July 2015 California Bar Exam

Zaizei

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Zaizei » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:47 pm

mosquito wrote:
Zaizei wrote:
a male human wrote:
Zaizei wrote:
a male human wrote:What if they sent out an email saying the results are delayed by another week :lol: :twisted:

I will kill them all! No, actually I will hire someone to kill them, since I'm in Spain at the moment :twisted:

Ay dios, you getting ready to party??

Hahaha not yet! I actually live here, I find it pretty boring compared to L.A. 8)

Hi, I'm also in Spain now. I am in Barcelona! :D

Are you from Spain or just visiting? Either way we are in opposite sides of Spain haha

mosquito

Postby mosquito » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Zaizei wrote:
mosquito wrote:
Zaizei wrote:
a male human wrote:
Zaizei wrote:
a male human wrote:What if they sent out an email saying the results are delayed by another week :lol: :twisted:

I will kill them all! No, actually I will hire someone to kill them, since I'm in Spain at the moment :twisted:

Hahaha not yet! I actually live here, I find it pretty boring compared to L.A. 8)

Hi, I'm also in Spain now. I am in Barcelona! :D

Are you from Spain or just visiting? Either way we are in opposite sides of Spain haha

I am not from Spain but I will live in Barcelona until the end of this year 8)

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Zaizei wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
Zaizei wrote:
a male human wrote:
Zaizei wrote:

What part of Spain?

In the south :)

Ah, ya. I was in south eastern Spain for nearly 3 weeks sometime back. I could see how it could be boring if you were there for an extended period of time.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:08 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:Don't know how I ended up on this page (http://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/Examina ... rader.aspx) but I thought it was interesting. They got paid per essay graded?! That's why they stress formatting so much in bar prep. They don't even read every effin thing

They'll read it anywhere and everywhere, including the toilet, at the stop light, etc.

If you get back your answers, beware of shit particles flying at your face as you open the booklets. Then again if you're getting them back the grader probably had to deal with shit flying at his/her face

Zaizei

Postby Zaizei » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:33 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
Zaizei wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
Zaizei wrote:
a male human wrote:
Zaizei wrote:

What part of Spain?

In the south :)

Ah, ya. I was in south eastern Spain for nearly 3 weeks sometime back. I could see how it could be boring if you were there for an extended period of time.

Really? What city/cities?

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Zaizei wrote:Really? What city/cities?

All over the coast (i.e. Alicante and smaller cities) and a bit inland some (Novelda). My friend's parents had a place in the Alicante province that we stayed. Non-stop partying and, quite honestly, I don't recall much--other than it was warm and wondering home one night through an orange grove.

Zaizei

Postby Zaizei » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:49 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
Zaizei wrote:Really? What city/cities?

All over the coast (i.e. Alicante and smaller cities) and a bit inland some (Novelda). My friend's parents had a place in the Alicante province that we stayed. Non-stop partying and, quite honestly, I don't recall much--other than it was warm and wondering home one night through an orange grove.

I've never been in Alicante. Here in Cadiz is boring as hell... I find that California offers waaaaay more fun stuff. Hopefully if I pass I will be moving shortly :wink:

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:01 pm

kjartan wrote:
a male human wrote:This wouldn't be a problem if those assholes released results a bit earlier. I don't know of any other exams that take 4 months to release results.

Everything about the process is incredibly frustrating. It's completely out of touch with the economic reality facing today's law school graduates. I also don't see the need for the exam to begin with, if law school accreditation were well-regulated. Like, I thought really hard about it and I honestly don't know a single person from my graduating class who isn't competent to practice law.

Yeah this is a total can of worms but I can't help but comment to agree. Like, in Wisconsin where in-state law grads do not have to take a bar, are they shown to be less competent? I highly HIGHLY doubt it. The bar is a *hazing*, especially in California. The time to weed out truly unfit people for a profession is prior to them investing several hundred thousand dollars, non? But yeah I guess I already know why they don't do that!

And think about it- if people can pay thousands in tutors and then pass on their 20th try, what is this test really measuring? In my experience if you've graduated from a semi-decent law school you are equipped enough to start practicing, especially under supervision. The law tested on the CA bar isn't even real law, it's a hybrid beast of common law theories and outdated CA rules.

I don't know a whole lot about the AMA but as far as admissions standards I appreciate that they limit med schools admittees rather than lower the boom after they've already invested time and energy and then refuse them entry to the profession.

(My opinions on all of this will be so much more credible once I pass and it's not just sour grapes. :D )

injun

Postby injun » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Took a quick peek at my previous MBE scores and, in each administration, my scores went up about 1 point. For 2/14, i used Barbri exclusively and got approximately a 135 scaled score. For 7/14, I used a combination of Barbri and Kaplan and got a 136. For 2/15, I used Adaptibar exclusively and got a 137. This time around, I used Adaptibar again. Although my percentages were much higher this time around, I wasn't sure whether this was due to the fact that I subconsciously knew the answer or whether I was actually getting better. I did not recognize many questions, although there were a few that I did remember. Has anyone had a similar experience? Did anyone use Adaptibar again and make a bigger jump?

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Is anyone planning to use the NCBE's score services to get an general idea of your MBE (should When you pass)?

tmanix

Postby tmanix » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Passage rates down ton 39%?! WTF? http://all4jds.com/forums/aft/25153

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:36 pm

tmanix wrote:Passage rates down ton 39%?! WTF? http://all4jds.com/forums/aft/25153

I think he's referring to the Feb. 2015 pass rate, no? We don't have an official pass rate yet published anywhere that I know of.

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:39 pm

MarcZero wrote:
tmanix wrote:Passage rates down ton 39%?! WTF? http://all4jds.com/forums/aft/25153

I think he's referring to the Feb. 2015 pass rate, no? We don't have an official pass rate yet published anywhere that I know of.

yeah, 39.5% pass rate for Feb 2015

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:40 pm

MarcZero wrote:

Yes 2/15 was 39.5% (http://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/Portals ... TATS_R.pdf)

WE'RE OK PEEPS

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:47 pm

kjartan wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

yeah, 39.5% pass rate for Feb 2015

Why the fuck must you try and give me a heart attack

lastbarplease

Postby lastbarplease » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Not to be a psycho, but everyone's says this:

CALIFORNIA BAR EXAMINATION

Admission requirement: Pass the California Bar Examination
Applicant status: Requirement not satisfied

Last exam applied for: July 2015
Application status: Application approved, 6/17/2015
Eligibility status: Eligible for 3-day General Bar Examination

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:58 pm

lastbarplease wrote:Not to be a psycho, but everyone's says this:

a male human wrote:
tmanix wrote:Is it weird that the state bar website lets me register for the Feb 2016 bar exam?

Nah, that happens to some people for whatever reason. It doesn't indicate anything.

There is no known way to legitimately find out your results ahead of time.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:05 pm

lol yup

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:07 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:

lol yup

Weird, mine says requirement satisfied :roll:

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:08 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:

lol yup

needaday

Postby needaday » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:03 pm

why did i think that trying to do the bare minimum was a good idea? even if there is a miracle and i pass, it isn't worth all of the stress during the wait. what an idiot.

edit: and why didnt i prepare for the PTs? you get 65/70 on those and you are pretty much guaranteed to pass the written...

Clark Griswold

Postby Clark Griswold » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:13 pm

needaday wrote:why did i think that trying to do the bare minimum was a good idea? even if there is a miracle and i pass, it isn't worth all of the stress during the wait. what an idiot.

edit: and why didnt i prepare for the PTs? you get 65/70 on those and you are pretty much guaranteed to pass the written...

I feel like I did more than the bare minimum and I still feel like it wasn't enough. The stress exists regardless haha.

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:14 pm

a male human wrote:

a male human wrote:
tmanix wrote:Is it weird that the state bar website lets me register for the Feb 2016 bar exam?

Nah, that happens to some people for whatever reason. It doesn't indicate anything.

There is no known way to legitimately find out your results ahead of time.

I don't think that even changes once you pass, I think it changes once you are sworn in.

Raiden

Postby Raiden » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Speaking of which, what's the process of getting sworn in? I think you have to find a judge or something, I also presume you print out some form for them to sign.

BrokenMouse
im above average FICO buddy

Postby BrokenMouse » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”