July 2015 California Bar Exam

mike.alexander23

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:23 pm

storge wrote:
a male human wrote:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26461244 (a study I was a subject in)

"Participants who suffered through a waiting period marked by anxiety, rumination, and pessimism responded more productively to bad news and more joyfully to good news, as compared with participants who suffered little during the wait. These findings substantiate the difficulty of enduring a stressful waiting period but suggest that this difficulty may pay off once the news arrives."

Worrying is good, guys!

On a similar note...
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/20 ... /?referer=

The Puttermans were in my section at Chapman before I transferred out. Yay friends!

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:24 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
MailboxCrusher wrote:In anonymous?

no, in Anonymous.

You know...the hacker group that will single handedly take down ISIS.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:24 pm

You should have asked for the hacking a while ago

Raiden

Postby Raiden » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:26 pm

BlahBlah00 wrote:Not sure if anyone else checked the bar website, despite knowing results come out tomorrow. But I did, and it had the search function for applicant ID and File Number, allowing a search. I searched mine, and I received an ominous red paragraph saying I was not on the pass list. So I panicked, and researched, same thing. Panicked and re-searched, now no paragraph, just a alphabetized search list for the Feb 2014 (or 2015, can't remember). Couldn't get back to the page with the search function. Finally, after repeating this like 9 times, it went back to the usual disclaimer, i.e. "Results will be available in 1 day."

I'm screwed.

It could have been that summary application page, where it talks about the things you haven't done yet to be admitted. I remember mine being red too, that the Bar exam requirement hasn't been satisfied or something. It could have been that.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:26 pm

a male human wrote:You should have asked for the hacking a while ago

I'm not asking for anything. I'm maintaining by plausible deniability :wink:

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:27 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:

no, in Anonymous.

And with that keyword, this forum is officially being tracked by the CIA.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Obama
ISIS
Anonymous
Hillary Clinton
Hilary Clinton

BlahBlah00

Postby BlahBlah00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Raiden wrote:
BlahBlah00 wrote:Not sure if anyone else checked the bar website, despite knowing results come out tomorrow. But I did, and it had the search function for applicant ID and File Number, allowing a search. I searched mine, and I received an ominous red paragraph saying I was not on the pass list. So I panicked, and researched, same thing. Panicked and re-searched, now no paragraph, just a alphabetized search list for the Feb 2014 (or 2015, can't remember). Couldn't get back to the page with the search function. Finally, after repeating this like 9 times, it went back to the usual disclaimer, i.e. "Results will be available in 1 day."

I'm screwed.

It could have been that summary application page, where it talks about the things you haven't done yet to be admitted. I remember mine being red too, that the Bar exam requirement hasn't been satisfied or something. It could have been that.

Unfortunately I'm all too familiar with that page. This was a red paragraph (unlike that sentence in the requirements page), and it stood alone where the search function previously was, while still above the reminder of when results would be public.

BlahBlah00

Postby BlahBlah00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Not to mention it had me enter my applicant ID.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:32 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:

no, in Anonymous.

And with that keyword, this forum is officially being tracked by the CIA.

They've been here for a while

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:35 pm

BlahBlah00 wrote:
Raiden wrote:

I'm screwed.

Unfortunately I'm all too familiar with that page. This was a red paragraph (unlike that sentence in the requirements page), and it stood alone where the search function previously was, while still above the reminder of when results would be public.

This is so weird. I want to tell you not to worry, but if it were me I wouldn't believe that. However, I'm not sure there is much else to do. I believe both possibilities that it could just be a glitch and you got access early or it means nothing and you just got to a generic fail page. I'm obviously hoping for the latter.

What time did you do this at?

BlahBlah00

Postby BlahBlah00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:38 pm

about 7am

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Yo so I just went to that screen where you check your scores and it let me put in my number and once I did, a YouTube video appeared and it was my proctor, and she told me that I should not have brought my PDA and swimming cap into the exam room and because of that I got a chapter 6 notice and failed. She then laughed and faded off the screen, then I saw a picture of the guy with the glasses from Nickelodeon "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" for like a split second, and now when I go back it just gives me the regular screen.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:43 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:Yo so I just went to that screen where you check your scores and it let me put in my number and once I did, a YouTube video appeared and it was my proctor, and she told me that I should not have brought my PDA and swimming cap into the exam room and because of that I got a chapter 6 notice and failed. She then laughed and faded off the screen, then I saw a picture of the guy with the glasses from Nickelodeon "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" for like a split second, and now when I go back it just gives me the regular screen.

same

BlahBlah00

Postby BlahBlah00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:47 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
BlahBlah00 wrote:
Raiden wrote:

I'm screwed.

This is so weird. I want to tell you not to worry, but if it were me I wouldn't believe that. However, I'm not sure there is much else to do. I believe both possibilities that it could just be a glitch and you got access early or it means nothing and you just got to a generic fail page. I'm obviously hoping for the latter.

7am.

I'm wondering what the fail screen looks like? Are there any examples of it? Mine was a paragraph that didn't mention my name.

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm screwed.

Holy paranoid moley. You need to lock yourself in somewhere with a bottle of Jim Beam and no access to internet for the next 30 hours. Nobody is going to know if they passed until 6pm tomorrow. Chill comrade! :P

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:54 pm

This wouldn't be a problem if those assholes released results a bit earlier. I don't know of any other exams that take 4 months to release results.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:03 pm

a male human wrote:This wouldn't be a problem if those assholes released results a bit earlier. I don't know of any other exams that take 4 months to release results.

It's strategic though. They're released on a Friday, one hour after offices close, and a week before Thanksgiving so most CA Bar employees are leaving town. The perfect burn the village and abandon strategy.

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:15 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
BlahBlah00 wrote:
Raiden wrote:

I'm screwed.

We'd all worry if it happened to us, but the clear-eyed wisdom is don't trust a glitch. There are just too many explanations for the search returning a red paragraph that have nothing to do with failing.

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:16 pm

If you had a choice - 1. You pass and everyone else that has posted on this forum fails or 2. You fail and everyone else that has posted on this forum passes, which would you take?

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:19 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:If you had a choice - 1. You pass and everyone else that has posted on this forum fails or 2. You fail and everyone else that has posted on this forum passes, which would you take?

That I pass. Sorry, kids (mouths to feed) ;)

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:34 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:If you had a choice - 1. You pass and everyone else that has posted on this forum fails or 2. You fail and everyone else that has posted on this forum passes, which would you take?

Easiest multiple choice question I've done all summer.

ilovetheatre

Postby ilovetheatre » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:39 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:

Easiest multiple choice question I've done all summer.

What if we make it a game?

If more people choose 2 than 1, everyone on TLS passes.
    If more people choose 1 than 2, no one TLS passes.
    If the numbers are equal, then those who chose 1 pass, and those who chose 2 do not.

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:42 pm

a male human wrote:This wouldn't be a problem if those assholes released results a bit earlier. I don't know of any other exams that take 4 months to release results.

Everything about the process is incredibly frustrating. It's completely out of touch with the economic reality facing today's law school graduates. I also don't see the need for the exam to begin with, if law school accreditation were well-regulated. Like, I thought really hard about it and I honestly don't know a single person from my graduating class who isn't competent to practice law.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:45 pm

ilovetheatre wrote:What if we make it a game?

If more people choose 2 than 1, everyone on TLS passes.
    If more people choose 1 than 2, no one TLS passes.
    If the numbers are equal, then those who chose 1 pass, and those who chose 2 do not.

This reminds me of some weird extra credit question some psychology professor did, but with a catch 22. You could still select #1 and pass, so long as not more than 10% selected #1. But, if more than 10% select #1, nobody passes at all.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”