July 2015 California Bar Exam

A. Nony Mouse

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:43 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Bumping this to point out that I meant this. Do not discuss either the specific questions or what answers you gave. Bans will issue starting now.

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Folks, please don't discuss the specific bar exam questions here (not going to ban anyone because I forgot to bump this till now, but reminding folks of the rules).

Are you a state actor by any chance

Yes, the state of TLS, governed by the Kenstitution.

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:13 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Bumping this to point out that I meant this. Do not discuss either the specific questions or what answers you gave. Bans will issue starting now.

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Folks, please don't discuss the specific bar exam questions here (not going to ban anyone because I forgot to bump this till now, but reminding folks of the rules).

Are you a state actor by any chance

Yes, the state of TLS, governed by the Kenstitution.

Ah, there is no 1st amendment in the kenstitution

Calicakes

Postby Calicakes » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Why can't I see any writing in over 80% of the posts? Most are just empty.

a male human

Postby a male human » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Probably something to do with this...?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Yes, I deleted out ALL the stuff you weren't supposed to be talking about here.

BrokenMouse
im above average FICO buddy

Postby BrokenMouse » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:41 pm

lol
Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madsil

Postby madsil » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:54 pm

BrokenMouse wrote:Im a little confuzzled. Is it against forum rules or ca bar?

I dont think there is any copyright infringement issues just talking about our own responses in general terms.

It's a content-based restriction with a slap of gag-order

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:27 pm

I think part of it is a concern that people with accommodations get an unfair advantage (which they definitely would, reading what was written here- half the difficulty of the bar is the sheer mass of information we have to remember, so being clued into even just the general issues would give a huge boost). But they're definitely done by now. So, must be copyright stuff? Ethics stuff?

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 pm

I went out last night, it was extreme and outrageous

madsil

Postby madsil » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:I think part of it is a concern that people with accommodations get an unfair advantage (which they definitely would, reading what was written here- half the difficulty of the bar is the sheer mass of information we have to remember, so being clued into even just the general issues would give a huge boost). But they're definitely done by now. So, must be copyright stuff? Ethics stuff?

I agree with you to a certain extent & understand if they had advance notice of the 6 essays, that would be an unfair advantage, but even having a hint for PT's about how a case holds for one party where a rule's found, is by no means an unfair advantage or helpful. I can't remember a damn thing about PT1 right now, but even if I had some advance notice, it would not help because you still need to read, have a full understanding of it, know what facts apply, and analyze it. There is an overload of info, you can barely manage it. Having a few extra facts only adds to the load. I had so many things written down on the outline, but couldn't get to them even if I had a couple extra hours, which I didn't. Plus, they tell you what the issue is. just something about having my messages regulated by a group that is supposed promote free speech. Venting kinda helped relieve anxiety about what the hell happened in there.

madsil

Postby madsil » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:05 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:I went out last night, it was extreme and outrageous

I almost attempted an assault.

Notorious RBG

Postby Notorious RBG » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:12 pm

madsil wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:I think part of it is a concern that people with accommodations get an unfair advantage (which they definitely would, reading what was written here- half the difficulty of the bar is the sheer mass of information we have to remember, so being clued into even just the general issues would give a huge boost). But they're definitely done by now. So, must be copyright stuff? Ethics stuff?

I agree with you to a certain extent & understand if they had advance notice of the 6 essays, that would be an unfair advantage, but even having a hint for PT's about how a case holds for one party where a rule's found, is by no means an unfair advantage or helpful. I can't remember a damn thing about PT1 right now, but even if I had some advance notice, it would not help because you still need to read, have a full understanding of it, know what facts apply, and analyze it. There is an overload of info, you can barely manage it. Having a few extra facts only adds to the load. I had so many things written down on the outline, but couldn't get to them even if I had a couple extra hours, which I didn't. Plus, they tell you what the issue is. just something about having my messages regulated by a group that is supposed promote free speech. Venting kinda helped relieve anxiety about what the hell happened in there.

I hear you, I meant my assessment regarding the essays only. I agree regarding the PTs and with the MBEs, there are just too many of them to make a difference. We do sign the MBEs agreeing that they are protected by copyright and that we won't discuss them, even in electronic form, ha.

I feel like if anything TLS should block us from discussing essays for our own sake, since what difference does it make now? I just want affirmation from random strangers that have all the same info. that I do that I passed, which is irrational and unhealthy clearly. :oops:

madsil

Postby madsil » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:25 pm

Notorious RBG wrote:
madsil wrote:

I hear you, I meant my assessment regarding the essays only. I agree regarding the PTs and with the MBEs, there are just too many of them to make a difference. We do sign the MBEs agreeing that they are protected by copyright and that we won't discuss them, even in electronic form, ha.

I feel like if anything TLS should block us from discussing essays for our own sake, since what difference does it make now? I just want affirmation from random strangers that have all the same info. that I do that I passed, which is irrational and unhealthy clearly. :oops:

totally agree w/ you. about the irrational bit, lol! j/k but seriously, although it can't change anything, it freaking helps to gauge some level and either feel more miserable or feel camaraderie that we're all in the same boat!

Neveragain

Postby Neveragain » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:34 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Yes, I deleted out ALL the stuff you weren't supposed to be talking about here.

OK- I can see why we shouldn't be talking about the MBE's. We agreed to that by sitting for the exam. But where is it under Calbar rules that we aren't to discuss essays and pt's afterwards? I guess it's for our own good due to folks with accoms, no?

I think the people with accoms are done now, so what harm is it discussing the issues we got on an essay or the organization of Pt a or b?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:47 am

Because different states have different rules, so it's easiest for us to enforce a blanket ban on discussing questions that try to keep track of what's allowed and not allowed. (The Cal Bar rules also say you're not allowed to take questions out of the examination center, which suggests some attempt to control their dissemination.)

truekakaka

Postby truekakaka » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:04 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Because different states have different rules, so it's easiest for us to enforce a blanket ban on discussing questions that try to keep track of what's allowed and not allowed. (The Cal Bar rules also say you're not allowed to take questions out of the examination center, which suggests some attempt to control their dissemination.)

R u department of administrative hearings? :o

CALawGirl

Postby CALawGirl » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:22 am

Awwww....throughout the years, examinees come on here to discuss essays and PTs especially when those with accommodations have completed the Bar. I know because I've been through the Bar exam 3 times (before I passed). Some find it therapeutic to vent about their exam answers and need comfort or reassurance by people who are similarly situated.

However, I do understand the need to be cautious and put a blanket ban since moderators don't want to micro-manage every comment or seem unfair. But the gag order may mean this place is gonna be a cemetery! CRICKETS! :|

This is gonna be difficult; almost like crack withdrawal. But maybe not discussing the questions & answers may actually help since there's not much you can do about your answers now.

Calicakes

Postby Calicakes » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:16 pm

madsil wrote:

Last edited by Calicakes on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:24 pm

BrokenMouse wrote:Im a little confuzzled. Is it against forum rules or ca bar?

I dont think there is any copyright infringement issues just talking about our own responses in general terms.

Going back to this: it's a forum rule. But also if you describe your answers it's pretty clear what the questions addressed.

Also dissecting what you wrote isn't going to help you or change anything, and all it does is freak everyone out.

Biotech

Postby Biotech » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Rules are rules but passing judgment on whether or not people should talk about a really intense experience after the fact is unnecessary. Lock it down and move on.

dotbun

Postby dotbun » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Hey does anyone know when the essay debriefs/answers will be posted online? What website usually posts these and when? Just trying to get some peace of mind while I wait until November...

injun

Postby injun » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:46 pm

dotbun wrote:Hey does anyone know when the essay debriefs/answers will be posted online? What website usually posts these and when? Just trying to get some peace of mind while I wait until November...

Anyone who took the test multiple times have a sense of the difficulty of this particular exam? I thought essays were a slightly difficult (specifically questions 3, 5 and 6). I wasn't sure what to think about the PTs...did you guys consider them to be difficult compared to previous exams? I think the difficulty of the PTs in July 2013 allowed for the passing essay average to be around 59, but I might be wrong.

EZ as AsDf

Postby EZ as AsDf » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:22 am

Raiden wrote:Fellas, what's done is done, let's get out of this thread, enjoy the next few months, get a hobby, learn a language, and then reconvene in mid November where we can start stressing all over again about non conforming use.

Word up. Learn a language.

RufioRufio

Postby RufioRufio » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Do the California bar graders grade by test center? Or are our essays/PTs distributed randomly?

target

Postby target » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:02 am

I dreamed last night that I failed the test... :cry:

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”