February 2015 Bar Results Waiting Room

LawJunky

Re: February 2015 Bar Results Waiting Room

Postby LawJunky » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:55 am

I repeated the bar exam in Feb and can't wait to find out the results.

In July, I made several glaring errors on the essays, and I knew about the errors right after the exam. I failed with a 1420. This time (Feb 2015) I am not aware of any glaring errors, so hopefully the result will be different. Best of luck to you and all CA bar exam takers.

2807 and Murph provided outstanding essay writing and PT guidance in preparation of the Feb exam. Thank you.

reasonable troll

Postby reasonable troll » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Anybody have results dropping soon?

CA still has 53 days to go. Not that I'm counting.

ilovetypos

Postby ilovetypos » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:05 pm

reasonable troll wrote:Anybody have results dropping soon?

Illinois allegedly releases on April 1.

Homiemomma

Postby Homiemomma » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:24 pm

reasonable troll wrote:
numbertwo88 wrote:Any Netflix recommendations? Or Amazon prime instant video recommendations? I have nothing but time as well so I figure ... Might as well watch something interesting while I have the time.

I'll toss "Wentworth" on Netflix out there. Really good show - along the same vein of Orange is the New Black but a bit grittier and more so drama than comedy.

If you dive into Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, plz report.

I watched the entire season of Kimmy Schmidt waiting for it to get good. Really dumb, obvious, stereotype-based jokes. I don't get why people are going crazy over it. But I guess I should be happy that I have that kind of time to waste...

Homiemomma

Postby Homiemomma » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Homiemomma wrote:
waxecstatic wrote:
Homiemomma wrote:
waxecstatic wrote:I took the bar in Mass after an abysmal performance in July. I went into an awful depression after I got my results in October even though I knew I failed. Seeing all my friends and classmates call themselves esquire and post photos of their letter on Facebook was more than I could handle. I used Themis this time around and supplemented with some of my old BarBri materials. I only got to about 65% (supposedly you have a 98% chance of passing if you get to 75%) but still got a lot of the course. I also liked not having to go to the library or to any classroom to use it. Anyway, I think I did pretty well on the bar but I honestly have no idea. I think I did well on the essays but there's probably a shit-ton of stuff I missed. As for the MBE, who knows really? It's multiple choice and it could go one way or the other. I remember a couple weeks before the test being so worried I would have some disaster on test day. Maybe I'll freeze, maybe I won't sleep the night before, maybe I won't be able to concentrate. It's a miracle I got through it alive! I hope everyone on here passes and we can all move on with our lives.

Ditto... Except for Massachusetts...
I couldn't believe my score when I got it. I didn't have a job yet, but I had a ton of interviews lined up and they were all canceled when the list of new members of the state bar was published on the bar association's website, and my name wasn't on it. I deleted my Facebook account and avoided contact with all of my law school classmates until like a month after swearing in.

So then I actually had a prosecution job lined up midway through studying the second time around, and I got arrested. Obviously the state doesn't want it's prosecutors to also be defendants, so that's not happening now... So I'm making the most of the contacts that I made during my internships and hoping for a job with a firm. I ran into a friend who does criminal defense during an appearance as a defendant & he said his firm might be looking for someone, so who knows - maybe the arrest will result in a job...

But I feel the same way about the exam. I thought the essays were WAY easier than in July, but the MBE is such a damn crap shoot. I did Barbri again and was able to complete most of it, unlike the first time around. If it's any consolation though, every practicing attorney I know says they walked out of the exam with absolutely no idea how it went. So maybe that feeling is an indication of good things to come.

I'm sorry to hear all that...that must have been really rough. When I went into the bar the second time, I felt I had done basically everything I could, unlike the first time. I thought well I studied for three months, I went over the barbri mini reviews for each subject dozens of times, I did about 1,500 MBE questions (which I now think was not enough), and I did a few practice tests that went alright. And the test itself really wasn't bad. But I'm more certain about the essays than I am in the MBE and I just would hate to have to go through it all again. And this being in limbo is such a waste of life. It would be a lot easier to get through this phase in the summer/fall when everyone else had just taken it for the first time but it's a much smaller group now.

Same all around. So many of my classmates are working and I'm just hanging out watching Parks & Rec... Trying to maintain some semblance of an ordinary life while not thinking about the exam!

You could be hanging out watching House of Cards....[/quote]

I tried. I couldn't get into it.

Homiemomma

Postby Homiemomma » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Montana mails them on April 7. I should have mine by the 9th at the latest. And hopefully a job by then too...

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:46 pm

OK releases April 3. Much better than when I took Texas and all of my friends made partner by the time I found out my results.

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:58 pm

I think Mass sends them out around late- April which means another month of me sitting on my ass, wondering, waiting, and thinking, and watching my moods go back and forth like a pendulum. After I go to the gym, and do some fruitless job searching, I have nothing but time on my hands. It's that time that I try my best doing anything except thinking about the bar exam.

BeachedBrit

Postby BeachedBrit » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:31 am

When the early states release their pass/fail list and/or scores, do they also release mean/median type numbers that can be used to compare how this MBE went against prior MBE sections?

mvsw

Postby mvsw » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:20 am

Last year Utah posted on March 29. eek.

JoanSloan

Postby JoanSloan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:20 pm

I'm seriously considering rehearsing scenarios where I tell my employer that I failed again. This time I have no excuse. I really tried my best.

3-4 weeks to go!

reasonable troll

Postby reasonable troll » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:02 pm

JoanSloan wrote:I'm seriously considering rehearsing scenarios where I tell my employer that I failed again. This time I have no excuse. I really tried my best.

3-4 weeks to go!

I'm pretty sure I'm fired if I failed again? But not sure enough that I could bow out gracefully. So while my real dream would be to leave Friday and never return, I would probably have to suffer another Monday of Shame.

Homiemomma

Postby Homiemomma » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:11 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:When the early states release their pass/fail list and/or scores, do they also release mean/median type numbers that can be used to compare how this MBE went against prior MBE sections?

We only get our normalized score - no mean, no raw scores.

JoanSloan

Postby JoanSloan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:59 am

I'm pretty sure I'm fired if I failed again? But not sure enough that I could bow out gracefully. So while my real dream would be to leave Friday and never return, I would probably have to suffer another Monday of Shame.

Sounds like a scene in a feel-good English movie. What you can't see at the moment is how Our Hero manages to turn the tide, kicka**, and get the love interest...all approximately an hour and 20 minutes after the unbearable akwardness.

reasonable troll

Postby reasonable troll » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:59 pm

JoanSloan wrote:

Sounds like a scene in a feel-good English movie. What you can't see at the moment is how Our Hero manages to turn the tide, kicka**, and get the love interest...all approximately an hour and 20 minutes after the unbearable akwardness.

haha i admire and appreciate your positive outlook!

i guess if it comes down to it that monday, i'll give it an hour and twenty minutes before shaving my head and attacking people with an umbrella :)

smith

Postby smith » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:40 pm

No one fails the bar just chill

TheLegalOne

Postby TheLegalOne » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm job hunting (legal and non-legal) and doing a mild bar prep by revising my outlines and completing a few MBEs daily (just in case I have take this darn thing again in July).

Homiemomma

Postby Homiemomma » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:18 pm

smith wrote:No one fails the bar just chill

...Except those of us that already have. After last July, many of us have a very legitimate reason to be stressing. And crossing our fingers. And preparing for the worst.

That said, those of you who get your results really early, will you let us know when results are out? The February pass rates might be telling when compared to the July pass rates.

psteele99

Postby psteele99 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:38 pm

How was February's MBE compared to July? Did you find them equally difficult? I certainly felt like the exam I took was not the one I prepared for. It scares the shit out of me.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 pm

psteele99 wrote:How was February's MBE compared to July? Did you find them equally difficult? I certainly felt like the exam I took was not the one I prepared for. It scares the shit out of me.

I felt like Kaplan was dead on and that the MBE was easier.

Tomego

Postby Tomego » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:41 am

Washington's scores are posted at 12:01 on April 10. I doubt I get much sleep that night...

Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:52 am

Checking in and waiting on results from MA and NH. First time taker and nervous as hell.

borntorun86

Postby borntorun86 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:34 pm

NC results are dropping today. Best of luck to everyone.

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Financially, this waiting period has been ruinous. Well, in reality, not passing the bar has been devastating to every aspect of my life. But the cherry on top of this calamity has been this waiting period since taking the test where I have zero confidence in my own abilities and my moods change like the weather. I know I did everything I could this time. I brought the essay questions home and even after consulting my Themis books there were some parts of questions that I simply could not answer. I tell myself there has to be at least one person who passed who did worse than me this time. I've applied for hundreds of jobs and have gotten nowhere. I've had my phone shut off, and I pretty much have no social life. Everything is pretty much riding on 4 weeks from now when I get my results. I'm doing everything I can to stay sane. Best of luck to everyone!!

reasonable troll

Postby reasonable troll » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:17 pm

borntorun86 wrote:NC results are dropping today. Best of luck to everyone.

GODSPEED, NORTH CAROLINA.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”