Barmax App Issues - Warning

Elms

Barmax App Issues - Warning

Postby Elms » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:00 pm

If you're going to purchase the full version of Barmax, just be warned that it's full of glitches and typos. The lectures are decent and the fact that there are real MBE practice questions is great, but the outlines and flash cards are riddled with obvious typos that a simple spell check run would have caught. This makes me wonder where else they have done sloppy work.

Additionally, there is some glitch where the flashcards are all sorted incorrectly. So, for example, when you try to open a set of flash cards in the crim law module you get a random set of mixed up contracts cards. I emailed support and got no answer, then called support and was treated very rudely and told there would be a fix in a day or so. Then I got an email saying it would be fixed in 5-7 days, but they could download a test patch on my iPad. The test patch isn't working and fixing that is clearly not a priority for their support team.

I think the idea of a bar review course on an iPad is fabulous, and the concept of the program overall is sound, but Barmax needs to step up their editing, tech support, and customer service. Just be forewarned of that before purchasing if you decide to buy their app.

JDMBALLMMS

Re: Barmax App Issues - Warning

Postby JDMBALLMMS » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:43 pm

I am having the same horrendous nightmare with the Barmax App that I am not trusting it for my prep. :shock:

Elms

Postby Elms » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:03 am

JDMBALLMMS wrote:I am having the same horrendous nightmare with the Barmax App that I am not trusting it for my prep. :shock:

It's awful. They STILL haven't updated the app and added the civ pro questions. They finally sent an email out admitting the problems, but only said they would be updating the app "soon." When is soon? They give no details. It's great that they are 1/4 the price of Barbri, but I'm starting to see that there's a definite reason that they're so much cheaper. The quality of service and product is awful.

Elms

Postby Elms » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:38 pm

The saga continues... The Beneficiaries' Interest lecture in my California Barmax app is a lecture on NEW YORK law.

Is bar prep a joke to Barmax? Because I don't think this is funny. What a sloppy system. And they seem unconcerned and don't even apologize when you contact them to complain!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”