MPT Practice - Did you do this? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sparty99

Gold

MPT Practice - Did you do this?

Post by sparty99 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm running out of time. Did people practice for the MPT? If so, for how long? Is this something I can skip?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: MPT Practice - Did you do this?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:50 pm

I think you have experience with legal writing, you can skip it unless you're in California, because theirs is weird and hard and counts a lot. In my non-CA state, it was basically, "here are 4 cases, here's a client/scenario/facts, advise the client on what they should do." The big thing was just paying attention to the prompt and giving them what they wanted (client letter, proposed legislation, brief, memo, etc.). It's worth familiarizing yourself with the kinds of prompts but otherwise it's not really worth practicing for (unless maybe you never did any legal writing after 1L, somehow).

But for CA you apparently need to practice it.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Yes. Its easy points, so don't waste them. Do one or two of them it only takes 1.5 hours.

ilovetypos

New

Post by ilovetypos » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:06 pm

at the very least, i would spend 45 minutes reading through the case file and library and outlining so you can make sure to finish stuff in time.

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:47 pm

CA here: I am dedicating an entire day after my substantive memorization session (about three days prior to the bar) for PT review. I don't think I'll write one out in its entirety, but I'll watch the bar prep videos and review all 4 (?) types. Maybe I'll outline one of each as well, not sure about that yet though. Got 60s on both last time, so maybe with some improvement, might be able to get to 70s this time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:30 pm

x
Last edited by TheFutureLawyer on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dovlet

New

Post by dovlet » Wed May 17, 2017 8:06 pm

I took Barbri and they have guideline how you can use it. If you like, I can pm my notes if you still have problem.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed May 17, 2017 8:10 pm

dovlet wrote:I took Barbri and they have guideline how you can use it. If you like, I can pm my notes if you still have problem.
Hopefully the OP hasn't been preping for the bar exam for 2.5 years.

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Sat May 20, 2017 5:32 pm

I followed Barbri's guidelines on this and did well on the MPT. I don't think additional practice beyond what Babri recommends is needed unless you're really struggling with the MPT.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:24 pm

I'm in Cali and I think people miss such easy points on the PT. If you even put it some time you'll see dividends. Get the red MPT book, use that method and I think you'd be fine.

mimim8

New

Post by mimim8 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:22 am

rcharter1978 wrote:I'm in Cali and I think people miss such easy points on the PT. If you even put it some time you'll see dividends. Get the red MPT book, use that method and I think you'd be fine.

the red mpt book? can you share the name please? thanks!

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:36 am

mimim8 wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:I'm in Cali and I think people miss such easy points on the PT. If you even put it some time you'll see dividends. Get the red MPT book, use that method and I think you'd be fine.

the red mpt book? can you share the name please? thanks!
It's called something like "How to perform your best on the MPT" by a woman named Mary ghallegar. The book has a good system to organize information, and it has various templates and explanations. I thought it was excellent and I used her matrix system during the bar.

flawedargument

New

Post by flawedargument » Sun May 21, 2017 11:51 am

I recall doing 2 or 3 MPT practices. Enough to get a feel for timing and structure. It's worth it even if you are a good and fast writer. That way, there will be no surprises in the middle of the bar examination.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dovlet

New

Post by dovlet » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:04 pm

BigZuck wrote:
dovlet wrote:I took Barbri and they have guideline how you can use it. If you like, I can pm my notes if you still have problem.
Hopefully the OP hasn't been preping for the bar exam for 2.5 years.
I took Bar exam twice.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:48 am

In preparing for the CBX this time, I did all of the PTs on the NCBE site. The time before, I did all of the PTs posted on the CalBar site. It's important to practice time management.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”