July 2015 California Bar Exam

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:22 pm

MarcZero wrote:
a male human wrote:I feel like I'm sick and disturbed for other reasons.

Real talk though, there's not enough transparent, real, actionable advice on the bar exam BECAUSE most people bounce after the bar is behind them. It's such a waste to me not to share the methods and systems that changed my approach the second time. I (and some other repeaters I see from time to time) am here to fill that gap but also have fun at the same time during this painful process.

I can vouch for your emails and products helping me when I was locked away studying around family who had no idea what I was going through.

I agree about the need for visibility on the issue of the bar. It reminds me of an old physics professor I had. He was a downright horrible teacher. The kind who was using a textbook from the '70s, had checked out mentally, and didn't actually teach you anything but still gave everyone super difficult tests. Everyone freaked out and stressed over their grades because the average was a 40%, but he never mentioned how he curved. So during the semester many students always said they were going to rant and rave to get this guy canned, but when he handed out grades, he never gave anything lower than a C. So when you had a 40% test average and thought you were going to likely fail, getting a C was like manna from heaven so you just happily took that grade and gave up your quest to get the guy sacked because that whole experience was behind you. Then when other people complained later on, you would just say "It's not that bad. You'll be alright" as if that excused the professor from inflicting that level of stress on students. What did you care anymore? It was behind you!

lol I had some professors like this in undergrad too. I hated them for 3 months and, when I passed by the skin of my teeth, I just forgot about them.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:23 pm

You know it's getting close, when the bar exam website is updated.

http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/

a male human

Postby a male human » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm getting nostalgic

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:You know it's getting close, when the bar exam website is updated.

FFUUUUUuuuuuuuUUUUUCCCkkkk

needaday

Postby needaday » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:51 am

Notorious RBG wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:You know it's getting close, when the bar exam website is updated.

FFUUUUUuuuuuuuUUUUUCCCkkkk

fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:26 pm

One month!

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Off topic... but tomorrow is the future date in Back to the Future II -- the day Marty time travels to.

I've been keeping track of it for 4 weeks now, and I'm excited :idea:

In fact, my Halloween costume is Marty McFly. I got a reddish vest at Nordstrom Rack the other day to complete the costume, and the cashier was totally on board with my idea.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Pleasye wrote:One month!

I literally just made note of this 3 minutes ago and then saw your comment...Not sure if I'm tired of waiting, anxious, or completely indifferent at this point.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:54 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:

I literally just made note of this 3 minutes ago and then saw your comment...Not sure if I'm tired of waiting, anxious, or completely indifferent at this point.

I think right now I'm just bitter and over waiting. After Halloween weekend I'll start getting anxious and nervous again.

Waking up Nov. 20 is going to be the worst. The minutes will tick away slower than they ever have.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:57 pm

A countdown unobserved moves faster than you will have realized, like a cockroach.

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:20 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

I think right now I'm just bitter and over waiting. After Halloween weekend I'll start getting anxious and nervous again.

Waking up Nov. 20 is going to be the worst. The minutes will tick away slower than they ever have.

Knowing the exact date and time is agony. I mean, it's pretty ridiculous that law school graduates have to study for 2 months to take a 3 day test then wait another 4 months for the results before they can use their education. In the mean time, many are forced to take temporary positions that pay less than an attorney position. Some of my friends will actually lose their jobs if they fail the bar the first time. I'm sure this model worked fine when law school didn't cost a fortune, but it doesn't square with the financial reality for today's law school graduates.

mike.alexander23

Postby mike.alexander23 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:35 pm

kjartan wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

Knowing the exact date and time is agony. I mean, it's pretty ridiculous that law school graduates have to study for 2 months to take a 3 day test then wait another 4 months for the results before they can use their education. In the mean time, many are forced to take temporary positions that pay less than an attorney position. Some of my friends will actually lose their jobs if they fail the bar the first time. I'm sure this model worked fine when law school didn't cost a fortune, but it doesn't square with the financial reality for today's law school graduates.

Agreed. I had people taking the NY bar telling me that not knowing the release day is worst. I 1000% disagree. Plus they find out weeks ahead of CA.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 pm

I keep not wanting to pay attention to this thread but I keep getting pulled back.

I can't believe there's still a MONTH left to wait, lol. I feel like it's been a year since we even took the test.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:53 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I keep not wanting to pay attention to this thread but I keep getting pulled back.

I can't believe there's still a MONTH left to wait, lol. I feel like it's been a year since we even took the test.

a male human

Postby a male human » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:56 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I keep not wanting to pay attention to this thread but I keep getting pulled back.

And the heart of the Committee of Bar Examiners shrunk three sizes that day.

Happy future day! Everything is Google Chrome in the future.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Postby SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:21 pm

kjartan wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

I have a lot of non-lawyer friends that keep asking me if I got my bar exam results back, every time I see them. It's agony.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:51 pm

a male human wrote:Happy future day! Everything is Google Chrome in the future.

You mean there are people that don't use Chrome?!

a male human

Postby a male human » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:03 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
a male human wrote:Happy future day! Everything is Google Chrome in the future.

You mean there are people that don't use Chrome?!

They're not people; they're sub-humans.

I'm totally kidding

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:14 pm

We use Internet Explorer at work and we're literally blocked from downloading anything else. It kills me.

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:33 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:We use Internet Explorer at work and we're literally blocked from downloading anything else. It kills me.

I worked at a firm like that and it seemed the IT guy was simply over his head and didn't want/know how to deal with anything else. Perhaps I should have asked him for a copy of Google Ultron.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:29 pm

MarcZero wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:We use Internet Explorer at work and we're literally blocked from downloading anything else. It kills me.

I worked at a firm like that and it seemed the IT guy was simply over his head and didn't want/know how to deal with anything else. Perhaps I should have asked him for a copy of Google Ultron.

Yes

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Having to use IE to find a replacement job must be a pain in the ass :|

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:23 pm

My wife's work is scheduling for January already. She asked me if I cared about how much she worked or what dates are good. I took the plunge and bet on myself passing the bar and told her to work as much as she wants in January.

Yikes. This shit is getting real again.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Do you think if someone had the ability to rewind time, we wouldn't be able to tell? For example, this could have been the second time I'm typing this exact message because someone rewound time to redo the past (like taking the bar) and our memory was also reversed. This could have been your nth time waiting for bar results!

I just started playing Life Is Strange, and with the high of BTTF day still glowing and MarcZero's avatar, "that thought" came to me

roneman90

Postby roneman90 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:35 pm

a male human wrote:Do you think if someone had the ability to rewind time, we wouldn't be able to tell? For example, this could have been the second time I'm typing this exact message because someone rewound time to redo the past (like taking the bar) and our memory was also reversed. This could have been your nth time waiting for bar results!

I just started playing Life Is Strange, and with the high of BTTF day still glowing and MarcZero's avatar, "that thought" came to me

Yup. Nothing seems real today.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”