July 2015 California Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
fear_no_evil

New

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Post by fear_no_evil » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:15 pm

melissaraffalow wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:Dreamt I failed.

It was all a dream.
I used to read word up magazine
Salt & Pepper and Heavy D up the Limousine.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:15 pm

gaagoots wrote:How about when Male Human posts we drink?
Or when anyone mentions a countdown or time

Notorious RBG

New

Post by Notorious RBG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:16 pm

gaagoots wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
July needed Penn Central..you are fine, you did good. We need to start a drinking game. I'm starting around 3 or 4.
I'm in! Even if I"m not posting I am drinking with you in spirit. :D

I will begin imbibing around 4. Good times.
How about when Male Human posts we drink? The only beer I drink is sold in Canada, I may check the local Bev Mo or get something stronger whoo hoo!
I think tonight may be a night to bust out the liquor... I will see how I feel when I tuck into the seedy dive bar. :P

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:19 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
gaagoots wrote:How about when Male Human posts we drink?
Or when anyone mentions a countdown or time
Even better lol

MarcZero

Bronze

Post by MarcZero » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:30 pm

a male human wrote:I drafted a Buzzfeed article to entertain (and hopefully lead to "edutainment" to) those who will have not passed.

Are you guys interested in taking a look to make sure it's not in poor taste toward people who will see this on or after Saturday morning?
As someone who read your emails during bar prep, I can try to see if it's out of step with your style, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BuenAbogado

Bronze

Post by BuenAbogado » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:50 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDBvhfnwmwjsnznsnahojjuiejsbdbn

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:02 pm

gaagoots wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
July needed Penn Central..you are fine, you did good. We need to start a drinking game. I'm starting around 3 or 4.

How about when Male Human posts we drink? The only beer I drink is sold in Canada, I may check the local Bev Mo or get something stronger whoo hoo!
Hey... what are you trying to say about me...

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:05 pm

MarcZero wrote:
a male human wrote:I drafted a Buzzfeed article to entertain (and hopefully lead to "edutainment" to) those who will have not passed.

Are you guys interested in taking a look to make sure it's not in poor taste toward people who will see this on or after Saturday morning?
As someone who read your emails during bar prep, I can try to see if it's out of step with your style, etc.
Sweet man, thanks for being my guinea pig. Since more than one person volunteered, I'll just post it here.

This is still a draft and I just want to make sure people will be all right with this (generally). A bit of polarization is OK because I don't mind filtering out people who won't accept a bit of dry or morbid humor. I just don't want to depress people into doing really harmful stuff.

www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed/_draft/4071385

Please hit me with any and all suggestions. Maybe it will take the edge off the wait for you. Thanks!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:07 pm

a male human wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

BTW, what's the name of the beer? BevMo's website lets you plug in your zip and search if it's available at your local BevMo (knowing this is sign #92 why I might be an alcoholic).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:10 pm

a male human wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

Sweet man, thanks for being my guinea pig. Since more than one person volunteered, I'll just post it here.

This is still a draft and I just want to make sure people will be all right with this (generally). A bit of polarization is OK because I don't mind filtering out people who won't accept a bit of dry or morbid humor. I just don't want to depress people into doing really harmful stuff.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed/_draft/4071385

Please hit me with any and all suggestions. Maybe it will take the edge off the wait for you. Thanks!
Glad I could to relive that moment where Brad Pitt finds his pregnant wife's severed head in a box. 3 hours 50 minutes

fear_no_evil

New

Post by fear_no_evil » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:11 pm

OK, I'm loggin off, leaving work, and headed to the movies till 6pm. I'm not getting any work done anyway. Good luck to everyone tonight. Hope we are all on the pass list! If not... my plan is to take some time to grieve, confront my weaknesses and come back strong for Feb!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:15 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
a male human wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

Glad I could to relive that moment where Brad Pitt finds his pregnant wife's severed head in a box. 3 hours 50 minutes

Yes! Lots of great chilling moments in that movie. Not going to name the movie in case some people haven't seen it yet.
fear_no_evil wrote:OK, I'm loggin off, leaving work, and headed to the movies till 6pm. I'm not getting any work done anyway. Good luck to everyone tonight. Hope we are all on the pass list! If not... my plan is to take some time to grieve, confront my weaknesses and come back strong for Feb!
Good luck, hope to hear the good news!

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:17 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
a male human wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

BTW, what's the name of the beer? BevMo's website lets you plug in your zip and search if it's available at your local BevMo (knowing this is sign #92 why I might be an alcoholic).
Boo! It's Kokanee and out of stock. I saw it once during the Stanley Cup when we were playing the Bruins. Otherwise it's hit or miss. Plus here in the states it has less alcohol than in BC. We were legal to drink at 19 :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:28 pm

gaagoots wrote:Boo! It's Kokanee and out of stock. I saw it once during the Stanley Cup when we were playing the Bruins. Otherwise it's hit or miss. Plus here in the states it has less alcohol than in BC. We were legal to drink at 19 :D
What's it like? Bottle looks like a Coor's. They'd probably have it at this massive warehouse liquor store in SoCo--haha. Nothing I haven't been able to find

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:35 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
gaagoots wrote:Boo! It's Kokanee and out of stock. I saw it once during the Stanley Cup when we were playing the Bruins. Otherwise it's hit or miss. Plus here in the states it has less alcohol than in BC. We were legal to drink at 19 :D
What's it like? Bottle looks like a Coor's. They'd probably have it at this massive warehouse liquor store in SoCo--haha. Nothing I haven't been able to find
I enjoy it, it's a clean taste which I prefer. I went to some pub in San Diego area called Churchill Pub, has some decent craft beer. I forgot the names, I may text my sister whose coming after she gets out class, to find the one I liked. It was smokey and nothing like I'm use to.

Stores are crazy today. Costco has maniacs in the parking lot and in the store.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:50 pm

gaagoots wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
I enjoy it, it's a clean taste which I prefer. I went to some pub in San Diego area called Churchill Pub, has some decent craft beer. I forgot the names, I may text my sister whose coming after she gets out class, to find the one I liked. It was smokey and nothing like I'm use to.

Stores are crazy today. Costco has maniacs in the parking lot and in the store.
Reminds me of A taproom in Santa Rosa that sells a Coffee Milk Stout brewed down in San Diego...God I need a drink

MarcZero

Bronze

Post by MarcZero » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:57 pm

a male human wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

It all reads well and doesn't feel tacky or out of step with your tone of emails you send out. 10/10. I feel like I failed the bar already.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:12 pm

MarcZero wrote:
a male human wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

It all reads well and doesn't feel tacky or out of step with your tone of emails you send out. 10/10. I feel like I failed the bar already.
Thanks for the feedback :)

I forget if the timer turns into a minute-by-minute countdown at 1 hour or 2 hours remaining.

melissaraffalow

New

Post by melissaraffalow » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:26 pm

fear_no_evil wrote:
melissaraffalow wrote:
BuenAbogado wrote:Dreamt I failed.

It was all a dream.
I used to read word up magazine
Salt & Pepper and Heavy D up the Limousine.
Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:28 pm

fock fock fock

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:35 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:fock fock fock

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JosephusMyer

New

Post by JosephusMyer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:37 pm

gaagoots wrote:
Notorious RBG wrote:
sopranorleone wrote:
trashpanda wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
a male human wrote:Nah it should be up and a bit laggy but nothing breaking

I wonder if in the pre-Internet days people got their results one by one by mail
I was told they called in 'back in the day'

Speaking of which. I found an old Flemings graded essay book. Just to show how rare they test the takings clause, it was tested in 90 (very brief issue) 1992 very similar to ours, kicking myself missing comprehensive plan. A graded 70 got 10th Amend, Zoning, non-conforming use, comprehensive plan, variance, PDP, EPC, 5th Amend discussion (zero regulatory Penn Central on this graded essay) so to those worried, this one passed with 4 handwritten pages with issues many here discussed. Then Feb 2010 it was tested.
Welp, the next 5 hours and 43 minutes just got that much more agonizing.

Lol, I only did SDP and PDP.
Man I was super prepared on all things Constitutional Law and I cannot imagine having f*cked up an essay more. Pretty sure I discussed none of those other than quick comments about variance, pdp and epc... and I made my whole essay bout Penn Central. 10th amendment duh omg.
I didn't mention comprehensive plan, but I think I mentioned that municipal zoning laws are subordinate to state planning/zoning statutes, before assuming that there were no relevant statutes in this state. (Also, in CA, there's no such thing as a comprehensive plan - it's called a General Plan).

Meanwhile, back to trying to dodge the people at work telling me they're sure I don't have anything to worry about. I appreciate the sentiment, but in a way it makes it seem like they'll be even more disappointed if I have to retake.

MarcZero

Bronze

Post by MarcZero » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:37 pm

a male human wrote:
MarcZero wrote:
a male human wrote:
MarcZero wrote:

Thanks for the feedback :)

I forget if the timer turns into a minute-by-minute countdown at 1 hour or 2 hours remaining.
Must be 1 hour because it's showing as 2 hours on my end.

Biotech

New

Post by Biotech » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Life is good right now. I'd like to keep it that way a little longer. I'm waiting for the mail.

petsoundspop

New

Post by petsoundspop » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Anybody else's heart pounding? For NY we just got an email with no head's up beforehand. This set date and time thing is definitely preferable but nerve-wracking nonetheless.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”