NY Bar Feb 2015 Waiting Thread

JoanSloan

Re: NY Bar Feb 2015 Waiting Thread

Postby JoanSloan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:20 am

I guess no news is better than bad news!!

Part of me agrees/is relieved.
Part of me doesn't want to drink and run every night for a week.

TheBARNY

Postby TheBARNY » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:21 am

Would they release the score over the weekend? I would at least enjoy some weekend respite.

stendhal

Postby stendhal » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:34 am

I will get ill if I have to wait too many more nights. Barely any sleep last night.

Most of you took practice tests scored like NY actually scores them, right? I used Themis and wanted to throttle them when I found out they score your essays on a scale that has nothing to do with the one NY uses. When I asked for some way to convert them they just told me to incorporate their feedback cause that's all I needed. I beg to differ.

cakeordeath

Postby cakeordeath » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:46 am

Well bleepity bleep.

kiz923

Postby kiz923 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:02 am

stendhal wrote:I will get ill if I have to wait too many more nights. Barely any sleep last night.

Most of you took practice tests scored like NY actually scores them, right? I used Themis and wanted to throttle them when I found out they score your essays on a scale that has nothing to do with the one NY uses. When I asked for some way to convert them they just told me to incorporate their feedback cause that's all I needed. I beg to differ.

I'm already at that point...I've barely slept in the past few days and I've been a zombie at work. Im so tired that ive made careless, inexcusable mistakes in the office, which is really frustrating. I try to tell myself that the outcome is completely out of my hands, but I still have zero control over the anxiety. I was actually reading the application for character and fitness and they ask candidates to disclose any mental health issues that may interfere with their ability to work in the legal field. I thought that was very ironic, considering that anxiety/depression runs rampant throughout the legal community and this process certainly doesn't make it easier on any of us.

PWM1824

Postby PWM1824 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:50 am

:shock: weekend results? has that happened before? I am a zombie during my waking hours, and have been all week. :(

Bob2

Postby Bob2 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:18 am

I doubt they will release these results over the weekend. In the last five February sittings, the results were released on a Thursday or a Tuesday. I predict that they will release these results on Tuesday, April 28 or Thursday April 30. I don't think the wait will spillover to May. Here are the release dates for the last five February sittings:

April 24,2014-Thursday
May 2, 2013-Thursday
April 26,2011-Tuesday
April 27,2010-Tuesday
May 5,2009-Tuesday

Br3wnor

Postby Br3wnor » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:52 am

The small silver lining is that at least we know it's not coming until Monday night at the earliest so try to relax this weekend everyone

jen29031991

Postby jen29031991 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:17 am

britishgirlinNYC wrote:I took the exam in July 2014 and got 662...failing by so little really made me so mad.

I got 124 on MBE and average of 5.2 on essays last year. I thought I had done significantly better than that, actually I thought July 2014 was a very reasonable exam so I was genuinely surprised I didn't pass. I felt quite good after that exam.

...Until I got the surprise Oct email and I wanted to throw my laptop out the window. Stayed up all night and moped about for two more weeks after that...pulled myself together and took the Feb 2015 exam. My last attempt...and I feel like Feb was so hard :( I messed up some of the essays and I'm so worried. Doesn't help that I don't have any US legal education, UK educated.

Good luck to you all! Hopefully tonight is the night.

Im also UK educated and failed the bar by 2 points in July scoring a 663. Im in exactly the same boat, thought July exam was OK, although I preferred the essays in February, my MBE in July was 125. I cant take the anxiety much longer, its worse knowing what that feeling of failure is like.

manyx2

Postby manyx2 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 am

jen29031991 wrote:
britishgirlinNYC wrote:I took the exam in July 2014 and got 662...failing by so little really made me so mad.

I got 124 on MBE and average of 5.2 on essays last year. I thought I had done significantly better than that, actually I thought July 2014 was a very reasonable exam so I was genuinely surprised I didn't pass. I felt quite good after that exam.

...Until I got the surprise Oct email and I wanted to throw my laptop out the window. Stayed up all night and moped about for two more weeks after that...pulled myself together and took the Feb 2015 exam. My last attempt...and I feel like Feb was so hard :( I messed up some of the essays and I'm so worried. Doesn't help that I don't have any US legal education, UK educated.

Good luck to you all! Hopefully tonight is the night.

Im also UK educated and failed the bar by 2 points in July scoring a 663. Im in exactly the same boat, thought July exam was OK, although I preferred the essays in February, my MBE in July was 125. I can't take the anxiety much longer, its worse knowing what that feeling of failure is like.

If you brought you MBE score up even just 10 points this time you FOR SURE passed. A 125 is a low scaled MBE score. Your essays must have been great! I am sure if you worked on the MBE this time around and studied Civ Pro you passed!! :) GOOD LUCK!

JoanSloan

Postby JoanSloan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:49 am

This is kinda absurd. How many bar registration deadlines do they want us to miss?

jdone

Postby jdone » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Haha I'm trying to imagine results being released on a Friday or over the weekend and of course some of it would be messed up like some people got an email while others did not, and people are calling them but their office is closed. Now THAT would be even more emotional distress. Trying to forget about results until Monday night. This exam has taken enough of our lives already.

Ignorance is bliss, right?
(that was easier for me to believe the first time around)

CHEERS TO THE FREAKING WEEKEND...

sledge

Postby sledge » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:48 pm

jdone wrote:Haha I'm trying to imagine results being released on a Friday or over the weekend and of course some of it would be messed up like some people got an email while others did not, and people are calling them but their office is closed. Now THAT would be even more emotional distress. Trying to forget about results until Monday night. This exam has taken enough of our lives already.

Ignorance is bliss, right?
(that was easier for me to believe the first time around)

CHEERS TO THE FREAKING WEEKEND...

I'll drink to that. Seriously though, this waiting period has been a nightmare.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:03 pm

MPRE results for the March administration are released this Tuesday, the 28th. It would make a lot of sense if New York released results AFTER that so they could certify people who took it then. I don't know if this is something they do though, just an idea.

sledge

Postby sledge » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:07 pm

I guess we should all enjoy our weekend as we prepare for another week of anxieties.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:05 am

So are we safe for tonight no results???

cakeordeath

Postby cakeordeath » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:02 pm

I declare today Optimism Day. Everybody act as if they passed. :)

sledge

Postby sledge » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:15 am

Let's all hope for a great week filled with good news!!! :D :) :lol:

cooperlaserpup

Postby cooperlaserpup » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:57 pm

so Thursday night I got accidentally way way waaaay too drunk at happy hour (probably should have eaten something and not accepted free whisky drinks when I was already drunk.) I left the bar around 9:15 intending to go home. Somehow (don't remember) while trying to get a cab I fell off the curb and faceplanted. In front of more senior attorneys (not a boss or supervisor, but still.) Drunk cried, insisted I was fine, ended up in an ambulance to the ER to get stitches in my lip. Was in a ton of pain Friday (took a sick day) and saturday, feeling (and looking) much better today. Significant cut on my forehead that I can hide with my bangs, cut on my nose and lip stitches I really can't hide so court tomorrow is going to be somewhat hilarious.

All of this was less painful than waiting on my bar results. While I was drunk screaming and crying and bleeding in front of my coworkers, I apparently kept moaning that I just know I failed the bar and I really suck.

How is it that this test has this much hold on our lives????

....There's no way they would release scores on "monday" as in midnight tonight, right?? I mean, there's no one sitting in their office right now so that seems absurdly unlikely.....and yet I don't think I will fall asleep until I can check. UGH.

15NY15

Postby 15NY15 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:30 pm

cooperlaserpup wrote:so Thursday night I got accidentally way way waaaay too drunk at happy hour (probably should have eaten something and not accepted free whisky drinks when I was already drunk.) I left the bar around 9:15 intending to go home. Somehow (don't remember) while trying to get a cab I fell off the curb and faceplanted. In front of more senior attorneys (not a boss or supervisor, but still.) Drunk cried, insisted I was fine, ended up in an ambulance to the ER to get stitches in my lip. Was in a ton of pain Friday (took a sick day) and saturday, feeling (and looking) much better today. Significant cut on my forehead that I can hide with my bangs, cut on my nose and lip stitches I really can't hide so court tomorrow is going to be somewhat hilarious.

All of this was less painful than waiting on my bar results. While I was drunk screaming and crying and bleeding in front of my coworkers, I apparently kept moaning that I just know I failed the bar and I really suck.

How is it that this test has this much hold on our lives????

....There's no way they would release scores on "monday" as in midnight tonight, right?? I mean, there's no one sitting in their office right now so that seems absurdly unlikely.....and yet I don't think I will fall asleep until I can check. UGH.

Wow! Sorry to hear this happened to you. I assume we wouldn't be emailed but part of me thinks that whoever is in charge of releasing them may have set an automated timer on Friday to release them at midnight. Am I being paranoid? or could this be the case?

cooperlaserpup

Postby cooperlaserpup » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:03 pm

at this point I believe anything!

re: the email thing, I mention in a past post that I read on Separac (check it out if you want to dry yourself bonkers) that when they release the emails at midnight a post goes up on BOLE website with a link to check your score. Not everyone will receive the email at once due to volume, so checking the BOLE website at midnight is an easy way to tell if they are coming tonight or not.

My thought is this website update probably wouldn't be set to update in advance? Because if they could do it friday at 5, I assume they'd set it to release Friday at midnight.....But that's just me logic-ing around...

cakeordeath

Postby cakeordeath » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:35 pm

cooper....omg! I'm glad you're ok, but damn this test for having this much power of us! I'll be staying up til midnight again, but I doubt that they will come out tonight. My guess is Mon/Tue midnight or Wed/Thur midnight.

cooperlaserpup

Postby cooperlaserpup » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 pm

cakeordeath wrote:cooper....omg! I'm glad you're ok, but damn this test for having this much power of us! I'll be staying up til midnight again, but I doubt that they will come out tonight. My guess is Mon/Tue midnight or Wed/Thur midnight.

thanks! I survived! And shant be attending happy hour for quite a while....

samsies. I just know I won't sleep before midnight!! There's a cinderella joke in here somewhere, but I'm not feeling clever enough to come up with it.

Lapis123

Postby Lapis123 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Why is the NY bar website down? Is this a sign the results will come out at midnight?

cooperlaserpup

Postby cooperlaserpup » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Lapis123 wrote:Why is the NY bar website down? Is this a sign the results will come out at midnight?

holy crap. it very well might be.

its a sign that I will be in a state of sheer panic for the next 40 mins!!

ETA: My IT bf (who wants me to chill the fuck out, so isn't exatcly unbiased) says that regularly scheduled maintenance also usually happens late on weekend nights for most websites. BUT STILL.

ETA2 (12:03AM): site still down, so guess that means bf was correct. trying to calm myself down enough to go to sleep!!!!! Good luck everyone!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”