July 2015 California Bar Exam

gaagoots

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby gaagoots » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:35 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:I got a 1415 scaled MBE score last time (Feb 2015). Does anyone know what this converts to for a raw score? I'm guessing it's every time, but I just need a ballpark figure.

141.8 was converted to 125 raw according to a one timers scaled to raw conversion chart.

Found the link

http://one-timers.com/wp-content/upload ... -Chart.pdf

Surprisingly some of those reporting have similar scaling, NY was close to this scaling.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:14 pm

My GF made this for me. Just thought I would pass it along for anyone that wants one of these things.

PS. I recommend not staring at it...it doesn't make it go faster.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/pa ... sive&csz=1

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Side bar, anyone want to recommend a show that I can start watching to kill some time? I heard Narcos is a real killer

tmanix

Postby tmanix » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:03 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:Side bar, anyone want to recommend a show that I can start watching to kill some time? I heard Narcos is a real killer

I highly recommend Narcos. I literally binged on the entire season 1 in one :mrgreen: day.

ilovetheatre

Postby ilovetheatre » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 pm

tmanix wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:Side bar, anyone want to recommend a show that I can start watching to kill some time? I heard Narcos is a real killer

I highly recommend Narcos. I literally binged on the entire season 1 in one :mrgreen: day.

Same. Going to work the next day was awful.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:45 am

rpupkin wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
k5220 wrote:I think I got 80's on the PT's (I'm unbelievably confident I knocked them out of the park), which would mean I could eek by with a 55 or two on an essay. But, I could have just as easily gotten 65's on the PT's.

You cannot count on getting 80s. It's usually very easy to see the difference between a 50 and a 60. But good luck figuring out what separates a 70 from a 80. Once you get above 65, the scoring becomes increasingly arbitrary.

I think that's pretty obvious...It was just an example to point out the potential problems with using/relying on the One Timers calculator and your own "self-evaluation." Hence saying, I could have just as easily scored a 65. Can't really saying I'm relying on anything in particular since the deed is done, other than simply relying on having passed. Once I pass (I hope?), I'll never know the scores anyway (or at least I don't think they release this info).

That said, I was able to review between 18 graded essays from someone who failed. It was pretty clear at the time why that individual received the scores they did, except for a couple of outliers. I do remember seeing a 70 and thinking it felt strong but still missed an issue or two. So, I get what you mean by things getting a bit arbitrary above 65. Who really knows haha
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:46 am

ilovetheatre wrote:
tmanix wrote:

Same. Going to work the next day was awful.

I watched S1 a few weeks ago haha. It was very good, but now we don't get S2 until something like next year :(

I highly recommend it

needaday

Postby needaday » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:00 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:My GF made this for me. Just thought I would pass it along for anyone that wants one of these things.

PS. I recommend not staring at it...it doesn't make it go faster.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/pa ... sive&csz=1

don't listen to this idiot. it definitely goes faster if you stare at it. if we all spend a few hours today, we should be able to get results by next week. chip in everyone!

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:54 pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26461244 (a study I was a subject in)

"Participants who suffered through a waiting period marked by anxiety, rumination, and pessimism responded more productively to bad news and more joyfully to good news, as compared with participants who suffered little during the wait. These findings substantiate the difficulty of enduring a stressful waiting period but suggest that this difficulty may pay off once the news arrives."

Worrying is good, guys!

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:52 am

If we lost the information we need to access scores will the Cal Bar people give it to us? Or is there an easier way to get it?

Wondering if it is worth staying on hold for a long time to get it.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:20 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:If we lost the information we need to access scores will the Cal Bar people give it to us? Or is there an easier way to get it?

Did you lose your admittance ticket and ID badge? Did you happen to save the admittance ticket electronically before printing it? Both numbers are on there if you have them. Otherwise:

File #: You can easily get the file number by requesting it via email from here: https://sbc.calbar.ca.gov/default.aspx. Click "If you do not remember your File Number" on the right. It should be sent pretty quickly.

Application #: I have no idea where you can get your application number outisde of the admittance ticket. And, you can't print your admittance ticket any longer. You need both numbers, though. Your application number is also wherever you sat, if you happen to remember what number you were. (Edit: As someone else pointed out, you can get this from emails you received, including the emails confirming upload of essays).

I personally took a picture of my admittance ticket so I have it saved electronically on my phone.
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmanix

Postby tmanix » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:06 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:If we lost the information we need to access scores will the Cal Bar people give it to us? Or is there an easier way to get it?

Have you searched through your emails? You should have both file and application numbers listed in an email from cal bar. This would be the email you received after registering for the CBX. It basically confirms that you're registered to take the exam. The email subject should be: "Application to take the July 2015 California Bar Examination."

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:43 pm

THANK YOU GUYS this was a lifesaver!

Found both an email and the admissions ticket saved!

Zaizei

Postby Zaizei » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:27 am

Can I estimate how well did I score in the MBE by paying the service of the NCBE Score Advisory for DC and MN and ND? :shock:

This is what the webpage says: Check here if you would like to know if your scaled MBE score is sufficient for admission without examination in the District of Columbia, Minnesota and North Dakota. NOTE: A score advisory will not state your scaled MBE score but will advise if your score meets or exceeds the score required by DC (133) and MN (145) and ND (150) to qualify for admission without examination.

k5220

Postby k5220 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:28 pm

Zaizei wrote:Can I estimate how well did I score in the MBE by paying the service of the NCBE Score Advisory for DC and MN and ND? :shock:

This is what the webpage says: Check here if you would like to know if your scaled MBE score is sufficient for admission without examination in the District of Columbia, Minnesota and North Dakota. NOTE: A score advisory will not state your scaled MBE score but will advise if your score meets or exceeds the score required by DC (133) and MN (145) and ND (150) to qualify for admission without examination.

This looked awesome, but "NCBE is not authorized to transfer or release any MBE score information until after the testing jurisdiction has announced its examination results and authorized release of the examinee's score." http://www.ncbex.org/ncbe-exam-score-se ... -services/
):

Zaizei

Postby Zaizei » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 pm

k5220 wrote:
Zaizei wrote:Can I estimate how well did I score in the MBE by paying the service of the NCBE Score Advisory for DC and MN and ND? :shock:

This looked awesome, but "NCBE is not authorized to transfer or release any MBE score information until after the testing jurisdiction has announced its examination results and authorized release of the examinee's score." http://www.ncbex.org/ncbe-exam-score-se ... -services/
):

Ouch!

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:49 pm

At least we can now say that our bar results come out "next week"

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:13 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:At least we can now say that our bar results come out "next week"

Dat silver lining

needaday

Postby needaday » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:20 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:At least we can now say that our bar results come out "next week"

fuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:09 pm

needaday wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Pleasye wrote:
needaday wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

While I am nervous and scared for the news, I am just as ready to find out

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:57 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:While I am nervous and scared for the news, I am just as ready to find out

Exactly. I have friends who failed the bar and are already on stage 5 of the 7 stages of grief. I'm also getting emails about bar review crap again already. Those bar review books have been staring back at me from my closet. I need to know if I can toss those in the garbage or not.

tmanix

Postby tmanix » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:00 pm

Is it weird that the state bar website lets me register for the Feb 2016 bar exam?

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:12 pm

tmanix wrote:Is it weird that the state bar website lets me register for the Feb 2016 bar exam?

Nah, that happens to some people for whatever reason. It doesn't indicate anything.

There is no known way to legitimately find out your results ahead of time.

Zaizei

Postby Zaizei » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:49 pm

tmanix wrote:Is it weird that the state bar website lets me register for the Feb 2016 bar exam?

Same here... :shock: Can someone else check pls? Maybe the system lets everyone register and we are freaking out.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”