Themis/Working Full-Time Job

feblanco

Themis/Working Full-Time Job

Postby feblanco » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:29 am

Any Themis users in here who had to work a full-time job during the whole bar prep process? I know it's not advisable, but I know it has been done. Just trying to gain a sense of camaraderie while I drive myself into a panic-induced meltdown. I would appreciate any experiences you can share. Is it true that Themis allows early access to those who are working a full-time job during bar prep?

txsunshine

Re: Themis/Working Full-Time Job

Postby txsunshine » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:52 am

I used Themis and worked full-time during bar prep. It is doable. I finished 85% of the course and only took the last two weeks before the exam off of work completely. I can't reiterate enough how important those last two weeks were to my being focused enough for the exam--hopefully your employer will let you do the same.

Yes, Themis allows early access to the course so long as you are paid up. I started three weeks early because I knew I would be going at a much slower pace than everyone else. My schedule was basically:

-Roll into work around 8:30, do a multiple choice set or a quick lecture or any one task off my to-do list;
-Work on real work until lunch;
-Eat at my desk while I listened to lectures for an hour;
-More real work until 5:00;
-At 5:00, I closed my door and did Themis until around 7;
-Pack up and go home and relax for a couple of hours;
-Bar prep until midnight;
-Rinse, repeat.

feblanco

Re: Themis/Working Full-Time Job

Postby feblanco » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:16 am

txsunshine wrote:I used Themis and worked full-time during bar prep. It is doable. I finished 85% of the course and only took the last two weeks before the exam off of work completely. I can't reiterate enough how important those last two weeks were to my being focused enough for the exam--hopefully your employer will let you do the same.

Yes, Themis allows early access to the course so long as you are paid up. I started three weeks early because I knew I would be going at a much slower pace than everyone else. My schedule was basically:

-Roll into work around 8:30, do a multiple choice set or a quick lecture or any one task off my to-do list;
-Work on real work until lunch;
-Eat at my desk while I listened to lectures for an hour;
-More real work until 5:00;
-At 5:00, I closed my door and did Themis until around 7;
-Pack up and go home and relax for a couple of hours;
-Bar prep until midnight;
-Rinse, repeat.

Which jurisdiction if I may ask? Texas?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”