July 2015 California Bar Exam

mike.alexander23

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby mike.alexander23 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Longer day...tomorrow or Friday?

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:36 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:Longer day...tomorrow or Friday?

Depends on Friday alcohol consumption

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:32 pm

My sister used her numerology app for Friday.

" Best news from a long term struggle reaches its pinnical today, indeed today is a celebration. Help from an unexpected source offers a business proposition that you should take time before reply, confidence and independence are high. Romance has been shelved for the month"

I will be as sad as Charlie Bucket if my Wonka Bar doesn't have a golden ticket this time around. Someone will have to sing "Cheer up Charlie" to me if I don't pass. Male Human how's your singing voice?

fear_no_evil

Postby fear_no_evil » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:05 am

injun wrote:This wait has been especially brutal for me. This is my 4th attempt (i've taken both Feb and July administrations in '14 and '15). I made small improvements each time:
2/14 -> 1284
7/14-> 1315
2/15-> 1340

Are there any repeaters out there that made a huge leap in score (i.e., 100+)? I went from 50s/55s in July '14 to 55s/60s in Feb '15. I made some more adjustments to the way I analyzed the elements of the rules I stated for questions, but I think I really goofed hard on Q5 and Q6 this year. Here's to hoping that I'm on the pass list this time! Best of luck to you guys

First time poster, long time lurker. Decided to post because we are in a similar situation. I am a fourth time repeater. I made a 100 point leap on my third attempt.

7/2012- 1304
2/2013- 1298 (new job, didn't study)
2/2015- 1403

This time I made a few tweaks to my PT approach with the help from some of the posts on this site. Hopefully I passed. :?

ilovetheatre

Postby ilovetheatre » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:57 am

Time has moved so fucking slowly this week.

42hrs 2min 15secs

tmanix

Postby tmanix » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:23 am

ilovetheatre wrote:Time has moved so fucking slowly this week.

42hrs 2min 15secs

ikr

BlahBlah00

Postby BlahBlah00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:07 am

Not sure if anyone else checked the bar website, despite knowing results come out tomorrow. But I did, and it had the search function for applicant ID and File Number, allowing a search. I searched mine, and I received an ominous red paragraph saying I was not on the pass list. So I panicked, and researched, same thing. Panicked and re-searched, now no paragraph, just a alphabetized search list for the Feb 2014 (or 2015, can't remember). Couldn't get back to the page with the search function. Finally, after repeating this like 9 times, it went back to the usual disclaimer, i.e. "Results will be available in 1 day."

I'm screwed.

tmanix

Postby tmanix » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:37 am

BlahBlah00 wrote:Not sure if anyone else checked the bar website, despite knowing results come out tomorrow. But I did, and it had the search function for applicant ID and File Number, allowing a search. I searched mine, and I received an ominous red paragraph saying I was not on the pass list. So I panicked, and researched, same thing. Panicked and re-searched, now no paragraph, just a alphabetized search list for the Feb 2014 (or 2015, can't remember). Couldn't get back to the page with the search function. Finally, after repeating this like 9 times, it went back to the usual disclaimer, i.e. "Results will be available in 1 day."

I'm screwed.

First off, don't panic. Results come out tomorrow and not today. To paraphrase a very wise person: there's no known legitimate way of checking results beforehand.
That said, link please!!!

BlahBlah00

Postby BlahBlah00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:44 am

Same link as always: http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/

odd.gold

Postby odd.gold » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:21 pm

So I'm a foreign trained attorney who took the CA bar for the first time this last July. It took me 4 months of 15hr per day of continuous study; took barbri and completed 100% of their personal study assignments. I also supplemented my studies with Fleming's performance exam seminar or whatever. My biggest mistake was not subscribing to adaptibar or to any exam-like/real MBE questions provider. I have no clue what did I do in the MBE but session 1 was just bad and I had to mark the last five questions before the proctor called time. I scored 149 in barbri MBE and was averaging about 75% on the practice questions but none of those questions were like the real thing. I also took the MPRE this August and passed with a scaled score of 126.

Day 1 was just okay I guess; did amazingly great on all three essays and the PTA-A was just fine. Day 2 was bad; I literally felt sick after I got off the second session because I was guessing on a fair share of the questions! Day 3; essay #4 cp hit all the major issues and small issues; i would surprised if I didn't get +75 on this one. Essay#5 didn't mention anything about the watered stock that was issued to pay for whomever wages despite me first spotting the issue and putting it into the outline but I guess under pressure, I just forgot. Essay#6 I blew it, didn't mention taking for subpart A, discussed some sdp and pdp s***, didn't mention variance or anything of the sort. PTA-B was okay.

I've kept myself busy those past four months and worked two full time jobs (obviously not law related) and will work my ass off tomorrow until the hour comes to 6 :mrgreen:

Do you guys think that I would have any chance of getting a job if I passed, what are some of the sources I can employ to enhance my chances taking into account that most of the hiring happens during Law school in the US?

What if I didn't pass, I don't think I'm going to be able to pull myself together and be able to study 15hr a day for the next three months and then wait anxiously for another four months? Repeaters: can you share your stories, how did you get over the ominous phrase "this name doesn't appear on the pass list"?

I'm trying to prepare for the worst while we wait for 33 hours, 39 minutes to pass!!!

needaday

Postby needaday » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:12 pm

tmanix wrote:
BlahBlah00 wrote:Not sure if anyone else checked the bar website, despite knowing results come out tomorrow. But I did, and it had the search function for applicant ID and File Number, allowing a search. I searched mine, and I received an ominous red paragraph saying I was not on the pass list. So I panicked, and researched, same thing. Panicked and re-searched, now no paragraph, just a alphabetized search list for the Feb 2014 (or 2015, can't remember). Couldn't get back to the page with the search function. Finally, after repeating this like 9 times, it went back to the usual disclaimer, i.e. "Results will be available in 1 day."

I'm screwed.

First off, don't panic. Results come out tomorrow and not today. To paraphrase a very wise person: there's no known legitimate way of checking results beforehand.
That said, link please!!!

yeah..unless the actual list is leaked, there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing beforehand. when you checked, they may have been setting up the search function and hadn't yet populated the database with passing names. who knows? i'd imagine you'd still be going crazy if the search resulted in green text. the wait is almost over.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm screwed.

I wouldn't think anything of it. Just wait until tomorrow. It sounds like some sort of glitch or test they implemented before tomorrow.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:18 pm

odd.gold wrote:So I'm a foreign trained attorney who took the CA bar for the first time this last July. It took me 4 months of 15hr per day of continuous study; took barbri and completed 100% of their personal study assignments. I also supplemented my studies with Fleming's performance exam seminar or whatever. My biggest mistake was not subscribing to adaptibar or to any exam-like/real MBE questions provider. I have no clue what did I do in the MBE but session 1 was just bad and I had to mark the last five questions before the proctor called time. I scored 149 in barbri MBE and was averaging about 75% on the practice questions but none of those questions were like the real thing. I also took the MPRE this August and passed with a scaled score of 126.

Day 1 was just okay I guess; did amazingly great on all three essays and the PTA-A was just fine. Day 2 was bad; I literally felt sick after I got off the second session because I was guessing on a fair share of the questions! Day 3; essay #4 cp hit all the major issues and small issues; i would surprised if I didn't get +75 on this one. Essay#5 didn't mention anything about the watered stock that was issued to pay for whomever wages despite me first spotting the issue and putting it into the outline but I guess under pressure, I just forgot. Essay#6 I blew it, didn't mention taking for subpart A, discussed some sdp and pdp s***, didn't mention variance or anything of the sort. PTA-B was okay.

I've kept myself busy those past four months and worked two full time jobs (obviously not law related) and will work my ass off tomorrow until the hour comes to 6 :mrgreen:

Do you guys think that I would have any chance of getting a job if I passed, what are some of the sources I can employ to enhance my chances taking into account that most of the hiring happens during Law school in the US?

What if I didn't pass, I don't think I'm going to be able to pull myself together and be able to study 15hr a day for the next three months and then wait anxiously for another four months? Repeaters: can you share your stories, how did you get over the ominous phrase "this name doesn't appear on the pass list"?

I'm trying to prepare for the worst while we wait for 33 hours, 39 minutes to pass!!!

odd.gold, I'm sure repeaters including myself will be happy to share their story and strategies, but let's see what happens first after you endure the anxiety for a bit longer. I don't think it will help anyone to talk about how to get over the failure and how study for the next bar right now. But after Friday, you can count on seeing so much of me that you'll get sick of it.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:36 pm

I'm screwed.

You know, this is would have been a perfect time to utilize that cool function on your phone where you can take photos? It's a neat tool.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:38 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:You know, this is would have been a perfect time to utilize that cool function on your phone where you can take photos? It's a neat tool.

What is this witchcraft you speak of?!

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:40 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:

I'm screwed.

You know, this is would have been a perfect time to utilize that cool function on your phone where you can take photos? It's a neat tool.

Wait, you can do that? Where would you put the film tho?

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:42 pm

You guys must not have the iPhone 7s+/-, yet. Suckers.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Heh you can't beat the million pixels I can pack into this Motorola

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:55 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:You guys must not have the iPhone 7s+/-, yet. Suckers.

I have the 8, but Apple went all retrosexual with the design and functionality. Functions and looks like a Nokia 5510. Pretty dope and definitely a conversation starter

tmanix

Postby tmanix » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:57 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:You guys must not have the iPhone 7s+/-, yet. Suckers.

Nothing beats my phone. It sure takes photographs too: http://www.theoldtelephone.co.uk/images ... g_left.jpg

BlahBlah00

Postby BlahBlah00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:08 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:

I'm screwed.

So right: the first thing I thought was "I need to get a screen shot of this", not, "refresh the page and make sure."

storge

Postby storge » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:09 pm

a male human wrote:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26461244 (a study I was a subject in)

"Participants who suffered through a waiting period marked by anxiety, rumination, and pessimism responded more productively to bad news and more joyfully to good news, as compared with participants who suffered little during the wait. These findings substantiate the difficulty of enduring a stressful waiting period but suggest that this difficulty may pay off once the news arrives."

Worrying is good, guys!

On a similar note...
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/20 ... /?referer=

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Yo does anyone know anyone in Anonymous by any chance?

MailboxCrusher

Postby MailboxCrusher » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:21 pm

In anonymous?

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:22 pm

MailboxCrusher wrote:In anonymous?

no, in Anonymous.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”