Do you need supplements (Adaptibar, Critical Pass, Emanuel)?

a male human

Re: Do you need supplements (Adaptibar, Critical Pass, Emanuel)?

Postby a male human » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

ConfusedL1 wrote:
lawst_ wrote:I took Barbri twice, failed both times I used it. My MBE was pretty low both those times as a result.

I finally passed this time around and the main difference for me was using Ameribar and Adaptibar. Both use real bar questions, which are significantly different from Barbri's questions.

Seriously, I wouldn't even look at Barbri's MBE questions unless you completely run out of questions from Adaptibar.

Damn. What use is Barbri at all then?

Feeling of security. They are well known, and most everyone else is using them. Their outlines are pretty good, though.

lawst_

Re: Do you need supplements (Adaptibar, Critical Pass, Emanuel)?

Postby lawst_ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 am

ConfusedL1 wrote:
lawst_ wrote:I took Barbri twice, failed both times I used it. My MBE was pretty low both those times as a result.

I finally passed this time around and the main difference for me was using Ameribar and Adaptibar. Both use real bar questions, which are significantly different from Barbri's questions.

Seriously, I wouldn't even look at Barbri's MBE questions unless you completely run out of questions from Adaptibar.

Damn. What use is Barbri at all then?

I think their state materials/essay stuff is good. I also used the CMR quite extensively. But if you can buy just those books online or from someone without taking the actual course, do it. Barbri is extremely overpriced and more than half of their materials are useless (in my opinion). Kaplan/Ameribar/Adaptibar/Emmanuel all have better MBE prep.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”