Has anyone started doing practice exams?

cndounda1985

Has anyone started doing practice exams?

Postby cndounda1985 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 am

I've done 10 so far, started early November but I still feel like i'm struggling with being concise and making sense. I'm working with a tutor, that's why I've done that many. I hate practicing exam writing but everyone says that's the only way to truly pass. Urgh...sorry kinda frustrated.

TheLegalOne

Re: Has anyone started doing practice exams?

Postby TheLegalOne » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:21 pm

cndounda1985 wrote:I've done 10 so far, started early November but I still feel like i'm struggling with being concise and making sense. I'm working with a tutor, that's why I've done that many. I hate practicing exam writing but everyone says that's the only way to truly pass. Urgh...sorry kinda frustrated.

Yes, I have completed a handful of Contracts essays. I'm using Themis (CA Bar). I'll submit my first one for feedback today. I keep telling myself that It will be tough at the start but it's better to struggle now than on test day when it really counts.

OklahomasOK

Re: Has anyone started doing practice exams?

Postby OklahomasOK » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:03 am

cndounda1985 wrote:I've done 10 so far, started early November but I still feel like i'm struggling with being concise and making sense. I'm working with a tutor, that's why I've done that many. I hate practicing exam writing but everyone says that's the only way to truly pass. Urgh...sorry kinda frustrated.

No. You'll get burnt out pretty quick if you're trying to write perfect essays. Spot the issues, CREAC/ IRAC, move on. The majority of my essays (Texas) were:

"X should form an LLC to enjoy limited liability...blah"
"At issue is what type of business organization Paul and Monique should form"
"LLC's enjoy the benefits of X, Y, Z." "Downside is A & B"... etc.
"Paul and Monique should form an LLC so they enjoy limited..."

That's about it. You shouldn't be aiming for perfect at this point, or at any point really. Spot the issues and outline your answers and move on. Being concise and hammering down your timing will come later. Don't fret about it now.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”