D

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:32 pm

blueenigma wrote:
encore1101 wrote:

No, I didn't try to do that. I don't think being able to re-register now or shortly after I passed the bar means anything. My BOLE ID would still be flagged as "passed" if the hypothesis is that someone who passed cannot re-register.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

uconndoit0727

New

Post by uconndoit0727 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Results are coming out Thursday. Not sure if I can reveal my source so you're going to have to blindly believe it (unless you want to drive yourself insane at midnight tonight and tomorrow).

mevsshark

New

Post by mevsshark » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:35 pm

I think it's funny to take a step back and look at how all of us waiting on results are just grasping at whatever straws we can find. Odds are we'll all know by the end of Thursday if not the end of tomorrow.

It's just one heck of a wait...

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:37 pm

uconndoit0727 wrote:Results are coming out Thursday. Not sure if I can reveal my source so you're going to have to blindly believe it (unless you want to drive yourself insane at midnight tonight and tomorrow).
wow! hope you wouldn't just mess with us like this!!!! I'll still be a crazy person all night.[

ALSO FUCKING GREAT. I AM IN NIGHT COURT FROM 5PM WEDNESDAY UNTIL 1AM THURSDAY OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING ME I CANNOT FIND OUT IN COURT.

sledge

New

Post by sledge » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:52 pm

uconndoit0727 wrote:Results are coming out Thursday. Not sure if I can reveal my source so you're going to have to blindly believe it (unless you want to drive yourself insane at midnight tonight and tomorrow).
I know you can't reveal your source, but please I hope you are not making this up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cakeordeath

New

Post by cakeordeath » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Don't know if this is relevant to the above discussion, but if (gasp...and knock on wood) if one was not successful on the exam in February, one would have 2 weeks from being notified to register for July. So, my point being - don't waste your money until you know for sure.

You know what's hilarious? (but not) is that even fully believing that results are coming out on Thursday would not make me any less insane until then. This process is just that much of a mind-fuck. But, I appreciate the info, nonetheless.

uconndoit0727

New

Post by uconndoit0727 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Having to endure this myself - I wouldn't mess with anyone like that. Until then - good luck everyone

Chessiesmile

New

Post by Chessiesmile » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:59 pm

sledge wrote:
I know you can't reveal your source, but please I hope you are not making this up.
just take it and run with it man, work yourself up any more than necessary

Bob2

New

Post by Bob2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:03 pm

This may be true. Results are coming out this week. The anxious me has called BOLE on 518 453-5990 and this is what I got, "The results will be out this week but we do not have an exact date." Maybe it is Thursday or even tomorrow. This is scary!!!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

britishgirlinNYC

New

Post by britishgirlinNYC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Oh dear god, I also have the option to re-register...!! :'(

I wish I hadn't checked.

To those of you who are considering checking if you can register for July 2015: DON'T DO IT, IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE.

Jimothy

New

Post by Jimothy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:56 pm

britishgirlinNYC wrote:Oh dear god, I also have the option to re-register...!! :'(

I wish I hadn't checked.

To those of you who are considering checking if you can register for July 2015: DON'T DO IT, IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE.
I thought this was basically confirmed as a red herring though.

Br3wnor

New

Post by Br3wnor » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Jimothy wrote:
britishgirlinNYC wrote:Oh dear god, I also have the option to re-register...!! :'(

I wish I hadn't checked.

It was, someone who passed in July was able to re-register so I don't think it's an indication of anything. I don't know anyone in this thread or outside of it who was barred of re-registering and I don't think everyone failed.

ashle484

New

Post by ashle484 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Br3wnor wrote:
Jimothy wrote:

I wish I hadn't checked.

It was, someone who passed in July was able to re-register so I don't think it's an indication of anything. I don't know anyone in this thread or outside of it who was barred of re-registering and I don't think everyone failed.
Went through this discussion in November for California. Being able to re-register means absolutely nothing, so don't stress.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

manyx2

New

Post by manyx2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:34 pm

I don't want to freak anyone out. I am just thinking I would appreciate this input if I weren't me I guess. I took both MA and NY as a second timer. Failed both last summer. Just got my MA results today and I failed by 2.5 pts, but the shocker is my MBE. I failed last time because my MBE was a 126 scaled (in MA) NY it was a little higher. This time I almost solely studied the MBE up until the last month added a few essays in daily. My MBE score here is a 127.6. 1 point better?!!? AND I hammered Civ Pro. I scored well above the avg. on most all essays. I am SHOCKED at my MBE score. Scored a 119 raw on the barbi practice. Something must have gone seriously wrong? I don't get it. Not optimistic at all about passing NY with this MBE score. Only saving thought is in NY its only worth 40% as opposed to 50% and I did very well on MA essay...and I didn't study any MA law.

Fingers crossed. I just need to know!

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:35 pm

manyx2 wrote:I don't want to freak anyone out. I am just thinking I would appreciate this input if I weren't me I guess. I took both MA and NY as a second timer. Failed both last summer. Just got my MA results today and I failed by 2.5 pts, but the shocker is my MBE. I failed last time because my MBE was a 126 scaled (in MA) NY it was a little higher. This time I almost solely studied the MBE up until the last month added a few essays in daily. My MBE score here is a 127.6. I point better?!!? AND I hammer Civ Pro. I scored well above the avg. on most all essays. I am SHOCKED at my MBE score. Scored a 119 raw on the barbi practice. Something must have gone seriously wrong? I don't get it. Not optimistic at all about passing NY with this MBE score. Only saving thought is in NY its only worth 40% as opposed to 50% and I did very well on MA essay...and I didn't study any MA law.

how could your MBE be different in two states when the scale is national?

Sorry about MA :(

manyx2

New

Post by manyx2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:38 pm

It's not different- the weight totals or point value each state gives to your MBE national score is what they report to you I think? This is how it was explained to me atleast..

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:41 pm

manyx2 wrote:It's not different- the weight totals or point value each state gives to your MBE national score is what they report to you I think? This is how it was explained to me atleast..

Oh I thought you meant you got a 126 in MA and a higher score in NY, which wouldn't make sense (hence why you can transfer the score from state to state.) But you're definitely correct that they can be weighted differently!

Based on what you described and how close you were I bet you have a good chance at passing NY. Good luck!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nyny

Bronze

Post by nyny » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:50 pm

manyx2 wrote:I don't want to freak anyone out. I am just thinking I would appreciate this input if I weren't me I guess. I took both MA and NY as a second timer. Failed both last summer. Just got my MA results today and I failed by 2.5 pts, but the shocker is my MBE. I failed last time because my MBE was a 126 scaled (in MA) NY it was a little higher. This time I almost solely studied the MBE up until the last month added a few essays in daily. My MBE score here is a 127.6. 1 point better?!!? AND I hammered Civ Pro. I scored well above the avg. on most all essays. I am SHOCKED at my MBE score. Scored a 119 raw on the barbi practice. Something must have gone seriously wrong? I don't get it. Not optimistic at all about passing NY with this MBE score. Only saving thought is in NY its only worth 40% as opposed to 50% and I did very well on MA essay...and I didn't study any MA law.

Man sorry to hear that!! I do know multiple people that passed July's bar exam with 125-127 scores, so don't give up hope. I have a question though, what did you do different to prepare yourself for the Feb 2015 MBE, that you did not do on the July 2014 MBE?

waiting4eva

New

Post by waiting4eva » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:50 pm

ashle484 wrote:
Br3wnor wrote:
Jimothy wrote:

I wish I hadn't checked.

Went through this discussion in November for California. Being able to re-register means absolutely nothing, so don't stress.
Yeah, sorry I even brought it up and caused more stress. It means nothing, I've now learned.

manyx2

New

Post by manyx2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:52 pm

cooperlaserpup wrote:
manyx2 wrote:It's not different- the weight totals or point value each state gives to your MBE national score is what they report to you I think? This is how it was explained to me atleast..

Oh I thought you meant you got a 126 in MA and a higher score in NY, which wouldn't make sense (hence why you can transfer the score from state to state.) But you're definitely correct that they can be weighted differently!

Based on what you described and how close you were I bet you have a good chance at passing NY. Good luck!!!

Thank you. It's going to take a great MPT and way above avg essays... Best of luck to you too!

manyx2

New

Post by manyx2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:00 pm

nyny wrote:
manyx2 wrote:I don't want to freak anyone out. I am just thinking I would appreciate this input if I weren't me I guess. I took both MA and NY as a second timer. Failed both last summer. Just got my MA results today and I failed by 2.5 pts, but the shocker is my MBE. I failed last time because my MBE was a 126 scaled (in MA) NY it was a little higher. This time I almost solely studied the MBE up until the last month added a few essays in daily. My MBE score here is a 127.6. 1 point better?!!? AND I hammered Civ Pro. I scored well above the avg. on most all essays. I am SHOCKED at my MBE score. Scored a 119 raw on the barbi practice. Something must have gone seriously wrong? I don't get it. Not optimistic at all about passing NY with this MBE score. Only saving thought is in NY its only worth 40% as opposed to 50% and I did very well on MA essay...and I didn't study any MA law.

Man sorry to hear that!! I do know multiple people that passed July's bar exam with 125-127 scores, so don't give up hope. I have a question though, what did you do different to prepare yourself for the Feb 2015 MBE, that you did not do on the July 2014 MBE?
Thank you that is reassuring actually. My tutor told me that it's basically unheard of to pass NY without atleast a 130 on the MBE...and basically all my friends passed last time and got low 140's so that's what I was shooting for.

Studying this time around I did my free second attempt at barbi and also purchased kaplan. So I had access to both MBE prac questions. I also had some past exams from my school's database that contain actual mbe ?s. I studied only MBE subjects jan-feb and continued up until the test to do atleast 40-50 mbe a day. I was scoring 75% on most groups of 50 and sometimes higher. I also got a tutor through barbri but she primarily worked on getting my essays in top shape so that in the event I couldn't raise my MBE score much I may still pass on essay points.

I am baffled though. I thought at a minimum I'd get the avg like a 136 on the MBE. I am just shocked.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”