July 2015 California Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
a male human

Gold

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Post by a male human » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:52 pm

roneman90 wrote:
a male human wrote:Do you think if someone had the ability to rewind time, we wouldn't be able to tell? For example, this could have been the second time I'm typing this exact message because someone rewound time to redo the past (like taking the bar) and our memory was also reversed. This could have been your nth time waiting for bar results!

I just started playing Life Is Strange, and with the high of BTTF day still glowing and MarcZero's avatar, "that thought" came to me
Yup. Nothing seems real today.
Is anything real at all? How often do we actually feel that something is real and substantial?

I guess if I had to face retirement or what happened to MarcZero's U-Haul, I might be woken up from this ethereal drift through this purgatory between my 20s and 30s. I'm turning 30 in a few months (2016 already? a lot has happened), and I clearly remember turning 20. Back then people actually left me voicemails on my birthday and wanted to hang out with me for more than just a few dates.

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Is anyone "planning something" the night of November 20th? Or am I the only one that feels like it's bad juju.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:56 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:Is anyone "planning something" the night of November 20th? Or am I the only one that feels like it's bad juju.
I figure they've probably finished grading essays by now and the MBE has been graded for ages, so in my mind there's no jinxing shit at this point. We've already either passed or failed and we're just waiting to find out which. So, plan away!

I plan to take a 6 pack to work, get off at 5 and kill it waiting till 6. Get results. Party downtown SF in misery or celebration.

BuenAbogado

Bronze

Post by BuenAbogado » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:04 am

I feel so alone now that NY has their scores.

needaday

New

Post by needaday » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 pm

BuenAbogado wrote:I feel so alone now that NY has their scores.
is it just us and texas now?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MarcZero

Bronze

Post by MarcZero » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:45 pm

needaday wrote:
I know Ohio isn't coming out until Friday.

Kiwi3891

New

Post by Kiwi3891 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:55 pm

needaday wrote:
Texas is just about 9 days away. Official results come out Friday, 11/6 but we can access our results 11/5 or whenever SC Justice Willet tweets out "Happy Bar Results Day." **sigh**

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:49 pm

If anyone took the 2014 July bar:

http://www.examsoftsettlement.com/

needaday

New

Post by needaday » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:21 pm

a male human wrote:If anyone took the 2014 July bar:

Up to 90 bucks!!! Looks like everyone will be made whole!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:46 pm

a male human wrote:If anyone took the 2014 July bar:

$600,000.00 awarded to Class Counsel and $1,000.00 for lead plaintiff(s) and the whopping $90 chump change to the poor users.

http://chimicles.com/wp-content/uploads ... -Order.pdf

According to the declarations of Class Counsel, they incurred $28,892.16 in expenses in litigating this matter. The Court finds that $28,892.16 in costs and expenses are reasonable, and will be awarded as part of the $600,000.00 awarded to Class Counsel.

emilybrock1234

New

Post by emilybrock1234 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:02 pm

MarcZero wrote:
needaday wrote:
I know Ohio isn't coming out until Friday.
Add Virginia to the list! We get results Friday as well.

tmanix

New

Post by tmanix » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:39 am

robinhoodOO wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:Is anyone "planning something" the night of November 20th? Or am I the only one that feels like it's bad juju.
I figure they've probably finished grading essays by now and the MBE has been graded for ages, so in my mind there's no jinxing shit at this point. We've already either passed or failed and we're just waiting to find out which. So, plan away!

I plan to take a 6 pack to work, get off at 5 and kill it waiting till 6. Get results. Party downtown SF in misery or celebration.
I'm not entirely sure that the our exams have been completely graded. As of October 16, the CBE was still discussing grading. http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/cbe/Agenda.as ... =0&s=false :shock:

BuenAbogado

Bronze

Post by BuenAbogado » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:27 am

tmanix wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

I'm not entirely sure that the our exams have been completely graded. As of October 16, the CBE was still discussing grading. http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/cbe/Agenda.as ... =0&s=false :shock:
They were probably discussing how dumb it is that they're done grading yet not releasing grades for another 3 weeks

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:40 am

BuenAbogado wrote:
tmanix wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

They were probably discussing how dumb it is that they're done grading yet not releasing grades for another 3 weeks
Nah, they could be discussing any number of things relating to grading. They've been done with the first round for ages, now, I'm sure of it. They're probably done, or close to done, with grading the re-grades. Remember, they also have to scale essays, so that's something they could be discussing.

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:48 pm

10000% they're still not grading. This is probably a follow up and review of the results (e.g., takers, % passed, average essay scores, scaling info). I imagine that might still have to scale the total scores and then associate all scores with applicant numbers. And I'm sure there are a number of checkpoints that have to be met.

But I would bet that they probably finished grading as of earlier this month.

Redamon1

Bronze

Post by Redamon1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:50 am

mike.alexander23 wrote:You know it's getting close, when the bar exam website is updated.

http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/
Damn, they even have a countdown. This is real. Time to freak out.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Bar Secrects: CA Essay Debriefing: http://www.barsecrets.com/essaydebriefs

Against my better judgment, I'm probably going to watch this later today. Fuck.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tmanix

New

Post by tmanix » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:31 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:Bar Secrects: CA Essay Debriefing: http://www.barsecrets.com/essaydebriefs

dear Lord, noooo

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:49 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:Bar Secrects: CA Essay Debriefing: http://www.barsecrets.com/essaydebriefs

Love it. Bar Secrets and chill tonight.

MarcZero

Bronze

Post by MarcZero » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that I barely remember these questions and what I put down.

petsoundspop

New

Post by petsoundspop » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Thank you for the link. I've been waiting for this.

Watched this against my better judgment and am actually glad I did. Feeling slightly more hopeful now. However, the last two essays were ridiculous though so I am still on the edge of my seat. :cry:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:49 pm

petsoundspop wrote:

Watched this against my better judgment and am actually glad I did. Feeling slightly more hopeful now. However, the last two essays were ridiculous though so I am still on the edge of my seat. :cry:
The guy in the video even said how rough Q5 was...I feel worse about it now. What a shitty bar essay, knowing there was no way you could finish it in an hour. Maybe that's a good thing?!

I feel better about Q2, though, as I wasn't aware of the case and had been freaking out about it. But it doesn't sound like it matters much (hopefully), so long as you properly discussed the facts in relation to REP. I also feel better about Q1 and Q4, as it seems now I nailed those 2 essays.

Time will tell for all of us. 22 days!!!!!!

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:05 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
petsoundspop wrote:

The guy in the video even said how rough Q5 was...I feel worse about it now. What a shitty bar essay, knowing there was no way you could finish it in an hour. Maybe that's a good thing?!

I feel better about Q2, though, as I wasn't aware of the case and had been freaking out about it. But it doesn't sound like it matters much (hopefully), so long as you properly discussed the facts in relation to REP. I also feel better about Q1 and Q4, as it seems now I nailed those 2 essays.

Time will tell for all of us. 22 days!!!!!!
Agreed. I think you and I just had a good discussion in the comment section for Q1. I'm hopeful that's what I put on test day, but I don't remember. At least I spotted all the issues and gave good analysis so hopefully at least a 65 there.

I feel the same about Q4. If you had the rules in place, you should be sprinting to the bank with that one.

Q5 was a shit show lol. I was able to finish in time, but I remember just throwing everything to the wall. Brief rule statements and quick analysis too. I'd be happy with a 60 on that.

All in all, I dont feel bad after watching these videos. Most of the issues and analysis Bar Secrets discussed is what went through my head on test day. Now I know Bar Secrets aren't the graders, but it gives me hope that I at least saw most of what was being tested.

kjartan

Gold

Post by kjartan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Why do this to yourself?

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:15 pm

kjartan wrote:Why do this to yourself?
I wish I had that kind of self-reflection before enrolling in law school. Oops. Too late

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”