July 2015 California Bar Exam

User avatar
BuenAbogado
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby BuenAbogado » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:36 pm

.

MC_ClapYourHands
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby MC_ClapYourHands » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:50 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:Did you guys drop any pure remedies for Property Owner B? I discussed injunctions/TROs and declaratory judgments.

And I discussed ultra vires for corps. since they "diversified" and "synergized" their way out of the ISP industry. Even if I don't get any points it was fun to squeeze in some latin on this exam.


Shit did they ask for remedies? I don't remember. I did not write about them, or anything other than takings really, since I had just spent almost 80 minutes on a disaster of a corp essay in which I raised every issue on the outline other than closed corp and ultra vires. :(


Honestly, I don't remember them explicitly asking for remedies. The only specific call to question I remember from #6 was that they asked about regulatory takings for the 3rd dude. For the other property owners I just assumed they wanted some arguments for A to be able to keep slangin pizzas and Property Owner B had already spent a million dollars so I argued for possible ways that he could continue to develop something commercial.


Yeah I felt like that was a huge piece of the pie, was discussing the pizza restaurant and how it's popular so location matters because all the people know where it is and three months isn't enough time to let everyone know we movin and we can tell them to park somewhere else.

City says yeah but it's popular so lots of hazard and if we give you variance we give everyone variance.

Pizza say no dood, they's only has empty lots n shizz I has bigass chuck e cheese type place.

Variance = unnecessary hardship and doesn't frustrate purpose of ordinance


Haha, I totally didn't discuss any of those issues (because I don't know shit about land-use law). I did talk generally about variance, only because I remembered that being a correct answer choice from MBE practice questions.

For pizza guy I mostly talked about Procedural Due Process and his deprivation of a "property" interest, relying on the cases dealing with the government taking away business owner's licenses.

And I talked about standing generally and whether the harm was "imminent" since it was 3 months away. For the third guy I did Lucas analysis saying 65% diminution was not total deprivation but in 3 months it would a total deprivation.

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:24 pm

MC_ClapYourHands wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:Did you guys drop any pure remedies for Property Owner B? I discussed injunctions/TROs and declaratory judgments.

And I discussed ultra vires for corps. since they "diversified" and "synergized" their way out of the ISP industry. Even if I don't get any points it was fun to squeeze in some latin on this exam.


Shit did they ask for remedies? I don't remember. I did not write about them, or anything other than takings really, since I had just spent almost 80 minutes on a disaster of a corp essay in which I raised every issue on the outline other than closed corp and ultra vires. :(


Honestly, I don't remember them explicitly asking for remedies. The only specific call to question I remember from #6 was that they asked about regulatory takings for the 3rd dude. For the other property owners I just assumed they wanted some arguments for A to be able to keep slangin pizzas and Property Owner B had already spent a million dollars so I argued for possible ways that he could continue to develop something commercial.


Yeah I felt like that was a huge piece of the pie, was discussing the pizza restaurant and how it's popular so location matters because all the people know where it is and three months isn't enough time to let everyone know we movin and we can tell them to park somewhere else.

City says yeah but it's popular so lots of hazard and if we give you variance we give everyone variance.

Pizza say no dood, they's only has empty lots n shizz I has bigass chuck e cheese type place.

Variance = unnecessary hardship and doesn't frustrate purpose of ordinance


Haha, I totally didn't discuss any of those issues (because I don't know shit about land-use law). I did talk generally about variance, only because I remembered that being a correct answer choice from MBE practice questions.

For pizza guy I mostly talked about Procedural Due Process and his deprivation of a "property" interest, relying on the cases dealing with the government taking away business owner's licenses.

And I talked about standing generally and whether the harm was "imminent" since it was 3 months away. For the third guy I did Lucas analysis saying 65% diminution was not total deprivation but in 3 months it would a total deprivation.


Bar released details. It was procedural and substantive due process and takings for that essay

User avatar
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Are there any examples of an essay that deserves a ~70 or ~75 for the bar? I really need to start assessing the likelihood that I passed to prepare for the very real possibility that I'm going to get fired at the end of the year. :(

I put in some Meek Mill diss track-level writing on that takings clause essay btw :cry:

User avatar
sopranorleone
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby sopranorleone » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:38 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:Did you guys drop any pure remedies for Property Owner B? I discussed injunctions/TROs and declaratory judgments.

And I discussed ultra vires for corps. since they "diversified" and "synergized" their way out of the ISP industry. Even if I don't get any points it was fun to squeeze in some latin on this exam.


Shit did they ask for remedies? I don't remember. I did not write about them, or anything other than takings really, since I had just spent almost 80 minutes on a disaster of a corp essay in which I raised every issue on the outline other than closed corp and ultra vires. :(


Honestly, I don't remember them explicitly asking for remedies. The only specific call to question I remember from #6 was that they asked about regulatory takings for the 3rd dude. For the other property owners I just assumed they wanted some arguments for A to be able to keep slangin pizzas and Property Owner B had already spent a million dollars so I argued for possible ways that he could continue to develop something commercial.


Yeah I felt like that was a huge piece of the pie, was discussing the pizza restaurant and how it's popular so location matters because all the people know where it is and three months isn't enough time to let everyone know we movin and we can tell them to park somewhere else.

City says yeah but it's popular so lots of hazard and if we give you variance we give everyone variance.

Pizza say no dood, they's only has empty lots n shizz I has bigass chuck e cheese type place.

Variance = unnecessary hardship and doesn't frustrate purpose of ordinance


Haha, I totally didn't discuss any of those issues (because I don't know shit about land-use law). I did talk generally about variance, only because I remembered that being a correct answer choice from MBE practice questions.

For pizza guy I mostly talked about Procedural Due Process and his deprivation of a "property" interest, relying on the cases dealing with the government taking away business owner's licenses.

And I talked about standing generally and whether the harm was "imminent" since it was 3 months away. For the third guy I did Lucas analysis saying 65% diminution was not total deprivation but in 3 months it would a total deprivation.


Bar released details. It was procedural and substantive due process and takings for that essay


Wait, really? Where can you find the details?

BrokenMouse
im above average FICO buddy
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby BrokenMouse » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:41 pm

lol
Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrokenMouse
im above average FICO buddy
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby BrokenMouse » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:41 pm

lol
Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaagoots
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby gaagoots » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:53 pm

.
Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Anyone know how to calculate a raw MBE score from a scaled one? This is the Feb 2015 administration if that matters

User avatar
Shammis
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Shammis » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:03 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:Anyone know how to calculate a raw MBE score from a scaled one? This is the Feb 2015 administration if that matters

you have to math.

madsil
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby madsil » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:59 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
MC_ClapYourHands wrote:Did you guys drop any pure remedies for Property Owner B? I discussed injunctions/TROs and declaratory judgments.

And I discussed ultra vires for corps. since they "diversified" and "synergized" their way out of the ISP industry. Even if I don't get any points it was fun to squeeze in some latin on this exam.


Shit did they ask for remedies? I don't remember. I did not write about them, or anything other than takings really, since I had just spent almost 80 minutes on a disaster of a corp essay in which I raised every issue on the outline other than closed corp and ultra vires. :(


Honestly, I don't remember them explicitly asking for remedies. The only specific call to question I remember from #6 was that they asked about regulatory takings for the 3rd dude. For the other property owners I just assumed they wanted some arguments for A to be able to keep slangin pizzas and Property Owner B had already spent a million dollars so I argued for possible ways that he could continue to develop something commercial.


Yeah I felt like that was a huge piece of the pie, was discussing the pizza restaurant and how it's popular so location matters because all the people know where it is and three months isn't enough time to let everyone know we movin and we can tell them to park somewhere else.

City says yeah but it's popular so lots of hazard and if we give you variance we give everyone variance.

Pizza say no dood, they's only has empty lots n shizz I has bigass chuck e cheese type place.

Variance = unnecessary hardship and doesn't frustrate purpose of ordinance


Haha, I totally didn't discuss any of those issues (because I don't know shit about land-use law). I did talk generally about variance, only because I remembered that being a correct answer choice from MBE practice questions.

For pizza guy I mostly talked about Procedural Due Process and his deprivation of a "property" interest, relying on the cases dealing with the government taking away business owner's licenses.

And I talked about standing generally and whether the harm was "imminent" since it was 3 months away. For the third guy I did Lucas analysis saying 65% diminution was not total deprivation but in 3 months it would a total deprivation.


Bar released details. It was procedural and substantive due process and takings for that essay

Where did the BAR release the information? I didn't think they did until they released some questions. I know a few bar prep co's have posted what was tested, but didn't think BAR would.

madsil
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby madsil » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:00 pm

Shammis wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:Anyone know how to calculate a raw MBE score from a scaled one? This is the Feb 2015 administration if that matters

you have to math.


is this what you're looking for?
https://one-timers.com/calculate-your-f ... exam-grade

madsil
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby madsil » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:04 pm

Does anyone know if the graders grade essays 1-6 together for an applicant? I suppose it makes to do it, otherwise it would be a mess to organize, but I wonder if they will see that a few essays were good, one or two stink, and the other mehhh...and possible have compassion?

User avatar
Raiden
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Raiden » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Fellas, what's done is done, let's get out of this thread, enjoy the next few months, get a hobby, learn a language, and then reconvene in mid November where we can start stressing all over again about non conforming use.

FU_BAR
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:31 am

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby FU_BAR » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:42 pm

Notorious RBG wrote: So I introduced by saying that zoning was cool unless it violates the constitution and included EP, due process and taking in the intro, but then I just applied the taking test to all three. To me it really seemed like that was the true answer, since in zoning cases like that courts analyze as a taking the vast majority of the time. Also PDP wasn't really implicated because they all had their day in a court of law, and that is clearly sufficient process. But in retrospect I think I should have talked more about proc due process instead of expecting the grader to read my mind. I blame that corp monster. This feeling is the worst, to know something really well and to have left it out. :x


If they asked whether the court ruled correctly, the court would be ruling on whether A/B/C were afforded PDP before the deprivation, ie when ordinance passed. That requires notice to the property owners and an opportunity to show up at city hall and rant, or perhaps ask the city for some just comp.

ilovetheatre
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby ilovetheatre » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:47 pm

madsil wrote:Does anyone know if the graders grade essays 1-6 together for an applicant? I suppose it makes to do it, otherwise it would be a mess to organize, but I wonder if they will see that a few essays were good, one or two stink, and the other mehhh...and possible have compassion?

Per a former CA bar grader: each grader only grades one of the essays/PTs. So the grader may have seen hundreds of essay #6 before getting to yours.

Neveragain
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:37 am

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Neveragain » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:47 am

For PTB, would it have been ok to organize by CPERA Code? (the alleged charges were 15, 15.5 and 19)? And then elaborate under each with the issues presented(#1 and #2)

BrokenMouse
im above average FICO buddy
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby BrokenMouse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:01 pm

.

FU_BAR
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:31 am

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby FU_BAR » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:25 pm

.

Blahlawlaw
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Blahlawlaw » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:14 pm

.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15475
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:32 pm

[quote="Blahlawlaw"]
yes it's possible, and there are tons of ways to do these things and end up with a 60 or better. Organizing one answer a little differently from everyone else is just not gonna be what sinks you.

Neveragain
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:37 am

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Neveragain » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:37 pm

.

Blahlawlaw
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby Blahlawlaw » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:17 pm

.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22827
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Bumping this to point out that I meant this. Do not discuss either the specific questions or what answers you gave. Bans will issue starting now.

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Folks, please don't discuss the specific bar exam questions here (not going to ban anyone because I forgot to bump this till now, but reminding folks of the rules).

User avatar
BuenAbogado
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby BuenAbogado » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:40 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Bumping this to point out that I meant this. Do not discuss either the specific questions or what answers you gave. Bans will issue starting now.

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Folks, please don't discuss the specific bar exam questions here (not going to ban anyone because I forgot to bump this till now, but reminding folks of the rules).


Are you a state actor by any chance




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lavicky and 6 guests