July 2015 California Bar Exam

BuenAbogado

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Postby BuenAbogado » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:38 am

IceManKazanski wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:
BrokenMouse wrote:On the PT, I only got 2 main prongs to my rules... to analyse 2 locations. Did I goof hard? I heard someone discuss (c) earlier... Wtf is this third issue...

Nah don't trip. I'm the one that had (c) and it's because:

(a) Cursory explanation of the weird SJ standard and P's burden re causation;

(b) Explained "the rule" and why I thought it applied, but noted that it had an exception and so we move to part (c);

(c) I broke this into two sub-parts, one for each location.

Weren't we supposed to answer to the defendant's answer? He had a. Causation for negligence to one, b. Causation to the other and c. Professionally negligent design as to both? It seemed that was the structure they wanted.

That's what I went with, figured it was safe bet anyway.

I also thought the exception in 2 didn't apply. The opponent tried to apply it, but it didn't seem like he satisfied the condition at all.

2 didn't apply because he denied and didn't have explanation right?

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:17 am

Lulz at the line at century plaza

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:58 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
IceManKazanski wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:
BrokenMouse wrote:On the PT, I only got 2 main prongs to my rules... to analyse 2 locations. Did I goof hard? I heard someone discuss (c) earlier... Wtf is this third issue...

(b) Explained "the rule" and why I thought it applied, but noted that it had an exception and so we move to part (c);

Weren't we supposed to answer to the defendant's answer? He had a. Causation for negligence to one, b. Causation to the other and c. Professionally negligent design as to both? It seemed that was the structure they wanted.

I also thought the exception in 2 didn't apply. The opponent tried to apply it, but it didn't seem like he satisfied the condition at all.

I didn't answer like that. Apparently I totally fucked that up. And didn't feel good about first half of the MBE. Not good.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Finished the mbe in 2 hours. Did other people do this too or did I fuck something up?

To clarify, I did not find it easy, I just finished with an hour to spare.

a male human

Postby a male human » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:06 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Finished the mbe in 2 hours. Did other people do this too or did I fuck something up?

Did you use the remaining hour to double check your answers?

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:07 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Finished the mbe in 2 hours. Did other people do this too or did I fuck something up?

I always tend to go fast on these things so I also ended early. Three hours is a lot of time.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:10 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:
IceManKazanski wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:

Correct-o-mundo as to dec 1, and separate issue as to dec 2

acronyx

Postby acronyx » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:13 pm

I was on #94 at the one hour announcement and I felt horrible about that test. Definitely not easier than Barbri.

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm glad everyone else also thought the MBE questions were tougher than expected. I honestly thought I was losing my mind. Got done early, but didn't see the point in looking over answers. I either knew it or I didn't.

There seemed to be a lot of answer choices that were wonky and not what you would expect with the topic they were testing you over.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:32 pm

MarcZero wrote:I'm glad everyone else also thought the MBE questions were tougher than expected. I honestly thought I was losing my mind. Got done early, but didn't see the point in looking over answers. I either knew it or I didn't.

There seemed to be a lot of answer choices that were wonky and not what you would expect with the topic they were testing you over.

Yup; same here

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Folks, please don't discuss the specific bar exam questions here (not going to ban anyone because I forgot to bump this till now, but reminding folks of the rules).

InTheWideLand I Walk

Postby InTheWideLand I Walk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:40 pm

I hate it when they have an element of the rule as an answer choice, but the language of the element is slightly different so you dont know whether 1- it is the correct answer because it talks about the relevant rule or 2- the answer is wrong because it cites the rule incorrectly.

sopranorleone

Postby sopranorleone » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Totally going to need a drink after today

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:58 pm

sopranorleone wrote:Totally going to need a drink after today

I don't even drink and I'm considering starting after today.

I hope all 10 experimental questions were in the first set because I felt dumbfounded more often than I'd like to admit.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Postby SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:01 pm

InTheWideLand I Walk wrote:I hate it when they have an element of the rule as an answer choice, but the language of the element is slightly different so you dont know whether 1- it is the correct answer because it talks about the relevant rule or 2- the answer is wrong because it cites the rule incorrectly.

Word. That's some cheapass Eddy Gordo shit. :evil:

BuenAbogado

Postby BuenAbogado » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:09 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
InTheWideLand I Walk wrote:I hate it when they have an element of the rule as an answer choice, but the language of the element is slightly different so you dont know whether 1- it is the correct answer because it talks about the relevant rule or 2- the answer is wrong because it cites the rule incorrectly.

Word. That's some cheapass Eddy Gordo shit. :evil:

Yo don't talk about my boy eddy. X and O

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Thought the second half of the MBE was easier than the first. Finished in two hours, but I generally tend to move quickly thru these things and I try to avoid going back and second-guessing myself.

Confident I passed all three essays yesterday, but I know I messed up PT-A. Hopefully I can make up for that tomorrow, but worried that between yesterday's PT and a likely lackluster MBE score (never been my strong suit) sunk me.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:Thought the second half of the MBE was easier than the first. Finished in two hours, but I generally tend to move quickly thru these things and I try to avoid going back and second-guessing myself.

Confident I passed all three essays yesterday, but I know I messed up PT-A. Hopefully I can make up for that tomorrow, but worried that between yesterday's PT and a likely lackluster MBE score (never been my strong suit) sunk me.

Felt the same way about the mbe, even down to the timing. Not sure how I did with the PT but I felt okay with the essays. The MBE has always been my weak spot too though....are we secretly twins, BD??? :P

For real tho f all the fuckers who are done today and are celebrating. Esp my friends who denied that the CA bar was harder. WE HAVE AN ENTIRE EXTRA DAY TO DO.

(is jealous)

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:10 pm

My plan to do a little studying on the state topics for tomorrow doesn't look too promising

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:12 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:Thought the second half of the MBE was easier than the first. Finished in two hours, but I generally tend to move quickly thru these things and I try to avoid going back and second-guessing myself.

I also agree the PM session was marginally easier in that there were actually a few questions I was confident in answering. There were still a bunch of weird phrases and unlikely answers all about.

I'm not sure how I did on the PT, but I think PT-A was so weird that no one will know exactly how they did until it's all graded. I heard three different people talk about how they formatted/answered PT-A yesterday and they were all different, even from my approach. Who knows what the bar graders wanted? But yeah, between the ambiguous PT-A and WTF MBE, I'm now worried about being blind-sided by too many CA distinctions tomorrow. I'll be sleeping with my PR outlines tonight.

smokeylarue

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 pm

That MBE was ridiculous. Feels like something Barbri concocted.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 pm

Ok, glad it isn't just me..sucks =/

sopranorleone

Postby sopranorleone » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Anybody staying at the Century Plaza want to meet for a drink at some point tonight? Only rule is that we can only discuss the exam in generalities, no specific issue/question talk

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Does anyone think that Remedies will be tested?

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 pm

sopranorleone wrote:Anybody staying at the Century Plaza want to meet for a drink at some point tonight? Only rule is that we can only discuss the exam in generalities, no specific issue/question talk

alcoholic...jk haha I'm in Ontario and my study partner won't drink. I would if I were close to you.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”