Illinois Bar Exam February 2015

Do you think you passed the Feb. 2015 IL bar exam?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:20 pm

Definitely.
No votes
More likely than not.
15%
I'm really not sure (it can go either way).
46%
Probably not.
23%
Ummm... Lets just say I've started studying for July 2015.
8%
Nope!
8%

Total votes: 13

krishna_das

Illinois Bar Exam February 2015

Postby krishna_das » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Did anybody else receive an email from the IL Board, asking you to update your contact information by April 1? I got an email on Tuesday afternoon. I'm thinking results will be released on the 1st of April.

ilovetypos

Re: Illinois Bar Exam February 2015

Postby ilovetypos » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:54 pm

I got this email too and almost fell out of my chair when I saw who it was from. Honestly, i'd be surprised if they have the results out as early as April 1.

LawgirlIL

Postby LawgirlIL » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:53 pm

The results come out april 1. They have the past 3 years. They will come out on the 1st this year. Just like July results always come out October 1.

ilovetypos

Postby ilovetypos » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:17 am

LawgirlIL wrote:The results come out april 1. They have the past 3 years. They will come out on the 1st this year. Just like July results always come out October 1.

I sincerely hope you're correct, but the il bar's Twitter feed doesn't suggest they've come out April 1 for a couple years. Fingers crossed!

underthirty

Postby underthirty » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:50 am

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krishna_das

Postby krishna_das » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:05 am

LawgirlIL wrote:The results come out april 1. They have the past 3 years. They will come out on the 1st this year. Just like July results always come out October 1.

I'm with LawgirlIL on this one, barring some unforeseen circumstance, I think Illinois releases on the 1st, which is like 12 days away. I know I'm not going to be able to sleep on Mar. 31st... In any event, I'm particularly curious to see what the statistics will be in light of the new Civ Pro section to the MBE... Hopefully there is a surprisingly generous curve for us all... But who knows...
Last edited by krishna_das on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DELG

Postby DELG » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:53 am

Holy shit that's early

ilovetypos

Postby ilovetypos » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:40 am

This is excellent news... OMG I'm scared

krishna_das

Postby krishna_das » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:34 am

The wait is almost over... We should know our results next week.

OfThriceandTen

Postby OfThriceandTen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:26 am

I'm going to be moving on April 1... Do they send an email to notify that results have been posted to the account? God I hated this exam. I cant imagine taking it again.

krishna_das

Postby krishna_das » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:50 am

OfThriceandTen wrote:I'm going to be moving on April 1... Do they send an email to notify that results have been posted to the account? God I hated this exam. I cant imagine taking it again.

Yes. Most ppl will probably be logged in already, refreshing their account page every .5 seconds.

OfThriceandTen

Postby OfThriceandTen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:37 am

krishna_das wrote:
OfThriceandTen wrote:I'm going to be moving on April 1... Do they send an email to notify that results have been posted to the account? God I hated this exam. I cant imagine taking it again.

Yes. Most ppl will probably be logged in already, refreshing their account page every .5 seconds.

Hah. Torn between whether I'm happy to have something to take my mind off of it or whether I'm just going to be way too anxious for the duration of the move.

krishna_das

Postby krishna_das » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:16 am

We're only a couple of days away! Any regrets?

DELG

Postby DELG » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 am

krishna_das wrote:We're only a couple of days away! Any regrets?

You mean like attending law school, taking this stupid exam multiple times, not reviewing contracts the night before MBE?

Servatus

Postby Servatus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:09 am

krishna_das wrote:

I'm with LawgirlIL on this one, barring some unforeseen circumstance, I think Illinois releases on the 1st, which is like 12 days away. I know I'm not going to be able to sleep on Mar. 31st... In any event, I'm particularly curious to see what the statistics will be in light of the new Civ Pro section to the MBE... Hopefully there is a surprisingly generous curve for us all... But who knows...

I am looking at the IBAB twitter account where last year they stated it was a couple days after April 1. "Be advised that the results for the February 2014 will not post today, but within the next couple days." This post was from April 1, 2014.

I am not sure where others are getting they come out April 1 every year. Because I don't see any evidence of that. Although it is certainly possible they do come out April 1.

underthirty

Postby underthirty » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:16 am

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krishna_das

Postby krishna_das » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:28 am

Servatus wrote:
krishna_das wrote:

I am looking at the IBAB twitter account where last year they stated it was a couple days after April 1. "Be advised that the results for the February 2014 will not post today, but within the next couple days." This post was from April 1, 2014.

I am not sure where others are getting they come out April 1 every year. Because I don't see any evidence of that. Although it is certainly possible they do come out April 1.

Clearly, that is not what it says on the IBAB twitter account... Here is the link https://twitter.com/il_bar/status/318812132609253376.... "Be advised that the results for the Feb 2013 will not post today, but within the next couple days. Give your F5 key a rest for today." My understanding is that was because NCBE was delayed in forwarding MBE scores...

In any event, the pattern has been to release on the 1st of April or October... The July 2013 results were released on October 1st... The February 2014 results were released on April 1st.... And the July 2014 results were released on October 1st... I think we have every reason to expect that the February 2015 results will be released on April 1st (tomorrow)...

WillRoger

Postby WillRoger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:13 am

krishna_das wrote:
Servatus wrote:
krishna_das wrote:

Clearly, that is not what it says on the IBAB twitter account... Here is the link https://twitter.com/il_bar/status/318812132609253376.... "Be advised that the results for the Feb 2013 will not post today, but within the next couple days. Give your F5 key a rest for today." My understanding is that was because NCBE was delayed in forwarding MBE scores...

In any event, the pattern has been to release on the 1st of April or October... The July 2013 results were released on October 1st... The February 2014 results were released on April 1st.... And the July 2014 results were released on October 1st... I think we have every reason to expect that the February 2015 results will be released on April 1st (tomorrow)...

Has anyone actually called the Illinois Board of Bar Admissions to see if they will say anything about the April 1 date?

krishna_das

Postby krishna_das » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:51 am

Has anyone actually called the Illinois Board of Bar Admissions to see if they will say anything about the April 1 date?

If you call, the only thing that they are allowed to say is that "results will be released within the first 2 weeks of April".... They always say that even though they typically release results on the 1st. If you want to remain skeptical about results being released tomorrow, then be skeptical. Wait as long as you like before checking your results (I can understand the hesitation) no matter when they release them.

What I know for certain is that I am not going to be able to sleep a wink tonight, and I'll probably be glued to my account page from midnight on until the Board puts me out of my misery.

FeeltheIllinoise

Postby FeeltheIllinoise » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:22 am

krishna_das wrote:

If you call, the only thing that they are allowed to say is that "results will be released within the first 2 weeks of April".... They always say that even though they typically release results on the 1st. If you want to remain skeptical about results being released tomorrow, then be skeptical. Wait as long as you like before checking your results (I can understand the hesitation) no matter when they release them.

What I know for certain is that I am not going to be able to sleep a wink tonight, and I'll probably be glued to my account page from midnight on until the Board puts me out of my misery.

Try to get some sleep. Results aren't usually posted in your account until after 10 a.m. I didn't pass IL July 2014. I received an email at 10:16 a.m. saying I have a new message in my account.

I was in a meeting at work that morning so I wasn't able to keep refreshing my account, but it's my understanding from classmates that results weren't posted for very long before the email went out.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

krishna_das

Postby krishna_das » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:15 pm

I will try, FeeltheIllinoise. :) For anyone who is interested, the IL Supreme Court's website was just updated with dates and locations for the new bar admission ceremonies (which will be in May). http://www.state.il.us/court/SupremeCourt/Ceremonies/default.asp I have been using google chrome's page monitor plugin to watch the admissions ceremony page. They updated it a few minutes ago. I'm positive results will be released tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone, and I am sure we all passed!

IL2ndtime

Postby IL2ndtime » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:28 pm

I just received an email from my IL bar contact that my application was submitted for in-house review, and returned to her by the reviewer with instruction to wait until i provide updated contacts to verify my employment! Really?! They are asking for these details the day before results are (possibly) released? What are the chances I didn't pass and they still ask for employment verification. It just would not make sense. I want to take this as a good sign but I sure don't want to get my hopes up. Man, this will be the longest twenty some odd hours of my life.

DELG

Postby DELG » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:50 pm

IL2ndtime wrote:I just received an email from my IL bar contact that my application was submitted for in-house review, and returned to her by the reviewer with instruction to wait until i provide updated contacts to verify my employment! Really?! They are asking for these details the day before results are (possibly) released? What are the chances I didn't pass and they still ask for employment verification. It just would not make sense. I want to take this as a good sign but I sure don't want to get my hopes up. Man, this will be the longest twenty some odd hours of my life.

I am in the exact same boat. I doubt the processors have any clue though. They're just doing their jobs.

SecondTimeCharm

Postby SecondTimeCharm » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 pm

I also received an "urgent" request from my processor with a question about my Character & Fitness application.

I failed the July 2014 exam, and they did not send such an email last time...

coopaloop

Postby coopaloop » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:53 pm

Random…..but when you guys log into the IL BOA website, does it have the "Start New Application" field active on your welcome page?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”