February 2015 Bar Results Waiting Room Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
TheLegalOne

New

Re: February 2015 Bar Results Waiting Room

Post by TheLegalOne » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:39 pm

reasonable troll wrote:HOW BOUT THAT CA EMAIL??

I know CA never releases early, but I had a minor stroke all the same.
I know, right?!! My heart skipped several beats wondering if receiving the email implied anything other than what it actually said. LOL!!

L’Étranger

Bronze

Post by L’Étranger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:57 pm

TheLegalOne wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:HOW BOUT THAT CA EMAIL??

I know CA never releases early, but I had a minor stroke all the same.
I know, right?!! My heart skipped several beats wondering if receiving the email implied anything other than what it actually said. LOL!!
I forgot that they had sent out the same email during the summer, and also initially thought it might have been about early release. Sucks.

baratemylife

New

Post by baratemylife » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Posting to hopefully relieve some worry. I'm typically a pretty calm person but the anxiety from waiting on these results was damn near paralyzing. Didn't want to go out and see people because when they inevitably asked whether scores had come back my stomach would knot up and I'd get so tight that it was hard to carry on even a simple conversation. During that awful waiting period some of the posts on TLS were comforting.

Here's my story. Took the Alabama bar in Feb. Thought I failed. Couldn't sleep either night of the exam and taking sleeping pills didn't help. Had to drink a ton of coffee to compensate so had to leave and go pee several times during each portion of the test and lost precious time. I barely got to one of the two MPTs. After finishing the first MPT I had 45 minutes left and basically threw together a skeleton answer, part of which was bullet points. Experienced the same horror story on the essays. Left one totally blank except for a few words of an intro sentence, and another essay I had to bullet point half of.

The MBE was a mind rape. Most of the questions seemed to test nuances of subjects that I felt I had not scene in BarBri. Narrowing down to 2 and trying to guess and move on on most all of the questions was super exhausting. I knew I needed a good MBE score to carry me and was banking on it because I was scoring well on BarBri: 70-75%, 143 raw on the simulated final. But walking out of the MBE I had NO IDEA how I did and thought I could have easily made in the 120s.

Well, I finally got my results today and I passed. They didn't give us our scores but I sent off for them through NCBE. I'm relieved to say the least. I hope this post gives some people some relief in that you can feel like you totally screwed up and still pass. I will try to remember to repost my scores once I receive them.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting and sincere condolences to anybody who got bad news. It could happen to anyone. For all those still waiting, maybe my story is anecdotal evidence that you most likely passed.

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TxBarTaker09

Bronze

Post by TxBarTaker09 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:51 am

Finally, finally passed

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Mon May 04, 2015 3:40 pm

TxBarTaker09 wrote:Finally, finally passed

congrats!

reasonable troll

Bronze

Post by reasonable troll » Tue May 05, 2015 2:18 pm

My patience is really wearing thin during these last two weeks. Super anxious to move past the waiting and onto the next step, whether associatehood or burger flipping.

L’Étranger

Bronze

Post by L’Étranger » Tue May 05, 2015 3:19 pm

reasonable troll wrote:My patience is really wearing thin during these last two weeks. Super anxious to move past the waiting and onto the next step, whether associatehood or burger flipping.
With you homeboy. At this point, I've built this thing up so much, I'll probably literally crap may pants next Friday at 5:58P. I go back and forth about 100 times a day between giddy hopefulness that I passed and sorrowful acceptance over how my life will jump the rails if I failed.

s1m4

Bronze

Post by s1m4 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:10 pm

^ I'm right there with you guys. I enter possible exam number data into my excel sheets for 5 minutes every morning when I get to work.

Based on my July scores / feelings after exam / BARBRI feedback: I predict 60-65 on Essay 1, 65-75 on Essay 2, 55-75 on Essay 3 (finished way early on this one, went back and added some BS), 55-65 on Essay 4 (stupidly wrote that no contracts damages because for sale of property, though solid equitable remedies), 65-70 on Essay 5, 55 on Essay 6 (Wills was always my worst subject, after the "Was there a valid will" analysis I get all screwed up...), 60-70 on PR 1, 55 on PR 2, 150 on MBE (same as July). :|

I'm considering booking a hotel for July 2015 right now, because once the results come out Im guessing everything will be booked. I can cancel if I happen to pass.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

L’Étranger

Bronze

Post by L’Étranger » Tue May 05, 2015 6:36 pm

s1m4 wrote:^ I'm right there with you guys. I enter possible exam number data into my excel sheets for 5 minutes every morning when I get to work.

Based on my July scores / feelings after exam / BARBRI feedback: I predict 60-65 on Essay 1, 65-75 on Essay 2, 55-75 on Essay 3 (finished way early on this one, went back and added some BS), 55-65 on Essay 4 (stupidly wrote that no contracts damages because for sale of property, though solid equitable remedies), 65-70 on Essay 5, 55 on Essay 6 (Wills was always my worst subject, after the "Was there a valid will" analysis I get all screwed up...), 60-70 on PR 1, 55 on PR 2, 150 on MBE (same as July). :|

I'm considering booking a hotel for July 2015 right now, because once the results come out Im guessing everything will be booked. I can cancel if I happen to pass.
I also got a 1500 MBE in July (lot of good that did me).

If your estimates are on point, you should be right there.

s1m4

Bronze

Post by s1m4 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:12 pm

L’Étranger wrote:
s1m4 wrote:^ I'm right there with you guys. I enter possible exam number data into my excel sheets for 5 minutes every morning when I get to work.

Its ridiculous we got such high MBE scores and didn't pass - can't we waive into DC with scores like these?? I'm hoping July wasn't a fluke for me. I did about 1500 MBEs prepping for July - I got through about 3,000 this time (though a lot was quantity over quality) although I still ended up scoring the same on the BARBRI final exam after all that as I did in July (wtf!) I'm hoping the addition of Civ Pro helps rather than harms.

So did you mainly screw up on the Essays / PT in July? I'm assuming you were fairly close.

L’Étranger

Bronze

Post by L’Étranger » Tue May 05, 2015 7:28 pm

s1m4 wrote:
L’Étranger wrote:

Its ridiculous we got such high MBE scores and didn't pass - can't we waive into DC with scores like these?? I'm hoping July wasn't a fluke for me. I did about 1500 MBEs prepping for July - I got through about 3,000 this time (though a lot was quantity over quality) although I still ended up scoring the same on the BARBRI final exam after all that as I did in July (wtf!) I'm hoping the addition of Civ Pro helps rather than harms.

So did you mainly screw up on the Essays / PT in July? I'm assuming you were fairly close.
In July I stubbornly (foolishly and arrogantly) made the same mistake I made throughout law school: I identified the law, but did not "work" with the facts enough on my essays. Plus, I stupidly, stupidly, stupidly, did not spend any time studying for the PTs and got 60s on both where a 65 on just one would have passed me.

While I worked more with the facts in Feb, I personally thought the law was tougher on the Feb essays, and I personally feel like the examiners were kinda messing with us on the essays, by: 1) Repeating multiple subjects from July, 2) Repeating subjects within the exam (which I've never seen before), 3) Not including PR (which I've never seen before), 4) Numerous cross-over questions.

I'm probably reading way too much into it, but it felt like the examiners were making a statement on the Feb exam - like "don't try and predict what we're gonna do with the essay questions, 'cause you can't" or something like that.

PennJD83

New

Post by PennJD83 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 pm

L’Étranger wrote:
s1m4 wrote:
L’Étranger wrote:

In July I stubbornly (foolishly and arrogantly) made the same mistake I made throughout law school: I identified the law, but did not "work" with the facts enough on my essays. Plus, I stupidly, stupidly, stupidly, did not spend any time studying for the PTs and got 60s on both where a 65 on just one would have passed me.

While I worked more with the facts in Feb, I personally thought the law was tougher on the Feb essays, and I personally feel like the examiners were kinda messing with us on the essays, by: 1) Repeating multiple subjects from July, 2) Repeating subjects within the exam (which I've never seen before), 3) Not including PR (which I've never seen before), 4) Numerous cross-over questions.

I'm probably reading way too much into it, but it felt like the examiners were making a statement on the Feb exam - like "don't try and predict what we're gonna do with the essay questions, 'cause you can't" or something like that.
I agree with everything you just said. Also, I still don't believe that the class of 2014 is somehow "less able" than all the other classes from the past decade. The exam is just getting harder/more exclusive period. Although I felt more confident about my performance on the Feb exam, I'm still pretty nervous because the whole grading process. It still feels very arbitrary to me. Oh well...there's nothing I can do about it now. Best of luck to you all!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Tue May 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L’Étranger

Bronze

Post by L’Étranger » Tue May 05, 2015 9:29 pm

gaagoots wrote: My grader for prep was so brutal that one of the lawyers in the firm just told me to stop turning them in because my confidence was shot. I literally copied from the barpassers essay book and got a 60, with a comment the organization was all wrong.

I just saw one company (don't know who) is running an ad in the Sac CL for tutors to grade mass amounts of essays and PTs, no previous bar grader experience needed. So there ya have it.
This is a really interesting point too. I used Themis and submitted every graded essay. The grader typically turned them around in 1-3 hours, and if my answer didn't match the sample answer to the T, the grader failed me. This plus seeing my grades from July was not a big confidence boost.

I actually (blissfully) left the July exam with out the slightest worry that I failed. But after failing July and getting such negative feedback from my grader, I felt like I failed Feb even before I was done with the exam.
Last edited by L’Étranger on Tue May 05, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L’Étranger

Bronze

Post by L’Étranger » Tue May 05, 2015 9:29 pm

**Accidentally double posted**

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Tue May 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

L’Étranger

Bronze

Post by L’Étranger » Tue May 05, 2015 11:43 pm

gaagoots wrote:
L’Étranger wrote:
gaagoots wrote: My grader for prep was so brutal that one of the lawyers in the firm just told me to stop turning them in because my confidence was shot. I literally copied from the barpassers essay book and got a 60, with a comment the organization was all wrong.

I just saw one company (don't know who) is running an ad in the Sac CL for tutors to grade mass amounts of essays and PTs, no previous bar grader experience needed. So there ya have it.
This is a really interesting point too. I used Themis and submitted every graded essay. The grader typically turned them around in 1-3 hours, and if my answer didn't match the sample answer to the T, the grader failed me. This plus seeing my grades from July was not a big confidence boost.

I actually (blissfully) left the July exam with out the slightest worry that I failed. But after failing July and getting such negative feedback from my grader, I felt like I failed Feb even before I was done with the exam.
I was at a bridal shower over the weekend and sat with a lawyer, she took Themis and told me about their grading. She took the July 2013 exam with her husband, both enrolled in Themis. Husband was getting great scores, she was getting her ass kicked. Two different graders. So she got so sick of her grades she then turned in one of her husbands 75's and got a failing grade. She, like me stopped turning them in. She passed that bar so did husband but she told me she knows that kick to the confidence feeling.
Thanks. I appreciate the anectdote.

nvbar2015

New

Post by nvbar2015 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Found out I passed the Feb 2015 NV bar exam. This was my second attempt, I failed on my first try by 1.6 points.

The relief is amazing!

For those who didn't pass, don't give up. You can pass! If I can do it, so can you.

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Wed May 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:52 pm

nvbar2015 wrote:Found out I passed the Feb 2015 NV bar exam. This was my second attempt, I failed on my first try by 1.6 points.

The relief is amazing!

For those who didn't pass, don't give up. You can pass! If I can do it, so can you.
Congratulations! Enjoy the feeling because it is indeed amazing.

I love hearing goods news from repeat takers :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

baratemylife

New

Post by baratemylife » Wed May 06, 2015 9:18 pm

baratemylife wrote:Posting to hopefully relieve some worry. I'm typically a pretty calm person but the anxiety from waiting on these results was damn near paralyzing. Didn't want to go out and see people because when they inevitably asked whether scores had come back my stomach would knot up and I'd get so tight that it was hard to carry on even a simple conversation. During that awful waiting period some of the posts on TLS were comforting.

Here's my story. Took the Alabama bar in Feb. Thought I failed. Couldn't sleep either night of the exam and taking sleeping pills didn't help. Had to drink a ton of coffee to compensate so had to leave and go pee several times during each portion of the test and lost precious time. I barely got to one of the two MPTs. After finishing the first MPT I had 45 minutes left and basically threw together a skeleton answer, part of which was bullet points. Experienced the same horror story on the essays. Left one totally blank except for a few words of an intro sentence, and another essay I had to bullet point half of.

The MBE was a mind rape. Most of the questions seemed to test nuances of subjects that I felt I had not scene in BarBri. Narrowing down to 2 and trying to guess and move on on most all of the questions was super exhausting. I knew I needed a good MBE score to carry me and was banking on it because I was scoring well on BarBri: 70-75%, 143 raw on the simulated final. But walking out of the MBE I had NO IDEA how I did and thought I could have easily made in the 120s.

Well, I finally got my results today and I passed. They didn't give us our scores but I sent off for them through NCBE. I'm relieved to say the least. I hope this post gives some people some relief in that you can feel like you totally screwed up and still pass. I will try to remember to repost my scores once I receive them.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting and sincere condolences to anybody who got bad news. It could happen to anyone. For all those still waiting, maybe my story is anecdotal evidence that you most likely passed.
Update: paid the ncbe $25 to get my scores

mbe: 171.3

essay/MPTs: 145.6

Passed with a ridiculously large margin.

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Thu May 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Colorado released, only 62% pass rate lowest in 5 years.

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Thu May 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s1m4

Bronze

Post by s1m4 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Lowest passage in 5 years? FML! This exam is a farce! How can it be that we dedicate so much time studying for it, know the law cold, and yet still they find ways to trick us during the test. Have they no heart? Don't they know what is at stake? Just give me my license! I'm just not good at these PTs, but I can waive into DC with my MBE! You've stolen 4 years of my life ABA! I can't even refinance my loans until I pass this crap. :|

Anyone know a guy who knows a guy who is taking bribes to make sure my name is on that pass list? I think that, long-term, it would be cheaper for me to sell my house and pay someone rather than fail again. If I fail I have to leave my well-paid job and pound sand.
Last edited by s1m4 on Thu May 07, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”