2015 February California Bar Exam

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby ringdabell » Sun May 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Just passed this past Friday!! :D Now trying to file my moral character app.
Do you know if they contact my past employers? I worked for professors at law school. Many left the school since. I don't know how this will work out?
If they do contact, do they send forms/questionnaires like they do for personal references?
(I am trying to list my law school as the employer, but not sure how this can play out if forms must be filled out). Would really appreciate any insight. Thanks! (Feel free to PM me too)

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Sun May 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Now that the excitement of results is somewhat dying down, is anyone willing to donate any past essays they received back? They will go into my free essay bank for students looking to study with real answers. Thank you!

(Elms, I'm still waiting for elbow pix btw)

cndounda1985
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:31 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby cndounda1985 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:52 pm

a male human wrote:Now that the excitement of results is somewhat dying down, is anyone willing to donate any past essays they received back? They will go into my free essay bank for students looking to study with real answers. Thank you!

(Elms, I'm still waiting for elbow pix btw)
Do

Was wondering do you still have coupon code for barexamessays.com? Thx

arizzle
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby arizzle » Sun May 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

duskfall
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby duskfall » Sun May 17, 2015 7:10 pm

arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby ringdabell » Sun May 17, 2015 9:03 pm

duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).

PennJD83
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby PennJD83 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:35 pm

ringdabell wrote:
duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).


No, that's not true. You don't get anything

PennJD83
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby PennJD83 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:36 pm

ringdabell wrote:
duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).


No, that's not true. You only get a congrats letter and info on how the swearing in ceremony

comet_halley
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:46 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby comet_halley » Sun May 17, 2015 10:22 pm

PennJD83 wrote:
ringdabell wrote:
duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).


No, that's not true. You only get a congrats letter and info on how the swearing in ceremony


You can send $25 dollars to NCBE to learn whether you can waive in ND(150) , MN(145) and DC(133).

pineapple99
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:16 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby pineapple99 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:27 pm

PennJD83 wrote:
ringdabell wrote:
duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).


No, that's not true. You don't get anything



You can ask ncbe for score advisory. They will tell you if you auto pass in dc Minnesota or south Dakota. Granted you won't know your exact score but you can figure out ur range. For instance, I think dc is 133 mbe and Dakota is like 150. Costs 25 dollars.

arizzle
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby arizzle » Sun May 17, 2015 10:44 pm

pineapple99 wrote:
PennJD83 wrote:
ringdabell wrote:
duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).


No, that's not true. You don't get anything



You can ask ncbe for score advisory. They will tell you if you auto pass in dc Minnesota or south Dakota. Granted you won't know your exact score but you can figure out ur range. For instance, I think dc is 133 mbe and Dakota is like 150. Costs 25 dollars.



So there is no way to find out your written score? I find that extremely obnoxious. Obviously I'm thrilled I passed, but after all that time, effort, and brain fuckery.........I want to know how I did on each essay/PT.

pineapple99
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:16 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby pineapple99 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:51 pm

arizzle wrote:
pineapple99 wrote:
PennJD83 wrote:
ringdabell wrote:
duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).


No, that's not true. You don't get anything





You can ask ncbe for score advisory. They will tell you if you auto pass in dc Minnesota or south Dakota. Granted you won't know your exact score but you can figure out ur range. For instance, I think dc is 133 mbe and Dakota is like 150. Costs 25 dollars.



So there is no way to find out your written score? I find that extremely obnoxious. Obviously I'm thrilled I passed, but after all that time, effort, and brain fuckery.........I want to know how I did on each essay/PT.


Nope. But if you get I think in like top 2% after passing on first or second try you may get invited to be a grader if you live in Bay Area. So that way you would know you did really well.

duskfall
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby duskfall » Mon May 18, 2015 2:15 am

arizzle wrote:
pineapple99 wrote:
PennJD83 wrote:
ringdabell wrote:
duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).


No, that's not true. You don't get anything



You can ask ncbe for score advisory. They will tell you if you auto pass in dc Minnesota or south Dakota. Granted you won't know your exact score but you can figure out ur range. For instance, I think dc is 133 mbe and Dakota is like 150. Costs 25 dollars.



So there is no way to find out your written score? I find that extremely obnoxious. Obviously I'm thrilled I passed, but after all that time, effort, and brain fuckery.........I want to know how I did on each essay/PT.



You could probably tell them u cheated and they'll generate a fail letter, in which case you would get a breakdown. Probably get a little more too.

pineapple99
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:16 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby pineapple99 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:35 am

duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:
pineapple99 wrote:
PennJD83 wrote:
ringdabell wrote:
duskfall wrote:
arizzle wrote:Can someone confirm whether you get a break down of your scores if you passed?


Thanks!

You get no score, just a letter saying you passed



I am pretty sure you get the MBE Score at least (without the breakdown).


No, that's not true. You don't get anything



You can ask ncbe for score advisory. They will tell you if you auto pass in dc Minnesota or south Dakota. Granted you won't know your exact score but you can figure out ur range. For instance, I think dc is 133 mbe and Dakota is like 150. Costs 25 dollars.



So there is no way to find out your written score? I find that extremely obnoxious. Obviously I'm thrilled I passed, but after all that time, effort, and brain fuckery.........I want to know how I did on each essay/PT.



You could probably tell them u cheated and they'll generate a fail letter, in which case you would get a breakdown. Probably get a little more too.


:shock:

Biotech
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Biotech » Mon May 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Needed 4 points.

All scores stayed the same except PT A went up from 65 to a 70. Lowest score 50 on essay 4 - was I even writing in English I wonder??

MBE 1496.

I hate hate hate this test.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Mon May 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Biotech wrote:Needed 4 points.

All scores stayed the same except PT A went up from 65 to a 70. Lowest score 50 on essay 4 - was I even writing in English I wonder??

MBE 1496.

I hate hate hate this test.

Did you get any averaged scores?

-- trigger warning --

If you had gotten the more lenient graders you might have passed. That's fucked up!

Biotech
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Biotech » Mon May 18, 2015 4:05 pm

a male human wrote:
Biotech wrote:Did you get any averaged scores?

-- trigger warning --

If you had gotten the more lenient graders you might have passed. That's fucked up!


Just PT A - 67.5 so yeah if I had gotten the 70 to begin with it probably would have put me over since PTs are double the points. Feb 2016 here I come... That sounds so ridiculous lol. What a joke this test has made of this part of my life.

CAWondering86
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby CAWondering86 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:26 pm

That sucks man. I haven't checked mine yet. But last time I failed by 30 and felt pretty frustrated. I can only imagine how it must feel to not make it by 4.

hotsummer
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:58 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby hotsummer » Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Is there anyone who previously took the exam at Ontario Convention Center? Could you please share your experience there (about the test center itself, not so much about parking or hotel, etc.)?

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby 071816 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:31 pm

hotsummer wrote:Is there anyone who previously took the exam at Ontario Convention Center? Could you please share your experience there (about the test center itself, not so much about parking or hotel, etc.)?

I don't even know how I saw this post, but I took it there july 2014. it was basically just a huge room with a bunch of tables. pretty standard. I honestly am not sure what else I can tell you unless you have specific questions.

hotsummer
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:58 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby hotsummer » Mon May 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Thank you very much for your reply!
I think I heard some people saying that it's very near by the airport so that the whole center gets shaken frequently, very noisy, etc.etc. not so much ideal for taking the exam. But I wasn't completely sure if they were talking about the Ontario convention center, so wanted to double check... I guess when you were taking it, you didn't feel that way...?

chimp wrote:
hotsummer wrote:Is there anyone who previously took the exam at Ontario Convention Center? Could you please share your experience there (about the test center itself, not so much about parking or hotel, etc.)?

I don't even know how I saw this post, but I took it there july 2014. it was basically just a huge room with a bunch of tables. pretty standard. I honestly am not sure what else I can tell you unless you have specific questions.
Last edited by hotsummer on Mon May 18, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby 071816 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:49 pm

no problem. I used earplugs so if there was any extra noise I didn't hear any of it. you'll be so in the zone that you probably won't even notice outside noise during the exam. I didn't have any of those issues at Ontario. the thing I liked about taking it there was that parking was easy and the area isn't very congested so it made for a less stressful environment than taking it in LA in my opinion. if you live near Ontario I would definitely recommend taking the exam there.

hotsummer
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:58 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby hotsummer » Mon May 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Thank you!!

So, many people share the huge long table?
Also, it doesn't seem like you stayed at the hotel, but if you know any, could you recommend one you heard of/or saw as the closest to the center?

chimp wrote:no problem. I used earplugs so if there was any extra noise I didn't hear any of it. you'll be so in the zone that you probably won't even notice outside noise during the exam. I didn't have any of those issues at Ontario. the thing I liked about taking it there was that parking was easy and the area isn't very congested so it made for a less stressful environment than taking it in LA in my opinion. if you live near Ontario I would definitely recommend taking the exam there.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby 071816 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:01 pm

hotsummer wrote:Thank you!!

So, many people share the huge long table?
Also, it doesn't seem like you stayed at the hotel, but if you know any, could you recommend one you heard of/or saw as the closest to the center?

pretty much. there were a bunch of long tables, but there was plenty of room between me and the people on either side of me. I didn't stay at a hotel, but I have a couple of friends who did. one of them stayed at the best western right next to the convention center and he seemed to be happy with it from what I could tell. there are a bunch of hotels within walking distance. a google maps search should provide you with lots of options.

morescotchplease
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:46 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby morescotchplease » Mon May 18, 2015 6:04 pm

hotsummer wrote:Thank you!!

So, many people share the huge long table?
Also, it doesn't seem like you stayed at the hotel, but if you know any, could you recommend one you heard of/or saw as the closest to the center?

chimp wrote:no problem. I used earplugs so if there was any extra noise I didn't hear any of it. you'll be so in the zone that you probably won't even notice outside noise during the exam. I didn't have any of those issues at Ontario. the thing I liked about taking it there was that parking was easy and the area isn't very congested so it made for a less stressful environment than taking it in LA in my opinion. if you live near Ontario I would definitely recommend taking the exam there.


I just took it in February in Ontario. Only thing I would say is that it was pretty chilly inside the center. Maybe this won't be the case in July but during one of my session I started shivering and it really affected my typing and concentration. Didn't have any issues with airplane noise or any other noise. I also liked it because it was less congested than I thought. I stayed in a hotel about 5 minutes away (1 fwy exit). It was through hotwire. I liked it there better than one of those walking distance hotels. I liked that I can leave stuff in the car and hang out there during lunch breaks.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chuckfin0808, criminaltheory, mmmm and 8 guests