July 2015 California Bar Exam

BuenAbogado

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby BuenAbogado » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:04 pm

What is something messed up you would do or go through in order to be guaranteed a passing score?

I would allow someone to break my pinky toe, although I've never broken a bone before, so that may be why.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:12 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:What is something messed up you would do or go through in order to be guaranteed a passing score?

I would allow someone to break my pinky toe, although I've never broken a bone before, so that may be why.

Study a lot

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:25 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:What is something messed up you would do or go through in order to be guaranteed a passing score?

Pro Bono work for the whole month of December. Even if it involves me going out to a hearing in horrible San Bernardino County Central YUCK! I'd do it if I pass.

Loyola Trojan

Postby Loyola Trojan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:33 pm

lol

MailboxCrusher

Postby MailboxCrusher » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:35 pm

All I can think about it entering my information to get my results and either pure elation at passing or pure evil and failing and having to start the process over again. I told my family that I will either need to celebrate or time alone walking the neighborhoods inflicting pain to my fists.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:42 pm

How much would you pay to use a time machine set to travel to 5:45 PM this Friday?

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm getting anxiety just thinking about when the clock turns 5 PM. One hour left with no escape from this relentless and unbiased flow of time

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:44 pm

My hands are literally moist right now

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:46 pm

gaagoots wrote:

Pro Bono work for the whole month of December. Even if it involves me going out to a hearing in horrible San Bernardino County Central YUCK! I'd do it if I pass.

Yeah. Perhaps California can add an extra credit section. Anyone within 50 points of passing can do X amount of Pro Bono hours to pass. That will help fix the low passage rate and lack of pro bono hours we do all in one shot! (No, not really because the California Bar doesn't have a heart and would rather watch us suffer.)

The California Bar administrators probably get off from our misery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:51 pm

lol @ the idea they want more of us to pass

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:07 pm

a male human wrote:I'm getting anxiety just thinking about when the clock turns 5 PM. One hour left with no escape from this relentless and unbiased flow of time

But you've already passed. I don't get it. This is like the equivalent of someone in college getting dressed up and excited for a high school prom.

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:11 pm

MarcZero wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

Yeah. Perhaps California can add an extra credit section. Anyone within 50 points of passing can do X amount of Pro Bono hours to pass. That will help fix the low passage rate and lack of pro bono hours we do all in one shot! (No, not really because the California Bar doesn't have a heart and would rather watch us suffer.)

The California Bar administrators probably get off from our misery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

They've been knocking around the idea of a limited licensed "attorney light" for some time and haven't found a solution since many lawyers don't do the amount of pro bono work to solve the crisis. The certified law students lose their certification if they fail :-( so that doesn't work. Different courts in the state utilize the self-represented calendar and thats a circus. If they let in a set amount on the limited license theory until the June swearing in, it would provide practical training (another goal they want for 2016 for law schools) and it would clear up the mess with the non-criminal pro se litigants.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:14 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
a male human wrote:I'm getting anxiety just thinking about when the clock turns 5 PM. One hour left with no escape from this relentless and unbiased flow of time

But you've already passed. I don't get it. This is like the equivalent of someone in college getting dressed up and excited for a high school prom.

The anxiety is not as great as yours, but hanging out here gave me flashbacks to those times. I remember thinking how ashamed I'm going to be if I fail twice. Actually seeing the results (both when failed and passed) wasn't as immediately dramatic as one might think, but the anxiety leading up to it was unavoidable. I think the anxiety from the second time was worse than the disappointment from the first-time result.

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:17 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:

If he has a hot HS prom date then yeah!

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:17 pm

a male human wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:

The anxiety is not as great as yours, but hanging out here gave me flashbacks to those times. I remember thinking how ashamed I'm going to be if I fail twice. Actually seeing the results (both when failed and passed) wasn't as immediately dramatic as one might think, but the anxiety leading up to it was unavoidable. I think the anxiety from the second time was worse than the disappointment from the first-time result.

Hey, we love having you here, male human, but you presence seems to have a sadistic nature to it similar to those bar examiners. All you lawyers are the same!!!

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:19 pm

gaagoots wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:

Assumes facts not in the evidence

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:28 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:

Assumes facts not in the evidence

He said if... :roll:

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:35 pm

gaagoots wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:

I miss high school. Lmao can you believe how much of a virgin I was in high school? I went to three proms and never got any, but I was a fuckin turbo nerd and some people thought I was gay so go figure.

And now a friend is calling me a monster because I'm seeing a 23-year-old (1L student!). Can't win with these people but if you think you can entrap me with your hot underage HS agents (try to get me one with a nice booty if you can)...

mike.alexander23 wrote:
a male human wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:

Hey, we love having you here, male human, but you presence seems to have a sadistic nature to it similar to those bar examiners. All you lawyers are the same!!!

Masochist/sadist (idk the diff) because I keep reliving this nightmare (i.e., no longer a reality for me)? Am I detracting from your sacred experience here?

needaday

Postby needaday » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Stop being weird, guys...we're almost there.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Indeed, let us conduct ourselves in a most ecclesiastical fashion forthwith.

And please, no excessive noise or other strange behavior as results arrive.

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:10 pm

ilovetheatre wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
ilovetheatre wrote:
MarcZero wrote:I guess it's time to hunt down that damned card they gave us at the bar exam with our ID numbers on it.

Those numbers are also available in an email from admissions_correspondence@calbar.ca.gov with the subject "Application to take the July 2015 California Bar Examination."

I apologize if you were hoping to use the search for that plastic card as a distraction from waiting.

*Stupid Question Alert*

Applicant number = application number right? The screen asks for the applicant number and this email says application number. I find it super odd they emphasize the card so much when the same info is in an email. Who wants to keep track of some card for 5 months?

I just compared my card with the email and, yes, the App# is the applicant/application number.

Danke!

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:15 pm

My honest answer to this question would probably give you nightmares.

ilovetheatre

Postby ilovetheatre » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:28 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:Danke!

Bitte!

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:39 am

The fact that all our exams are graded and everything and are just sitting on a desk somewhere pisses me off.

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 am

mike.alexander23 wrote:The fact that all our exams are graded and everything and are just sitting on a desk somewhere pisses me off.

No the two dudes from Price Waterhouse are walking around with them in an old school Samsonite suitcase. Find them now!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”