July 2015 California Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
madsil

New

Re: July 2015 California Bar Exam

Post by madsil » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:54 pm

The ones I'm looking for are Barwinners. I have the Barbri CMR, but the prior has a streamlined outline.
thanks!

Icametowin

New

Post by Icametowin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Any inexpensive hotel suggestion for the Oakland area????

BrokenMouse

Silver

Post by BrokenMouse » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storge

New

Post by storge » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Not getting any luck with this Q on other boards, will try here in case any of the July folks are still following this thread.
Anyone have prior experience with (or know someone who did) the BarBri Mini Review 1 day 8 hour program? Was it worth the extra money? Any thoughts and feedback greatly appreciated!

floridajd

New

Post by floridajd » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:59 am

Law School wrote:Has anyone used Maretta Ward for private tutoring? Any advice/info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
In all sincerity, if you want to give or spend money and get nothing in return, or have money to waste and throw away, contact her. Great upfront advertising and always has many alternatives as how she can be paid, and it stops at that point. There needs to be a website giving recommendations about who to avoid with tutoring for the Ca Bar Exam. In all fairness to her, she is not the only one - and that would probably be her defense for no / poor performance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

floridajd

New

Post by floridajd » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:41 pm

I have used three tutors so far for the California Bar Exam. One reneged (and I lost $11K); one stopped performing (received about $1,000.00 of $4,000 spent); and the other made learning impossible where I had to terminate the relationship when he said he wanted more money. What a racket this is? I can certainly advise on who to avoid if anyone needs to know. The problem is time pursuing tutors to refund fees (al least partially) is time lost not studying. If anyone needs to know who to avoid (based on my experience) just let me know.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”