2015 February California Bar Exam

Elms

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Elms » Fri May 15, 2015 9:39 pm

Passed.

So sorry to hear about those of you that failed. All I can say is this exam is so stupid, and I hope those of you who decide to try again will make it next time. Thank you to all of you for all your encouragement and help over the last few months.

redblueyellow

Postby redblueyellow » Fri May 15, 2015 9:42 pm

Previous July retakers: For those that have jobs or other lengthy commitments during the day, how does one effectively fit in study time from May to July? What did your schedule look like? Did you get additional time off work?

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri May 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Biotech wrote:Failed

lawladylaw wrote:FAAAAIIIILED

redblueyellow wrote:Well, good thing I still have my books....

gaagoots wrote:bad news for me..I failed and God I feel stupid now.

Sorry :( Don't feel stupid. Just gotta find a method to this madness. Let me know if I can help.

honeyluv2 wrote:I passed! I could not have done it without this board. I was so distraught the week before the exam and everyone calmed me down....Helped me focus. Thanks!!!

CA-Hoosier wrote:I failed last time, passed this time. DON'T GIVE UP, you can do it.

Used Themis for MBE questions and the 2013 BarBri Conviser for literally everything else.

Congratulations passers!

melvinIII wrote:I passed, thanks to everyone on this board for the moral support leading up to the exam.

Gaucho wrote:Passed. TLS was instrumental when applying to LS, during exams, the job search, studying for the bar the FIRST time around, and lifting & motivating me to pass the second time around.

If you didn't get it this time, pause. Reflect. Get some mental separation from today. Then once you get your score report, you can begin the process of focusing and refining your skills to pass on the next go-around.

This is my last post for TLS. Again, a big salute to all who contribute. It's not said enough here, but you are appreciated.

PennJD83 wrote:PASSED!

Congrats!

thirdtimer wrote:I passed as third timer. First and second timers...don't give up...you can do it...

Awesome! Never give up (unless you decide to)!

Elms wrote:Passed.

So sorry to hear about those of you that failed. All I can say is this exam is so stupid, and I hope those of you who decide to try again will make it next time. Thank you to all of you for all your encouragement and help over the last few months.

Congrats! Awaiting pic(s)

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Fri May 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Elms wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:Argh, I am getting sick to my stomach waiting. I didn't feel this way waiting for my New York bar exam results - those I felt pretty confident about. But I don't feel confident at all about this. The worst part is, I thought the results were being released in 15 minutes, and then I realized that the results come out at 6 PM PST, meaning 9 PM here on the east coast. Ugh.

Oooof, that would make me so mad!

(I mean, I plan to be drinking at 6:01 p.m. either way- whether it's to celebrate or to drown my sorrows. I wouldn't want to have to wait until 9 p.m.!!!)

To add insult to injury, I was getting on a train around 9 and my mom was supposed to check for me, but she forgot and went out so I had to wait until 9:08 to get my results. But I am happy to report that I passed.

Congrats to everyone else who passed and condolences to those who didn't.

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Fri May 15, 2015 9:52 pm

FWIW, the Dean of Stanford Law School failed at least once, maybe twice. You have nothing to feel stupid about.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Postby SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri May 15, 2015 9:58 pm

What's the likelihood that not being on the applicant-only list was a mistake? :(

gaagoots

Postby gaagoots » Fri May 15, 2015 9:58 pm

democrattotheend wrote:

FWIW, the Dean of Stanford Law School failed at least once, maybe twice. You have nothing to feel stupid about.

Oh crap I do, but I am so mad at myself for failing. I will be in San Diego and re-take. I am not letting this test define me.

BobbyBooBoo

Postby BobbyBooBoo » Fri May 15, 2015 9:59 pm

Passed on my 2nd try!

Sorry for those who didn't pass, it's a dumb exam, it tests your ability to deal with stress more than anything else.

reasonable troll

Postby reasonable troll » Fri May 15, 2015 10:15 pm

BobbyBooBoo wrote:Passed on my 2nd try!

Sorry for those who didn't pass, it's a dumb exam, it tests your ability to deal with stress more than anything else.

2oldfts

Postby 2oldfts » Fri May 15, 2015 10:20 pm

Any info on the pass rates? Congrats to the passers (it is a great feeling isnt it) and condolences to those who didnt make it this time

tiesto82

Postby tiesto82 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:24 pm

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/AboutUs/News/T ... 01510.aspx

39.5% overall (47% first timers; 36% repeaters)

hotsummer

Postby hotsummer » Fri May 15, 2015 10:35 pm

So, is it true that no more seats available for laptop exam takers in Los Angeles area or Pasadena???

Biotech

Postby Biotech » Fri May 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Handwriting isn't that bad. My best score was handwritten at 8 months pregnant. Truly it's the MBE curve that matters. That and getting your best read the first time. I'm done. I'm sitting out July. I'll take February somewhere that does a normal two day exam. And I don't think I'll ever say to anyone who doesn't already know that I ever took the CBX.

Elms

Postby Elms » Fri May 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Fwiw I handwrote and passed.

TitoSantana

Postby TitoSantana » Fri May 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Passed!!! Thank you Baby Jesus!!!

PennJD83

Postby PennJD83 » Fri May 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Thank you to everyone who helped me through this process! Time to get drunk :D

TitoSantana

Postby TitoSantana » Fri May 15, 2015 11:18 pm

Just wondering, did the s^#% talkers pass?

PennJD83

Postby PennJD83 » Fri May 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Also if anyone has questions or just needs support, feel free to PM me. My scaled score was a 1264.22... last July (I know...pretty shitty). I'm more than willing to disclose my study method.

zabagabe

Postby zabagabe » Fri May 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Somehow, through a miracle, I passed. (although I won't believe it until I get the letter...)

My sincere, sincere sympathies to those of you on the other end of the seemingly completely random roll of the dice. This is exam process is brutal, and I hope CA is forced to go the UBE route of other states so that there's not such ridiculous unfairness in the future. It's such an arbitrary exercise, with seemingly no logic to the outcome.

s1m4

Postby s1m4 » Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 pm

In spite of lawiscool, I passed.

Although I am extremely relieved, the whole process has left me very jaded. If anyone did not pass - Ive been there, and I feel for you. I made substantial preparations for myself in the (what I believed to be) likely scenario that I did not pass. If you would like to discuss, or just vent, please feel free to write me a PM.

Thank you guys for being here with me.

a male human

Postby a male human » Sat May 16, 2015 12:11 am

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:What's the likelihood that not being on the applicant-only list was a mistake? :(

CA is pretty good with the accuracy :(

democrattotheend wrote:To add insult to injury, I was getting on a train around 9 and my mom was supposed to check for me, but she forgot and went out so I had to wait until 9:08 to get my results. But I am happy to report that I passed.

Congrats to everyone else who passed and condolences to those who didn't.

BobbyBooBoo wrote:Passed on my 2nd try!

TitoSantana wrote:Passed!!! Thank you Baby Jesus!!!

PennJD83 wrote:Thank you to everyone who helped me through this process! Time to get drunk :D

zabagabe wrote:Somehow, through a miracle, I passed. (although I won't believe it until I get the letter...)

My sincere, sincere sympathies to those of you on the other end of the seemingly completely random roll of the dice. This is exam process is brutal, and I hope CA is forced to go the UBE route of other states so that there's not such ridiculous unfairness in the future. It's such an arbitrary exercise, with seemingly no logic to the outcome.

s1m4 wrote:In spite of lawiscool, I passed.

Although I am extremely relieved, the whole process has left me very jaded. If anyone did not pass - Ive been there, and I feel for you. I made substantial preparations for myself in the (what I believed to be) likely scenario that I did not pass. If you would like to discuss, or just vent, please feel free to write me a PM.

Thank you guys for being here with me.

Sweet!!

jayinca

Postby jayinca » Sat May 16, 2015 12:20 am

Anybody thinking about skipping the July 2015 and retake Feb 2016? I'm too devastated, and while I will wait for the mail to evaluate how bad I was, I simply do not have the power to go on. Let alone the fact that I would need to grap a job, anything, asap.

Those who are planning to take the Feb 2016, when are you going to start? I'm scared that this is the beginning of years of cold winters to come.

morescotchplease

Postby morescotchplease » Sat May 16, 2015 12:31 am

Sorry for those you didn't pass. I can only imagine how deflating it is...I wasn't sure how I would have had the energy/motivation to study again if I didn't pass. As others mentioned, I am more than willing to share what I did and what worked for me so feel free to pm me. Congrats to everyone else who came out on top!

pineapple99

Postby pineapple99 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:55 am

I passed. 2nd try. For those that didn't, don't give up. If I can pass, anyone can. Let's just say I was not on law review or anything close in law school. I walked out feeling really confident during the first time. Failed. I hired a tutor the second time which I thought made the difference. PM me if you are looking for info. I also found adaptibar really helpful.

Yvonnella

Postby Yvonnella » Sat May 16, 2015 1:25 am

Passed!! :D

Second time for me. The CBX can be won. Don't ever give up.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”