July 2015 California Bar Exam

melissaraffalow

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby melissaraffalow » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:31 pm

a male human wrote:I drafted a Buzzfeed article to entertain (and hopefully lead to "edutainment" to) those who will have not passed.

Are you guys interested in taking a look to make sure it's not in poor taste toward people who will see this on or after Saturday morning?

YUP

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:One law school acquaintance boasted on facebook after each bar he passed (four). Like, "three down one to go, bewm! #barsareeasy" or some shit. Must be nice.

Was this guy a gunner or just a boastful fucktwit? Fucking, gunners...

He was not a gunner, he was a jersey shore reject med school dropout obsessed with being a professional in order to brag and make money only.

Same with the guy I dated. Constantly reminding us he went to a Forbes top 15 school and how we were UC public school minions. We all graduated in May 14, he took July 14. Too arrogant to do practice essays, not one PT. He was 100% sure he passed, guess what? Ran around claiming he failed by 6 points and blamed the bar graders. He is good at MBEs that's it, his writing is as disjointed as his thinking. Lowest score was 50 on the crim pro essay, must have stung since he was an intern for the DA. That's why he sabotaged my Feb prep...bad karma is not something I'd want in my life.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:39 pm

gaagoots wrote:He was 100% sure he passed, guess what? Ran around claiming he failed by 6 points and blamed the bar graders. He is good at MBEs that's it, his writing is as disjointed as his thinking. Lowest score was 50 on the crim pro essay, must have stung since he was an intern for the DA.

Thank god that Karma has a way of Holm-kicking people in the head...

MC_ClapYourHands

Postby MC_ClapYourHands » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:22 pm

melissaraffalow wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:Dreamt I failed.

It was all a dream.

I used to read word up magazine

You can keep the Heavy D but I'll take the limousine.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Should we expect a lag when logging in?

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:34 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:Should we expect a lag when logging in?

A few seconds based on my experiences.

However, those few seconds will be pure agony, and you'll feel each molecule of adrenaline bumping through your body in bullet time, like the instant moment of contact between two expert swordsmen (or swordswoman in this day and age).

Looking forward to it! :D

petsoundspop

Postby petsoundspop » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:56 pm

a male human wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:Should we expect a lag when logging in?

A few seconds based on my experiences.

However, those few seconds will be pure agony, and you'll feel each molecule of adrenaline bumping through your body in bullet time, like the instant moment of contact between two expert swordsmen (or swordswoman in this day and age).

Looking forward to it! :D

Should we expect the site to go down for 5-10 minutes? God I can't take it anymore so nervous!

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Nah it should be up and a bit laggy but nothing breaking

I wonder if in the pre-Internet days people got their results one by one by mail

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:08 pm

a male human wrote:Nah it should be up and a bit laggy but nothing breaking

I wonder if in the pre-Internet days people got their results one by one by mail

My boss said that you used to be able to call in and a robot would tell you the news.

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:13 pm

I was told they called in 'back in the day'

Speaking of which. I found an old Flemings graded essay book. Just to show how rare they test the takings clause, it was tested in 90 (very brief issue) 1992 very similar to ours, kicking myself missing comprehensive plan. A graded 70 got 10th Amend, Zoning, non-conforming use, comprehensive plan, variance, PDP, EPC, 5th Amend discussion (zero regulatory Penn Central on this graded essay) so to those worried, this one passed with 4 handwritten pages with issues many here discussed. Then Feb 2010 it was tested.

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:17 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:

My boss said that you used to be able to call in and a robot would tell you the news.

I heard that in 2,000 years, an actual robot will come and tell you the news personally. It will then either console you, or party with you.

trashpanda

Postby trashpanda » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:17 pm

gaagoots wrote:

Speaking of which. I found an old Flemings graded essay book. Just to show how rare they test the takings clause, it was tested in 90 (very brief issue) 1992 very similar to ours, kicking myself missing comprehensive plan. A graded 70 got 10th Amend, Zoning, non-conforming use, comprehensive plan, variance, PDP, EPC, 5th Amend discussion (zero regulatory Penn Central on this graded essay) so to those worried, this one passed with 4 handwritten pages with issues many here discussed. Then Feb 2010 it was tested.

Welp, the next 5 hours and 43 minutes just got that much more agonizing.

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:18 pm

gaagoots wrote:

5th amendment???

sopranorleone

Postby sopranorleone » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:19 pm

trashpanda wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

Lol, I only did SDP and PDP.

petsoundspop

Postby petsoundspop » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:19 pm

I went to law school in MA and a lot of my classmates sat for the Mass bar. I don't know if they changed it, but used to be via mail only so some people got their results one day, while others would have to wait depending on location/post office. Every day I'd see different Facebook updates. That seems cruel.

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:23 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

5th amendment???

Yeah taking without just compensation. I'm typing this all on my iPad so didn't describe with particularity :roll:

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:34 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:

I heard that in 2,000 years, an actual robot will come and tell you the news personally. It will then either console you, or party with you.

I hope they tailor the futuristic robots based on gender and orientation, and in 2,000 years no one will know what "genderfluidity" is.

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:35 pm

petsoundspop wrote:

I went to law school in MA and a lot of my classmates sat for the Mass bar. I don't know if they changed it, but used to be via mail only so some people got their results one day, while others would have to wait depending on location/post office. Every day I'd see different Facebook updates. That seems cruel.

Amazing

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:48 pm

sopranorleone wrote:
trashpanda wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

Man I was super prepared on all things Constitutional Law and I cannot imagine having f*cked up an essay more. Pretty sure I discussed none of those other than quick comments about variance, pdp and epc... and I made my whole essay bout Penn Central. 10th amendment duh omg.

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:
sopranorleone wrote:
trashpanda wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

Man I was super prepared on all things Constitutional Law and I cannot imagine having f*cked up an essay more. Pretty sure I discussed none of those other than quick comments about variance, pdp and epc... and I made my whole essay bout Penn Central. 10th amendment duh omg.

July needed Penn Central..you are fine, you did good. We need to start a drinking game. I'm starting around 3 or 4.

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:08 pm

gaagoots wrote:
July needed Penn Central..you are fine, you did good. We need to start a drinking game. I'm starting around 3 or 4.

I'm in! Even if I"m not posting I am drinking with you in spirit. :D

I will begin imbibing around 4. Good times.

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:10 pm

gaagoots wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

5th amendment???

Yeah taking without just compensation. I'm typing this all on my iPad so didn't describe with particularity :roll:

Oh ok, yeah I went into depth on that, I just forgot it was the 5th amendment. Everyone knows that 5th is Miranda, why do they have to throw freaking takings in the same amendment. I got so many amendments, but all I plead is the fif'.

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:12 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

I'm in! Even if I"m not posting I am drinking with you in spirit. :D

I will begin imbibing around 4. Good times.

How about when Male Human posts we drink? The only beer I drink is sold in Canada, I may check the local Bev Mo or get something stronger whoo hoo!

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:14 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

5th amendment???

Oh ok, yeah I went into depth on that, I just forgot it was the 5th amendment. Everyone knows that 5th is Miranda, why do they have to throw freaking takings in the same amendment. I got so many amendments, but all I plead is the fif'.

Why are you guys doing this to yourselves...Stop talking about essays 5 hours before, grab a drink, and try to relax with spirits and in spirit with gaagoots ;)

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:14 pm

The fifth amendment is bullshit, I always forget which others are incorporated through the fifth vs. the fourteenth and I hate that they bother making you know that.

I had a particular problem with issue-spotting con law questions and really drilled into my head not to forget 10th amendment on state law issues. FML

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”