2015 February California Bar Exam

PennJD83
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby PennJD83 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:15 am

My third essay was EXTREMELY short. I basically made up some rule for why the physical examination was ok and why the mental examination should not be allowed. Pulled some BS rule about subpoenaing the non party physician and something else about how the physician atty rule applies to statements made during the course of treatment. And the. I just three in the 7th amendment in there to top it all off

User avatar
tearsforbeers
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby tearsforbeers » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:15 am

Astronaut Teemo wrote:
tearsforbeers wrote:
Shout out to the sick asshole coughing a lung up a few seats away from me. The whole f'ing exam. All 3 days. Have you heard of rescue inhalers!!?? That said, time to put this exam in the rearview.

See y'all in July!


Ha.. I think i know where you sit... Second column, second section in?

The fat guy that was coughing all 3 days? Fuck that guy.


:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
tearsforbeers
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby tearsforbeers » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:18 am

PennJD83 wrote:My third essay was EXTREMELY short. I basically made up some rule for why the physical examination was ok and why the mental examination should not be allowed. Pulled some BS rule about subpoenaing the non party physician and something else about how the physician atty rule applies to statements made during the course of treatment. And the. I just three in the 7th amendment in there to top it all off



I think I did the same exact thing you did.

Phys exam ok b/c it's at issue b/c personal injury claim

Mental exam not b/c not at issue.

Jury trials guaranteed by 7th A

Demand for jury trial likely not timely b/c demand has to be made within 14(?) days of the last served paper blah blah requesting damages or something.

That essay sucked.

Astronaut Teemo
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Astronaut Teemo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:20 am

tearsforbeers wrote:
Astronaut Teemo wrote:
tearsforbeers wrote:
Shout out to the sick asshole coughing a lung up a few seats away from me. The whole f'ing exam. All 3 days. Have you heard of rescue inhalers!!?? That said, time to put this exam in the rearview.

See y'all in July!


Ha.. I think i know where you sit... Second column, second section in?

The fat guy that was coughing all 3 days? Fuck that guy.




:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Lol am I right?

Nath
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:05 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Nath » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:21 am

Astronaut Teemo wrote:
AguasAguas! wrote:Speaking of ExamSoft.. or SoftTest or whatever it's called now... that totally messed me up. Randomly it would not let me italicize so I had some cases underlined and some italicized. It would also randomly switch font styles and sizes and I was cutting and pasting. Took a lot of unnecessary time to fix all that.

I felt PT B was A LOT easier than PT A, personally. But maybe that's just because I had more preexisting knowledge of the subject.

For the essays, I felt way better about all them than in July, and I just felt really rushed for time ALL DAY today. Seemed like every essay was a race horse. I feel like I missed some remedies. I was blanking out. I didn't talk about ejectment... I through in injunction at the last moment because ... isn't it a tort remedy and that was a contract case? It just seemed to be relevant. And I did a full specific performance analysis.

That defamation (anyone else talk about the con law standards besides me?) + corps + partnership + agency essay was just a ton of crossover law to wade through. And Wills ... I couldn't figure out how to best organize that essay and kinda just word vomited the rules.

Can't believe we need to wait until MAY.


You're right an injunction is generally a tort remedy. But I remembered some practice essay I did involving the sale of a Phaeton Phantom car (of which there are only 3 in the world) which was also a sales contract but he repudiated because he wanted to ship the car to a buyer in Italy and one of those issues was an injunction/TRO.

In this case it was kind of the same thing with the 100 year old oak trees I thought. In the damages bit I think I wrote some crap about voluntary waste too so I dunno. I was grasping for straws.

I also covered constitutional defamation. Concluded that the plaintiff was a public figure but I dunno. Wasn't sure if it was right.

Wills was fucked up. Got to it late-ish just jumped right in and said both the subsequent Wills were invalid. She had no capacity for either of them. She didn't even know one was her will. But then again, who knows what they were looking for on there.

If I did moderately good on an essay, it was Q3 but again, not too sure. His objection was that a Dr wasn't a party and couldn't be deposed.Witnesses can be deposed.. They're called subpoenas. And even if there was a privilege, P in alleging negligence, put his physical state at issue and thus it didn't apply.

The jury trial was a bit weird. Didn't know the rule outright but something that tipped me off was the guy asked for a jury trial a few weeks before trial. I thought about how long it takes to empanel a jury and was like.. Nah that's not allowed. No way that ish is timely.



Jury trial in federal court for civil cases = seventh amendment

I also covered defamation, and yes constitutional limitations apply because of first amendment right of free speech, so malice and falsity are also requirements. Damages are presumed in the case.

Subpoena = nonparty can be deposed

Idk guys, PT2 killed me :( I loved PT1!! essays... 1,2,3 were ok 4 NO WAY! I hate remedies and I wasn't expecting that! 5, and 6 fine. A lot of missing points for sure, and some wrong conclusions, but who didn't do that? lol...
Good luck to all of you guys!

User avatar
tearsforbeers
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby tearsforbeers » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:26 am

Astronaut Teemo wrote:
tearsforbeers wrote:
Astronaut Teemo wrote:
tearsforbeers wrote:
Shout out to the sick asshole coughing a lung up a few seats away from me. The whole f'ing exam. All 3 days. Have you heard of rescue inhalers!!?? That said, time to put this exam in the rearview.

See y'all in July!


Ha.. I think i know where you sit... Second column, second section in?

The fat guy that was coughing all 3 days? Fuck that guy.




:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Lol am I right?


Either that or we've uncovered a wide-ranging conspiracy. I won't ask where you took the test because this is the internets and we is getting watched.

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby esq » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:27 am

LOL, so true about that 3rd essay...7th Amendment was all you really could say without fucking yourself (I definitely didn't recall the 14 day rule, props for anyone who did read the Civ Pro rules that closely).

Astronaut Teemo
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Astronaut Teemo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:33 am

That guy man... Seriously, he had like 7 inhalers on his desk. Didn't use any of them. Just kept coughing. Even the Proctor was like.. WTF dude.

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:33 am

AguasAguas! wrote:Speaking of ExamSoft.. or SoftTest or whatever it's called now... that totally messed me up. Randomly it would not let me italicize so I had some cases underlined and some italicized. It would also randomly switch font styles and sizes and I was cutting and pasting. Took a lot of unnecessary time to fix all that.

I felt PT B was A LOT easier than PT A, personally. But maybe that's just because I had more preexisting knowledge of the subject.

For the essays, I felt way better about all them than in July, and I just felt really rushed for time ALL DAY today. Seemed like every essay was a race horse. I feel like I missed some remedies. I was blanking out. I didn't talk about ejectment... I through in injunction at the last moment because ... isn't it a tort remedy and that was a contract case? It just seemed to be relevant. And I did a full specific performance analysis.

That defamation (anyone else talk about the con law standards besides me?) + corps + partnership + agency essay was just a ton of crossover law to wade through. And Wills ... I couldn't figure out how to best organize that essay and kinda just word vomited the rules.

Can't believe we need to wait until MAY.


Yes. This annoyed me to no end. I don't know about you, but my solid laptop had trouble sifting through all the text put into Examsoft. When it came time to actually start writing real content, scrolling up and down was a pain. Make one slight error in touching the track pad and you've ruined your spot and have to start all over.

This isn't an isolated issue either (well, not sure about the underlining issue which was a first for me) but the text thing. I don't know what happens when you start to get past 8-9 pages, but it starts to slowly keel.

I once wrote a 19 page final for one of my classes and my god, examsoft was slowly dying.

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:37 am

TitoSantana wrote:I heard some people have three weeks to complete so please for the love of baby Jesus, do not talk about the subjects covered. Just kidding. Congrats to all in finishing this damn exam


I don't know about three weeks, but a few of my friends are not done yet...

I'm not sure how much time they get, but they're going to basically know what to study now.

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby esq » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:40 am

Definitely zoning out in my hotel with a few IPA's now Teemo. It's nice to be watching a Seinfeld episode instead of listening to a Kaplan lecture.

Hope you kicked some ass on that second PT after that shitty Wills question.

User avatar
tearsforbeers
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby tearsforbeers » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:43 am

redblueyellow wrote:
TitoSantana wrote:I heard some people have three weeks to complete so please for the love of baby Jesus, do not talk about the subjects covered. Just kidding. Congrats to all in finishing this damn exam


I don't know about three weeks, but a few of my friends are not done yet...

I'm not sure how much time they get, but they're going to basically know what to study now.


Did anyone tell you that your friends are a bunch of cheaters?

Anyone who gets an accommodation and surfs the web for answers deserves a license.

Astronaut Teemo
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby Astronaut Teemo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:44 am

esq wrote:Definitely zoning out in my hotel with a few IPA's now Teemo. It's nice to be watching a Seinfeld episode instead of listening to a Kaplan lecture.

Hope you kicked some ass on that second PT after that shitty Wills question.


I eeked through it. I don't know that I ever felt like I dominated anything in that test. What IPAs do you drink? I'm a Stone drinker myself.

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:46 am

tearsforbeers wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:
TitoSantana wrote:I heard some people have three weeks to complete so please for the love of baby Jesus, do not talk about the subjects covered. Just kidding. Congrats to all in finishing this damn exam


I don't know about three weeks, but a few of my friends are not done yet...

I'm not sure how much time they get, but they're going to basically know what to study now.


Did anyone tell you that your friends are a bunch of cheaters?

Anyone who gets an accommodation and surfs the web for answers deserves a license.


Yes, I know. I've been whining about it for about a week now. I understand that they have disabilities that require us to be considerate. I'm totally fine with extra time, better seating, and so forth, but the questions? Ugh.

User avatar
tearsforbeers
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby tearsforbeers » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:49 am

redblueyellow wrote:
tearsforbeers wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:
TitoSantana wrote:I heard some people have three weeks to complete so please for the love of baby Jesus, do not talk about the subjects covered. Just kidding. Congrats to all in finishing this damn exam


I don't know about three weeks, but a few of my friends are not done yet...

I'm not sure how much time they get, but they're going to basically know what to study now.


Did anyone tell you that your friends are a bunch of cheaters?

Anyone who gets an accommodation and surfs the web for answers deserves a license.


Yes, I know. I've been whining about it for about a week now. I understand that they have disabilities that require us to be considerate. I'm totally fine with extra time, better seating, and so forth, but the questions? Ugh.


Considerate?

FUCK THEM

I'd be willing to bet that a small percentage of them actually deserve an accommodation. How much time do your friends actually get?

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:51 am

tearsforbeers wrote:I'd be willing to bet that a small percentage of them actually deserve an accommodation. How much time do your friends actually get?


One is double time, but I'm not sure about the other. Double time absolutely deserves physical accommodation, so I'm not upset, but I don't like the subtle fishing for questions. Kinda pointless where it's all online, though. lol.

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby esq » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:00 am

Semi-Drunken Rant: Honestly, if it helps some people out to see this thread, more power too them. The Bar is an antiquated, inefficient, and profitable way to deny an ABA-created JD surplus problem. There's not much reason, in my opinion, that someone should be career-fucked by failing to pass the Bar just because they can't remember an obscure Civ Pro rule, or because of a question requiring a logical deduction about whether the commerce clause applies to Congressional control over Executive control when a military tribunal is being held on the moon in a café that utilizes child labor. I'm a criminal defense lawyer and could really give two shits about irrelevant fact patters that I never see in practice or, for that matter, corporate law...never gonna use it.

Definitely got some Stones Teemo. This one's for you...

Image

User avatar
tearsforbeers
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby tearsforbeers » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:01 am

redblueyellow wrote:
tearsforbeers wrote:I'd be willing to bet that a small percentage of them actually deserve an accommodation. How much time do your friends actually get?


One is double time, but I'm not sure about the other. Double time absolutely deserves physical accommodation, so I'm not upset, but I don't like the subtle fishing for questions. Kinda pointless where it's all online, though. lol.


I honestly don't think it's worth worrying about. I'm assuming the mods would be responding appropriately if the state bar was saying something to them. The MBE instructions say something about not talking about fight club, but I don't remember reading/seeing anything about the essay questions.

By the way, in case your friends are reading this. Everything I wrote today was absolutely wrong. They should also know that my fellow compatriots here on TLS have banded together to discuss non-issues just to fuck over the six handicapped cheaters scouring TLS for hints.
Those evidence questions were crazy and the supplemental jdx questions on essay 5 were freaky!! :lol:

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:06 am

esq wrote:Semi-Drunken Rant: Honestly, if it helps some people out to see this thread, more power too them. The Bar is an antiquated, inefficient, and profitable way to deny an ABA-created JD surplus problem. There's not much reason, in my opinion, that someone should be career-fucked by failing to pass the Bar just because they can't remember an obscure Civ Pro rule, or because of a question requiring a logical deduction about whether the commerce clause applies to Congressional control over Executive control when a military tribunal is being held on the moon in a café that utilizes child labor. I'm a criminal defense lawyer and could really give two shits about irrelevant fact patters that I never see in practice or, for that matter, corporate law...never gonna use it.

Definitely got some Stones Teemo. This one's for you...

Image


Yes, but that sounds like my exact problem.

foreversport
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby foreversport » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:09 am

Did anyone concede any issues on pt b? I conceded that the 911 was hearsay, but I think that was probably Completely wrong....

PennJD83
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby PennJD83 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:14 am

My bad...totally forgot about the extended time folks :(. I totally agree thay it's unfair for them to ask the same questions. So on a more positive note....is anyone watching house of cards right now? :P

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby esq » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:15 am

True. I hear you RBY. I just figure that if some lucky sap figures out a way to beat the stupidity that is everything ABA controlled, I'll give him/her a pat on the back if it (probably a fortunate thing) destroys my prospects to practice in what is now the most unsatisfying profession in the nation. At the end of the day, we'll all be okay...we're smarter than the average bear. (disclaimer for drunken rant still applicable).

redblueyellow
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby redblueyellow » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:19 am

tearsforbeers wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:
tearsforbeers wrote:I'd be willing to bet that a small percentage of them actually deserve an accommodation. How much time do your friends actually get?


One is double time, but I'm not sure about the other. Double time absolutely deserves physical accommodation, so I'm not upset, but I don't like the subtle fishing for questions. Kinda pointless where it's all online, though. lol.


I honestly don't think it's worth worrying about. I'm assuming the mods would be responding appropriately if the state bar was saying something to them. The MBE instructions say something about not talking about fight club, but I don't remember reading/seeing anything about the essay questions.

By the way, in case your friends are reading this. Everything I wrote today was absolutely wrong. They should also know that my fellow compatriots here on TLS have banded together to discuss non-issues just to fuck over the six handicapped cheaters scouring TLS for hints.
Those evidence questions were crazy and the supplemental jdx questions on essay 5 were freaky!! :lol:



Yea, I was really mad at all those evidence questions... I don't know how to analyze all that stuff under common law!

User avatar
elijah54594
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:53 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby elijah54594 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:28 am

Judge Philip Banks wrote:
esq wrote:Still think Andy was one coy mothafucka :D

Fucking Andy and his close corporation.


Andy is a fucking cock weasel. That is all you needed to say.

User avatar
elijah54594
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:53 am

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Postby elijah54594 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:32 am

Elms wrote:My essays today were loltastic.


Slow.... clap....

I too, wrote inane bullshit. Loltastic indeed, Elms :D




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CalBar3Day, l3g@l33s3, po1 and 3 guests