Will I pass Character & Fitness in NY? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
throwawayanon

New

Will I pass Character & Fitness in NY?

Post by throwawayanon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:48 pm

d
Last edited by throwawayanon on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

throwawayanon

New

Re: Will I pass Character & Fitness in NY?

Post by throwawayanon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:02 pm

d
Last edited by throwawayanon on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

throwawayanon

New

Post by throwawayanon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Admins, maybe this should be moved to "Legal Employment" since it isn't actually about bar exam prep (already taken and passed the bar). Sorry.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:02 pm

This forum is for all bar-related discussion (hence the "and Discussion") so it's fine.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:09 pm

I don't know for certain, but so long as it is that one isolated incident, I think there's only a small chance you wouldn't pass the C&F. If I were a committee member, I wouldn't "fail" you. I honestly don't think it's that bad.

Assuming your law school asked a similar question, did you disclose it to your law school?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

throwawayanon

New

Post by throwawayanon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:21 pm

encore1101 wrote:I don't know for certain, but so long as it is that one isolated incident, I think there's only a small chance you wouldn't pass the C&F. If I were a committee member, I wouldn't "fail" you. I honestly don't think it's that bad.

Assuming your law school asked a similar question, did you disclose it to your law school?
My LS didn't ask that question--they only asked about academic violations at the college level or above. (I actually just logged into LSAC to make sure--they didn't even ask the name of my high school). I definitely would have disclosed this, since I remember being worried about it back then, but it very clearly wasn't asked about, so, no, I didn't disclose anything.

mvsw

New

Post by mvsw » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:53 am

I think you will be fine if you disclose it and are honest about what happened. It was a long time ago, you were young, you didn't do it again, and you disclosed (or will disclose) it. I wouldn't think it would be an issue. To me C&F has always been more about trustworthiness, and the bar (no pun intended) seems pretty low based on the stories you hear about people who have passed C&F.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah, I think you're fine then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”