July 2015 California Bar Exam

Zaizei

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Zaizei » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:26 am

fear_no_evil wrote:
Zaizei wrote:24 hours...

17 hours now... Will it go faster if I keep staring at the countdown? Ahh! guess I should go to bed.... after one more drink :lol:

10:26 am here... There's no sleep for me until I know if I passed or not :|

westcoveredwars

Postby westcoveredwars » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:08 am

I've lurked forever, but never posted. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone (myself included)

I'll be playing Fallout 4 until the sun comes up because sleep doesn't seem to be in the cards for me tonight. :|

why8434

Postby why8434 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:47 am

westcoveredwars wrote:I've lurked forever, but never posted. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone (myself included)

I'll be playing Fallout 4 until the sun comes up because sleep doesn't seem to be in the cards for me tonight. :|

do you not believe in Our Booze and Savior?

MC_ClapYourHands

Postby MC_ClapYourHands » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:36 am

12 hours

Zaizei

Postby Zaizei » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:41 am

MC_ClapYourHands wrote:12 hours

:|

zot1

Postby zot1 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:21 am

Good luck, everyone! I have you in my thoughts.

Worker and Parasite

Postby Worker and Parasite » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 am

I want to vomit in terror

petsoundspop

Postby petsoundspop » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:46 am

Worker and Parasite wrote:I want to vomit in terror

Second that! Honestly don't know what to do if I fail. Trying not to think like that but it's really hard not to. Didn't even realize I missed that watered stock issue until reading it just now. Oh well. :cry:

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:18 am

Dreamt I failed.

It was all a dream.

kellyfrost

Postby kellyfrost » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 am

Good Luck CA Bar Exam Takers!! I am hoping and praying for good news for each and every one of you.

I had a relative who used to practice in California. He took and passed the California exam years ago, but was working at a firm while waiting for his results. The day the results came out, everyone in his firm went to an early happy hour and had a few drinks, then the 3-4 associate attorneys who were waiting on their results went back to the office to check their results once they came out. The deal was, if you passed the exam, you came back to the bar and drink and partied with everyone. If you didn't pass, you didn't come back to the bar (I'm sure you could have still come but why would you want to?).

Is anyone doing this type of routine this time around? Luckily for me, I was sitting in my office all by myself in a state where the results are posted online in the morning. Because, I wouldn't have been going back to the bar after my first results came back. Moral of the story, if you don't pass, you've got to keep your head up and fight through a difficult time because once you do pass, the feeling is SO WORTH THE WORK AND STRUGGLE.

P.S. My personal advice: pass or fail -- still booze. ("Win or lose, we still booze").

MC_ClapYourHands

Postby MC_ClapYourHands » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:19 pm

In case anyone needs a laugh. I blanked on the case name during that crim pro question and I could only remember that it was a hispanic name. Hence, some grader had to determine whether I got any points for Jimenez v Florida. I guess we will find out shortly, hahaha.

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:27 pm

kellyfrost wrote:Good Luck CA Bar Exam Takers!! I am hoping and praying for good news for each and every one of you.

I had a relative who used to practice in California. He took and passed the California exam years ago, but was working at a firm while waiting for his results. The day the results came out, everyone in his firm went to an early happy hour and had a few drinks, then the 3-4 associate attorneys who were waiting on their results went back to the office to check their results once they came out. The deal was, if you passed the exam, you came back to the bar and drink and partied with everyone. If you didn't pass, you didn't come back to the bar (I'm sure you could have still come but why would you want to?).

Is anyone doing this type of routine this time around? Luckily for me, I was sitting in my office all by myself in a state where the results are posted online in the morning. Because, I wouldn't have been going back to the bar after my first results came back. Moral of the story, if you don't pass, you've got to keep your head up and fight through a difficult time because once you do pass, the feeling is SO WORTH THE WORK AND STRUGGLE.

P.S. My personal advice: pass or fail -- still booze. ("Win or lose, we still booze").

My firm just assumes everyone passes and doesn't make a big deal of it, which is a bit nerve-racking. I'm reverting to my 8-year old self and and closing my office door at 4, ordering a pizza, and playing my old school gameboy until 6. I watched all those YouTube videos of people looking up the bar results around a large group of people. That is not me. I want to be secluded and alone for this.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:37 pm

kellyfrost wrote:P.S. My personal advice: pass or fail -- still booze. ("Win or lose, we still booze").

I will be boozing one way or the other.

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:40 pm

MarcZero wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:Good Luck CA Bar Exam Takers!! I am hoping and praying for good news for each and every one of you.

My firm just assumes everyone passes and doesn't make a big deal of it, which is a bit nerve-racking. I'm reverting to my 8-year old self and and closing my office door at 4, ordering a pizza, and playing my old school gameboy until 6. I watched all those YouTube videos of people looking up the bar results around a large group of people. That is not me. I want to be secluded and alone for this.

Yeah I don't get those people that surround themselves with loved ones to get the results. That's too much drama for me. If I felt super pessimistic just WHY would I want everyone to experience that failure with me?! And if I felt super duper confident... well, anyone who feels THAT confident about the CA bar is delusional because it's so subjective and so many highly accomplished people fail... but anyway if you felt that way, it seems a little braggadocio or something to me. Like during Barbri one of the instructors talked about how she had her parents on speaker and her friends around her and I was like "yes we get it you're super confident that you passed obviously good for you! Must be nice."

Stanislas

Postby Stanislas » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

Yeah I don't get those people that surround themselves with loved ones to get the results. That's too much drama for me. If I felt super pessimistic just WHY would I want everyone to experience that failure with me?! And if I felt super duper confident... well, anyone who feels THAT confident about the CA bar is delusional because it's so subjective and so many highly accomplished people fail... but anyway if you felt that way, it seems a little braggadocio or something to me. Like during Barbri one of the instructors talked about how she had her parents on speaker and her friends around her and I was like "yes we get it you're super confident that you passed obviously good for you! Must be nice."

I think it's possible for some people to be confident of passing without being "delusional," but I do agree that it's in poor taste to invite over a bunch of people to watch you learn that you passed. (Yet for better or worse, good taste and discretion are not among the requirements for admission to the bar.)

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Stanislas wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

I think it's possible for some people to be confident of passing without being "delusional," but I do agree that it's in poor taste to invite over a bunch of people to watch you learn that you passed. (Yet for better or worse, good taste and discretion are not among the requirements for admission to the bar.)

I think I just completely fail to relate to feeling super confident about passing! I am totally jealous that some would genuinely feel that way. But yes even if you do and it is genuine and not delusional, it does strike me as kinda distasteful given how notoriously difficult it is for the majority of people. But whatever, you do you.

One law school acquaintance boasted on facebook after each bar he passed (four). Like, "three down one to go, bewm! #barsareeasy" or some shit. Must be nice.

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:59 pm

"So did you pass?"

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:One law school acquaintance boasted on facebook after each bar he passed (four). Like, "three down one to go, bewm! #barsareeasy" or some shit. Must be nice.

Was this guy a gunner or just a boastful fucktwit? Fucking, gunners...

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Incapable of doing any work today.

Stanislas

Postby Stanislas » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:
Stanislas wrote:

I think I just completely fail to relate to feeling super confident about passing! I am totally jealous that some would genuinely feel that way. But yes even if you do and it is genuine and not delusional, it does strike me as kinda distasteful given how notoriously difficult it is for the majority of people. But whatever, you do you.

One law school acquaintance boasted on facebook after each bar he passed (four). Like, "three down one to go, bewm! #barsareeasy" or some shit. Must be nice.

Couldn't agree more, and that guy sounds unbearable. The fact he feels compelled to brag means he's insecure about it. (Imagine someone posted, "Just graduated college in four years! #nailedit".) But more than anything else, just block him (assuming that's a thing) on Facebook and move on. Living well is the best revenge!

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:16 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:One law school acquaintance boasted on facebook after each bar he passed (four). Like, "three down one to go, bewm! #barsareeasy" or some shit. Must be nice.

Was this guy a gunner or just a boastful fucktwit? Fucking, gunners...

He was not a gunner, he was a jersey shore reject med school dropout obsessed with being a professional in order to brag and make money only.

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:21 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:Incapable of doing any work today.

Same. It's a slow day at work thankfully. I'm leaving early to get a drink and walk around my city alone before results. I know what I have to do if I fail and I just want this purgatory to be over. But God how nice it would be to pass and finally, officially, be a lawyer instead of a "recent law grad working on passing the bar" at cocktail parties. :P

I just want to say thank you to the other contributors to this forum and this thread specifically for creating the only outlet I have that understands the mind fuck of this test. Y'all are humorous and honest without being nasty and I appreciate that. Best of luck to all the posters and the lurkers.

melissaraffalow

Postby melissaraffalow » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:29 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:Dreamt I failed.

It was all a dream.

I used to read word up magazine

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:30 pm

I drafted a Buzzfeed article to entertain (and hopefully lead to "edutainment" to) those who will have not passed.

Are you guys interested in taking a look to make sure it's not in poor taste toward people who will see this on or after Saturday morning?

melissaraffalow

Postby melissaraffalow » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm turning off my phone at 5:45 so I don't have to deal with all of the "DID YOU PASS?!" texts and calls. #WAITUNTILSUNDAYLIKEEVERYONEELSE

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”