July 2015 California Bar Exam

Stanislas

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Stanislas » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:32 am

needaday wrote:Saw that too. Stats for first year law student exam. What is that again? Any correlation to actual exam? We got time to kill...

I think it's for those attending unaccredited law schools. As for what that correlates with, I leave that as an exercise for the reader. The file is here and it is grim: https://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/Portal ... 2015_R.pdf.

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:52 am

Stanislas wrote:
needaday wrote:Saw that too. Stats for first year law student exam. What is that again? Any correlation to actual exam? We got time to kill...

I think it's for those attending unaccredited law schools. As for what that correlates with, I leave that as an exercise for the reader. The file is here and it is grim: https://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/Portal ... 2015_R.pdf.

The poor bloke from Pepperdine didn't make it, he/she wasn't a special snowflake.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:13 am

Stanislas wrote:

Or, if you just want to take it. Not sure why the fuck you'd do that to yourself, but clearly people have. Is there any other benefit??? Because it looks like 14 students took it 'because why the fuck not'.

But, to piggy back, there will likely be no relevant correlation because of the vast majority of CBX takers are ABA and CA accredited (totaling 88% last July) and not unaccredited schools for which the 1st year exam is targeted. And, of the people that took the 1st Year Student's Exam, only 5% of the 272 were ABA or CA accredited. To put that into even greater perspective, approximately 0.26% of CBX takers from an ABA or CA accredited school likely actually took the 1st Year Bar Exam.

Basically, stats from the 1st year student exam mean fuck all--IMHO

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:58 pm

JULY 2015 CA BAR EXAM RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!

On friday

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:11 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:JULY 2015 CA BAR EXAM RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!

On friday

Bar results actually did come out

in May

Zaizei

Postby Zaizei » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:12 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:JULY 2015 CA BAR EXAM RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!

On friday

:evil:

http://youtu.be/06BqehaNfYw

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:45 pm

lol this week must feel longer than the previous months combined :lol:

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:59 pm

a male human wrote:lol this week must feel longer than the previous months combined :lol:

You know all too well. Friday 5:50pm. LONGEST 10 minutes. I'm sure of it.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:08 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
a male human wrote:lol this week must feel longer than the previous months combined :lol:

You know all too well. Friday 5:50pm. LONGEST 10 minutes. I'm sure of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsGdB6a1Evc

Raiden

Postby Raiden » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:24 pm

I get to do my first trial in Juvenile hall later today...and here I am watching youtube videos of people passing and failing the bar exam.

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Raiden wrote:I get to do my first trial in Juvenile hall later today...and here I am watching youtube videos of people passing and failing the bar exam.

My boss gave me my first patent application to write this week. I'm sure it was so I am busy enough to keep my mind off of things.

florentine

Postby florentine » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Does anyone know what the results page looked like in February? They aren't still putting text in red even if you pass right?

ilovetheatre

Postby ilovetheatre » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:03 pm

florentine wrote:Does anyone know what the results page looked like in February? They aren't still putting text in red even if you pass right?

Per a Kaplan rep, if you pass, it looks like this:

Home - Bar Exam > Examination Pass List > Lookup > Results

July 2015 California Bar Examination

------------------------------------------------------------

| Application Number: 123

| File Number : 12345

| Name: Your Name Here

------------------------------------------------------------

The name above appears on the pass list for the July 2015 California Bar Examination

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:18 pm

I guess it's time to hunt down that damned card they gave us at the bar exam with our ID numbers on it.

ilovetheatre

Postby ilovetheatre » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:31 pm

MarcZero wrote:I guess it's time to hunt down that damned card they gave us at the bar exam with our ID numbers on it.

Those numbers are also available in an email from admissions_correspondence@calbar.ca.gov with the subject "Application to take the July 2015 California Bar Examination."

I apologize if you were hoping to use the search for that plastic card as a distraction from waiting.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:33 pm

I always wonder how people lose an important card like that every year. Or at least not write down the numbers somewhere.

Readyfortheresults

Postby Readyfortheresults » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:36 pm

This is my first post on here and have been checking in on it for the last few days... for the camaraderie. Whoever posted this calculator score combo - THANK YOU - this has really boosted my confidence and mood!

mike.alexander23 wrote:What the best/most assuring one time calculator score combo you guys came up with?

I Just pulled this one out that made me smile

Essay 1 (civ pro): 65
Essay 2 (Real Prop): 65
Essay 3 (crim pro): 60
Essay 4 (Comm prop.): 65
Essay 5 (bullshit cross of Corp./Ethics): 55
Essay 6: (bullshit takings?/conlaw?): 60
PT A: 60
PT B: 65
Raw MBE: 126

FINAL SCORE-->1440 = PASS

This is a very conservative estimate of scores. I feel really good about real property and CP, so not getting a 70+ on at least one would be a surprise.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Readyfortheresults wrote:This is my first post on here and have been checking in on it for the last few days... for the camaraderie. Whoever posted this calculator score combo - THANK YOU - this has really boosted my confidence and mood!

mike.alexander23 wrote:What the best/most assuring one time calculator score combo you guys came up with?

I Just pulled this one out that made me smile

Essay 1 (civ pro): 65
Essay 2 (Real Prop): 65
Essay 3 (crim pro): 60
Essay 4 (Comm prop.): 65
Essay 5 (bullshit cross of Corp./Ethics): 55
Essay 6: (bullshit takings?/conlaw?): 60
PT A: 60
PT B: 65
Raw MBE: 126

FINAL SCORE-->1440 = PASS

This is a very conservative estimate of scores. I feel really good about real property and CP, so not getting a 70+ on at least one would be a surprise.

NP. It made me feel better. You can fail half the essays, half the PTs, and the MBE (assuming 128 raw is passing this year) and still pass. So it's definitely possible. Keep your heads up!

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Hope to see some celebrations here on Friday! I for one will be cashing out on the barmageddon anticipation bubble that will have built to critical mass, before it pops.

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:45 pm

a male human wrote:I always wonder how people lose an important card like that every year. Or at least not write down the numbers somewhere.

I did have that fire, and I've moved twice since the bar. At least, that's my excuse.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:45 pm

a male human wrote:I always wonder how people lose an important card like that every year. Or at least not write down the numbers somewhere.

First thing I did was take a pic and store it. But, that said, coming out of Thursday was a blur. I could easily see how it could get lost in the jumble of packing, coming off such a grueling exam, etc.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:53 pm

MarcZero wrote:

I did have that fire, and I've moved twice since the bar. At least, that's my excuse.

I think the fire is a great excuse. Sorry about that fire, again.

robinhoodOO wrote:

First thing I did was take a pic and store it. But, that said, coming out of Thursday was a blur. I could easily see how it could get lost in the jumble of packing, coming off such a grueling exam, etc.

It's like a reverse zombie invasion after PT-B with everyone trying to get out lol

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:44 pm

a male human wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

I think the fire is a great excuse. Sorry about that fire, again.

robinhoodOO wrote:

It's like a reverse zombie invasion after PT-B with everyone trying to get out lol

That could be a good name for a band: "PT-B"

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:47 pm

ilovetheatre wrote:
MarcZero wrote:I guess it's time to hunt down that damned card they gave us at the bar exam with our ID numbers on it.

Those numbers are also available in an email from admissions_correspondence@calbar.ca.gov with the subject "Application to take the July 2015 California Bar Examination."

I apologize if you were hoping to use the search for that plastic card as a distraction from waiting.

*Stupid Question Alert*

Applicant number = application number right? The screen asks for the applicant number and this email says application number. I find it super odd they emphasize the card so much when the same info is in an email. Who wants to keep track of some card for 5 months?

ilovetheatre

Postby ilovetheatre » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:
ilovetheatre wrote:

*Stupid Question Alert*

Applicant number = application number right? The screen asks for the applicant number and this email says application number. I find it super odd they emphasize the card so much when the same info is in an email. Who wants to keep track of some card for 5 months?

I just compared my card with the email and, yes, the App# is the applicant/application number.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”