2015 February California Bar Exam

aretoodeetoo
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:05 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby aretoodeetoo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:33 am

Doubt that will make or break you.

User avatar
elijah54594
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:53 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby elijah54594 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:55 am

Won't make or break you, but an easy five points is an easy five points. Just make sure to hit it thursday :-)

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:06 am

Nah I'm sure it's not a big deal. But at least I got that right.
Prob the only 5 points I got.
Keep thinking of the the straight GARBAGE that I spewed onto that test yesterday. I don't want to take this a 4th time you guys.

User avatar
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 am

damn, that was worth 5 points??? i missed it :(

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:37 am

Oh no idea how many points it's actually worth. I'm sure your memo and analysis kicked it outta the park, don't worry.

auds1008
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby auds1008 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Annnnd I thought the real MBE was easier than most from bar reviews.... maybe in the afternoon...

aretoodeetoo
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:05 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby aretoodeetoo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 pm

holy fuck, maybe it's mental fatigue but that was the longest 3 hours of my life. fuck. hotel is so key right now. another three hours to go too. what is going on.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:13 pm

aretoodeetoo wrote:what is going on.

> taking the bar

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Furball wrote:
a male human wrote:I forgot PT was next. Don't forget to round up those facts and shove under the law. Have fun :)

HOW DO I PT???
ISSUE (SORT OF GIVEN TO YOU IN THE ASSIGNMENT)

RULE RULE RULE (PULLING OUT CASE LAW--YOU DID THIS EVERY DAY IN LAW SCHOOL IF YOU WERE A TURBO NERD OR AT LEAST I DID)

FACTS FACTS FACTS (LOST CHILDREN WHO NEED TO FIND THEIR PARENTS AKA THE RULE, CORRAL THOSE SNIVELLY LITTLE TURDS AND STOP THEM FROM CRYING JESUS)
FACTS
MORE FACTS
USE THE WORD "BECAUSE" TO CONNECT FACTS TO FACTS AND FACTS TO LAW

CONCLUDE (WITH A SHORT SUMMARY OF YOUR ARGUMENT IF YOU CAN)

REPEAT!

WAIT, THAT'S THE SAME AS AN ESSAY! YEAH EXCEPT THE ANALYSIS IS GONNA BE LONGER AND ISSUES AND RULES PROVIDED TO YOU

HOW DO I TIMING???
75 MINUTES OF OUTLINING--EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE FILE AND LIBRARY (I WOULD CHECK OUT THE SMALLER BOOKLET FIRST, THOUGH)
PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN AND CLOSE YOUR EYES FOR 5 MINUTES AS YOU CONTEMPLATE YOUR LIFE (OR CLEAR YOUR HEAD WHATEVER)
90 MINUTES OF WRITING
THAT DOESN'T ADD UP! USE THE REMAINING 10 MINUTES TO PROOFREAD OR DRINK WATER OR REST MORE OR GO TO THE BATHROOM AND RUB ONE OUT OR ITCH THE DITCH; THE RULES DON'T FORBID IT

MAKE IT EASY ON THE GRADER AND USE UNDERLINED OR BOLDED HEADNOTES. NOT WRITING GIANT PARAGRAPHS HELPS TOO

AND DON'T COPY LARGE CHUNKS OF TEXT BECAUSE THAT GOT PEOPLE INTO TROUBLE WITH SHITTY SOFTEST

TRY TO HAVE FUN LIKE IT'S A REAL CASE AND LOOK FORWARD TO DINNER AND SHITPOSTING ON TLS LATER TONIGHT



LOL if you ever get sick of being an attorney, maybe think about going into comedy b/c you're hilarious!

This is how I keep my email subscribers on the list long after they've passed the bar :)
(I think)

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby JJDancer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Good luck everyone!

Keep chugging on!

Back to essays and PTs tomorrow.

I know I definitely benefited from printing out various types of PTs and just glancing through them to get the structure.

You got it!

You can pass, you will pass!!

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Alright so what's the consensus on the one subject for tomorrow? Do we expect it or has it been handled already?

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 pm

JJDancer wrote:Good luck everyone!

Keep chugging on!

Back to essays and PTs tomorrow.

I know I definitely benefited from printing out various types of PTs and just glancing through them to get the structure.

You got it!

You can pass, you will pass!!


Do you think they reuse PT styles from day 1 to day 3? Or is it always a new PT format each time? Cause if it's the latter, I can completely disregard what we had on Tuesday and look at formatting only for tomorrow on the other 8-9 types or whatever it is.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:43 pm

Sorry to butt in but formats can be anything.

See 2013 July, which had two objective memos.
Cf. 2012 February, which had a closing argument? It's the one where you play the criminal prosecutor or defendant.

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:46 pm

a male human wrote:Sorry to butt in but formats can be anything.

See 2013 July, which had two objective memos.
Cf. 2012 February, which had a closing argument? It's the one where you play the criminal prosecutor or defendant.


Ah, good to know, thanks! You're not butting in btw.

Closing arguments sounds somewhat fun. I'll just pretend I'm Mike Ross from Suits. Not Harvey, cause he's a bit too cocky and I don't want the grader to hate me.

arizzle
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby arizzle » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:50 pm

So I thought the essays and PT yesterday were easier than expected. I thought the MBE today was 10 times harder than expected.

Who's with me?

AguasAguas!
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby AguasAguas! » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Looking @ BarSecrets' predictions ... tomorrow could be: Pro Res (well duh), Con Law, Wills/Community Property, Remedies (I'd say unlikely since Contracts is now gone), Evidence. Now if only I can muster up the energy to study.

Barbarbara
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Barbarbara » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:08 pm

AguasAguas! wrote:Looking @ BarSecrets' predictions ... tomorrow could be: Pro Res (well duh), Con Law, Wills/Community Property, Remedies (I'd say unlikely since Contracts is now gone), Evidence. Now if only I can muster up the energy to study.


Pretty sure we covered Remedies yesterday. Also PR was on the PT, so will that be covered again?

User avatar
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Barbarbara wrote:
AguasAguas! wrote:Looking @ BarSecrets' predictions ... tomorrow could be: Pro Res (well duh), Con Law, Wills/Community Property, Remedies (I'd say unlikely since Contracts is now gone), Evidence. Now if only I can muster up the energy to study.


Pretty sure we covered Remedies yesterday. Also PR was on the PT, so will that be covered again?

I've been wondering this as well. Did the PT count as PR?

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby zabagabe » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
Barbarbara wrote:
AguasAguas! wrote:Looking @ BarSecrets' predictions ... tomorrow could be: Pro Res (well duh), Con Law, Wills/Community Property, Remedies (I'd say unlikely since Contracts is now gone), Evidence. Now if only I can muster up the energy to study.


Pretty sure we covered Remedies yesterday. Also PR was on the PT, so will that be covered again?

I've been wondering this as well. Did the PT count as PR?


I had thought that we weren't generally supposed to apply outside law to the questions on the PTs? For example, since it's fictional Columbia, how would we even know what rules of PR apply apart from what we're given?

arizzle wrote:So I thought the essays and PT yesterday were easier than expected. I thought the MBE today was 10 times harder than expected.

Who's with me?


Totally the same. I went into Essays thinking, ok, just hoping for a pass, and walked out feeling pretty decent. Went into the MBE thinking "this is my strength!" and walked out wanting to self-immolate... (er, wait, that's what just happened during the test...)

melvinIII
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby melvinIII » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:
Barbarbara wrote:
AguasAguas! wrote:Looking @ BarSecrets' predictions ... tomorrow could be: Pro Res (well duh), Con Law, Wills/Community Property, Remedies (I'd say unlikely since Contracts is now gone), Evidence. Now if only I can muster up the energy to study.


Pretty sure we covered Remedies yesterday. Also PR was on the PT, so will that be covered again?

I've been wondering this as well. Did the PT count as PR?


The last time PR wasn't tested in an essay was July 2007. It may not be a full PR essay but we're virtually guaranteed to see at least a crossover.

User avatar
Judge Philip Banks
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:36 pm

In addition to the high likelihood of professional responsibility tomorrow, what do you all think about the possibility for remedies (or remedies hybrid) tomorrow? I think remedies has been tested the last 4 bar exams.

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby zabagabe » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:43 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:In addition to the high likelihood of professional responsibility tomorrow, what do you all think about the possibility for remedies (or remedies hybrid) tomorrow? I think remedies has been tested the last 4 bar exams.


I thought we had enough of that yesterday to have had it covered? Half of the first question was basically remedies...?

jinxmelucky22
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby jinxmelucky22 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:52 pm

The MBEs were super hard! I actually am pretty sure that we were not supposed to use PR on the PT though. I think they might have been trying to tempt us to go there but they were trying to see who would follow directions. At least that's what I'm hoping because I really don't feel like there was enough law in the library for all the subjects they wanted addressed.

Anybody have predictions on what percentage of those MBEs were pretty shaky? I'd say like, 70%. Seriously. I probably was only confident on 30% and complete shots in the dark on 10%.

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:57 pm

jinxmelucky22 wrote:The MBEs were super hard! I actually am pretty sure that we were not supposed to use PR on the PT though. I think they might have been trying to tempt us to go there but they were trying to see who would follow directions. At least that's what I'm hoping because I really don't feel like there was enough law in the library for all the subjects they wanted addressed.

Anybody have predictions on what percentage of those MBEs were pretty shaky? I'd say like, 70%. Seriously. I probably was only confident on 30% and complete shots in the dark on 10%.


Yeah I can count on one hand the number of questions that I answered and though "oh yeah I got that one". That was the hardest mbe ever.

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Elms » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:59 pm

That MBE was some serious bullshit.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests