2015 February California Bar Exam

s1m4
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby s1m4 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Wonderwoman:

I like this quote a lot: I learned years ago that if the cornerstone of your hope is luck, you're in deep trouble.

But, I dont think anyone, except maybe lawiscool, can be certain they passed...

I may wait for the letter - my reasoning is that last time when I failed, when I got the scores showing me how close I was, I genuinely felt better. Also, I want to postpone telling the partners at work, if I failed again :(

nomorecbx
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby nomorecbx » Fri May 15, 2015 1:13 pm

It's been a tough ride for everyone. We've all experienced a roller coaster of emotions: pain, frustration, guilt, depression, you name it. Heck, even PTSD for some. It's tough. This is my second time taking the exam, so I'm on the same boat as most of you. I thought going through the first exam waiting period would have made the second time easier, but it's not. It's probably even more nerve wracking than the first time. No matter what happens tonight (I remind myself first), let's remember the bigger and better things in life we're been blessed with. It sounds cliche, and it is. But there's truth to this, and in moments of stress (like failing), we're blind to its timeless wisdom. Putting things in perspective, I feel privileged and blessed to take the CA Bar Exam when many can't. You should all be proud of yourselves too, no matter what happens. You went to f****** law school! Friends have told me how much they envy me, and wish they could've gone to law school, let alone take the bar exam. So, I wish you all the very best. I honest to God hope that at the very least, everyone on this forum will pass. Best of luck and I hope to see you on the other side of the bar!
Last edited by nomorecbx on Fri May 15, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PennJD83
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby PennJD83 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Amen!

CAWondering86
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby CAWondering86 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:33 pm

I think looking forward helps. If I don't make it, I'm registering again, and not doing the bar prep lectures and stuff. I feel the completion percentage and scare tactics actually work against me. I'm just going to focus on my weaknesses, if/when I get my scores back. Last time it was PTs, and I felt I couldn't devote as much time to it, because of the stupid percentage completion on themis and my inherent need to try and keep up with schedule. It messed with my mind again this time and I didn't devote enough time to writing mechanics.

This exam just sucks though. When other states complain about the bar passage percentages going down from an 80% to 73% we have something like a 48% to a 38% drop looming :/.

cndounda1985
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:31 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby cndounda1985 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:12 pm

nomorecbx wrote:It's been a tough ride for everyone. We've all experienced a roller coaster of emotions: pain, frustration, guilt, depression, you name it. Heck, even PTSD for some. It's tough. This is my second time taking the exam, so I'm on the same boat as most of you. I thought going through the first exam waiting period would have made the second time easier, but it's not. It's probably even more nerve wracking than the first time. No matter what happens tonight (I remind myself first), let's remember the bigger and better things in life we've been blessed with. It sounds cliche, and it is. But there's truth to this, and in the moment of stress (like failing), we're blind to its timeless wisdom. Putting things in perspective, I feel privileged and blessed to take the CA Bar Exam when many can't. You should all be proud of yourselves too, no matter what happens. You went to f****** law school! Friends have told me how much they envy me, and wish they could've gone to law school, let alone take the bar exam. So, I wish you all the very best. I honest to God hope that at the very least, everyone on this forum will pass. Best of luck and I hope to see you on the other side of the bar!




Thank you! Good luck to you as well. I needed to hear that this morning.

LawIsPrettyCool
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby LawIsPrettyCool » Fri May 15, 2015 2:19 pm

s1m4 wrote:Wonderwoman:

I like this quote a lot: I learned years ago that if the cornerstone of your hope is luck, you're in deep trouble.

But, I dont think anyone, except maybe lawiscool, can be certain they passed...

I may wait for the letter - my reasoning is that last time when I failed, when I got the scores showing me how close I was, I genuinely felt better. Also, I want to postpone telling the partners at work, if I failed again :(


I will pass.

And are you ok with wonderwoman's prejudicial and possibly racist remarks? You criticize my comments but let her's slip under the rug?

User avatar
reasonable troll
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby reasonable troll » Fri May 15, 2015 2:43 pm

in before anyone feeds the UNreasonable troll.

petition to refrain from feeding the troll until at least 7pm PST

jayinca
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:01 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby jayinca » Fri May 15, 2015 3:03 pm

reasonable troll wrote:in before anyone feeds the UNreasonable troll.

petition to refrain from feeding the troll until at least 7pm PST


Seconded

gaagoots
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby gaagoots » Fri May 15, 2015 3:06 pm

jayinca wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:in before anyone feeds the UNreasonable troll.

petition to refrain from feeding the troll until at least 7pm PST


Seconded



all in favor say aye

LawIsPrettyCool
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby LawIsPrettyCool » Fri May 15, 2015 3:18 pm

reasonable troll wrote:in before anyone feeds the UNreasonable troll.

petition to refrain from feeding the troll until at least 7pm PST


All in favor of not remaining silent in the face of prejudism and offensive public comments against an entire nation of people say aye.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Fri May 15, 2015 3:27 pm

I miss feeling the manic hype before d-day. You guys probably super hate this wait, but it's a kind of experience you won't get to have very often.

s1m4
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby s1m4 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:54 pm

a male human wrote:I miss feeling the manic hype before d-day. You guys probably super hate this wait, but it's a kind of experience you won't get to have very often.


I generally want to keep these kind of experiences to a minimum - this is akin to waiting for surgery, breaking up, waiting to see if your getting deported, etc. I have enough grey hairs.

LawIsPrettyCool
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby LawIsPrettyCool » Fri May 15, 2015 3:58 pm

s1m4 wrote:
a male human wrote:I miss feeling the manic hype before d-day. You guys probably super hate this wait, but it's a kind of experience you won't get to have very often.


I generally want to keep these kind of experiences to a minimum - this is akin to waiting for surgery, breaking up, waiting to see if your getting deported, etc. I have enough grey hairs.


You're*

It stands for "you are"

Biotech
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Biotech » Fri May 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I can't concentrate on anything today. I appreciate all the words of encouragement and the willingness to share the roads travelled. I hope this chapter ends on a happy note for everyone anxiously waiting on these results.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Fri May 15, 2015 5:08 pm

s1m4 wrote:
a male human wrote:I miss feeling the manic hype before d-day. You guys probably super hate this wait, but it's a kind of experience you won't get to have very often.


I generally want to keep these kind of experiences to a minimum - this is akin to waiting for surgery, breaking up, waiting to see if your getting deported, etc. I have enough grey hairs.

Well, I understand those feelings too :P

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Elms » Fri May 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Less than four hours! :shock:

morescotchplease
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:46 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby morescotchplease » Fri May 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Elms wrote:Less than four hours! :shock:


shiiiieeeeeeet :|

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby democrattotheend » Fri May 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Argh, I am getting sick to my stomach waiting. I didn't feel this way waiting for my New York bar exam results - those I felt pretty confident about. But I don't feel confident at all about this. The worst part is, I thought the results were being released in 15 minutes, and then I realized that the results come out at 6 PM PST, meaning 9 PM here on the east coast. Ugh.

arizzle
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby arizzle » Fri May 15, 2015 6:01 pm

I just bought my ticket to go see Mad Max at 6pm. I'll check results after. Who's with me?

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Elms » Fri May 15, 2015 6:10 pm

arizzle wrote:I just bought my ticket to go see Mad Max at 6pm. I'll check results after. Who's with me?


Haha, sorry, I'm out. As hard as I've been trying not to be neurotic about this stupid exam, I plan to be refreshing the pass list webpage constantly from 5:59 onwards. 8)

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Elms » Fri May 15, 2015 6:10 pm

democrattotheend wrote:Argh, I am getting sick to my stomach waiting. I didn't feel this way waiting for my New York bar exam results - those I felt pretty confident about. But I don't feel confident at all about this. The worst part is, I thought the results were being released in 15 minutes, and then I realized that the results come out at 6 PM PST, meaning 9 PM here on the east coast. Ugh.


Oooof, that would make me so mad!

(I mean, I plan to be drinking at 6:01 p.m. either way- whether it's to celebrate or to drown my sorrows. I wouldn't want to have to wait until 9 p.m.!!!)

nomorecbx
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby nomorecbx » Fri May 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Anyone else feel like shitting in their pants?

s1m4
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby s1m4 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:26 pm

nomorecbx wrote:Anyone else feel like shitting in their pants?



Lol

LawIsPrettyCool
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby LawIsPrettyCool » Fri May 15, 2015 6:28 pm

nomorecbx wrote:Anyone else feel like shitting in their pants?


No because I know I'm gonna pass so no

JahRakal
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby JahRakal » Fri May 15, 2015 6:36 pm

results are out! school just emailed... but i don't think individuals can check yet..




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LadyMary and 4 guests