2015 February California Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
redblueyellow

Bronze

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Post by redblueyellow » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:42 pm

BobbyBooBoo wrote:Finally at the point where I can cold call most elements of a topic. Just went through a 3 hour cold calling exercise of every law in con. law, real property, torts, contracts, evidence, civil procedure and criminal law/procedure. I actually missed a element on claim preclusion in civil pro., through, pretty mad at myself. And the first step in getting a class action certified for california courts.

Got it all almost all verbatim. I even memorized the order of flash cards I had the topics in lol. I feel like a tool just sitting here talking to myself reciting everything.
Oh god, I hate you so much.

Kudos, though :)

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:44 pm

redblueyellow wrote:
BobbyBooBoo wrote:Finally at the point where I can cold call most elements of a topic. Just went through a 3 hour cold calling exercise of every law in con. law, real property, torts, contracts, evidence, civil procedure and criminal law/procedure. I actually missed a element on claim preclusion in civil pro., through, pretty mad at myself. And the first step in getting a class action certified for california courts.

Got it all almost all verbatim. I even memorized the order of flash cards I had the topics in lol. I feel like a tool just sitting here talking to myself reciting everything.

To me, this is gratuitous, trolling, or both. :P

s1m4

Bronze

Post by s1m4 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:47 pm

cndounda1985 wrote:Can someone explain constructive delivery v. symbolic delivery in a trust? I can't find anything in my outline on the difference..im about to must make something up lol

Thanks!
Constructive delivery is when you give them a key to a safe with whatever in there, symbolic is by means of providing them with legal document indicating that they now own right to whatever.

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:54 pm

zabagabe wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:

The creator of the #humblebrag died this past week. I think it's a beautiful tribute to him hahah

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Don't recall seeing any posts on this, so I was wondering what you all are planning for lunch on the test days. According to the admittance ticket bulletin, we can't bring our lunch into the testing center. Does this mean I have to leave it in the car and eat lunch in my car?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cndounda1985

New

Post by cndounda1985 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Great thank you.

s1m4 wrote:
cndounda1985 wrote:Can someone explain constructive delivery v. symbolic delivery in a trust? I can't find anything in my outline on the difference..im about to must make something up lol

Thanks!
Constructive delivery is when you give them a key to a safe with whatever in there, symbolic is by means of providing them with legal document indicating that they now own right to whatever.

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:Don't recall seeing any posts on this, so I was wondering what you all are planning for lunch on the test days. According to the admittance ticket bulletin, we can't bring our lunch into the testing center. Does this mean I have to leave it in the car and eat lunch in my car?
There are usually nearby places to eat but the lines are going to be long. I suggest going back to your hotel room, if it's close enough. Leave leftovers in the fridge or leave your lunch there. Or bring a cooler and leave lunch in your car. You need some time to decompress and get away from everyone so the car is a great spot.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:27 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:
Judge Philip Banks wrote:Don't recall seeing any posts on this, so I was wondering what you all are planning for lunch on the test days. According to the admittance ticket bulletin, we can't bring our lunch into the testing center. Does this mean I have to leave it in the car and eat lunch in my car?
There are usually nearby places to eat but the lines are going to be long. I suggest going back to your hotel room, if it's close enough. Leave leftovers in the fridge or leave your lunch there. Or bring a cooler and leave lunch in your car. You need some time to decompress and get away from everyone so the car is a great spot.
Thanks. Lunch in the car it is!

melvinIII

New

Post by melvinIII » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:58 pm

zabagabe wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:

IIED IMO

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Anyone know what the policy on hoodies is? There is nothing in the admissions ticket anywhere that mentions they are prohibited (in contrast to hats, which are prohibited). Any prior test takers have any reflections on this one way or the other? Thanks!

wentmat

New

Post by wentmat » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:50 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:
wentmat wrote:
mhub172 wrote:Wills question - I can't seem to figure out what the difference is between an Ademption by Satisfaction and an Advancement. Both are inter vivos property that are given during the T's lifetime, taken against the heir's share. Is the difference then what happens at T's death?

Is this correct - at T's death, for Ademption the heir receives nothing because his/her gift has been satisfied, while the heir in Advancement will still receive what's left of their share ?? Thanks!
I had thought Advancement related to where the T dies intestate (so it is an Advancement against the beneficiary's intestate share) and Satisfaction relates to where the beneficiary gets what they were entitled to under the will.

I have also struggled with the difference though, but this is the best I can come up with so far.
Oh. Not sure, 100% either way. The material I read made it seem like the B predeceased the T in both cases, but there's just so much swirling around that I could very well be wrong/read it incorrectly.
ADEMPTION is if the specific property that is to be given is not part of the testators estate at the time of death. if the T doesn't have the specific property at death, the beneficiary isn't entitled to the proceeds of the specific property.
ADVANCEMENT means it's in the will, but the T gives it to the beneficiary before he dies. Like I leave my car to Jim but he gives the car to Jim before he dies.

Right??
I believe Advancement deals with the situation where the T dies intestate, and T has given his heir apparent a gift during his lifetime.

Satisfaction is where T says in his will that Jim will get $1000, and then T gives Jim $1000 before his death. If T says in writing that the gift is to be in satisfaction of the gift in the will, or Jim acknowledges it as such, then Jim is no longer entitled to the $1000 on T's death.

As you say, Ademption is what happens where T makes a specific gift (say of shares) in his will, but those shares are not in T's estate on death. The court will often try to overcome this ademption problem (with the beneficiary getting nothing) by interpreting the gift as a general or a demonstrative gift, so that it is not adeemed (so look to see if the gift is of "my 100 shares in X Co" or just a gift of "100 shares in X Co", with the latter being a general gift (I think !?!).

I think this is right, but I am quite insecure about Wills happy to be corrected!

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:08 pm

zabagabe wrote:Anyone know what the policy on hoodies is? There is nothing in the admissions ticket anywhere that mentions they are prohibited (in contrast to hats, which are prohibited). Any prior test takers have any reflections on this one way or the other? Thanks!
I am just going to play it safe and not wear a hoodie. The admittance ticket bulletin says no hoods, but doesn't specify if that means no wearing hoods is allowed, or no clothes that have a hood are allowed...

Elms

Bronze

Post by Elms » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:
zabagabe wrote:Anyone know what the policy on hoodies is? There is nothing in the admissions ticket anywhere that mentions they are prohibited (in contrast to hats, which are prohibited). Any prior test takers have any reflections on this one way or the other? Thanks!
I am just going to play it safe and not wear a hoodie. The admittance ticket bulletin says no hoods, but doesn't specify if that means no wearing hoods is allowed, or no clothes that have a hood are allowed...
Yeah, I agree with this. It seems hoods are ok if not worn, but I plan to just wear a non hooded sweatshirt to be safe. I could totally see an overzealous proctor deciding to throw a fit about a hood. :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Elms wrote:
Yeah, I agree with this. It seems hoods are ok if not worn, but I plan to just wear a non hooded sweatshirt to be safe. I could totally see an overzealous proctor deciding to throw a fit about a hood. :(
Exactly. Not worth the risk and have your game day focus thrown off by something like that.

s1m4

Bronze

Post by s1m4 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:19 pm

I definitely wore a hooded sweat shirt in July, since I own nothing else comfortable. If you have nothing else dont worry, I guarantee at least 25% of the room will be wearing hooded sweat shirts (hood not on, of course)

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Elms wrote:
Exactly. Not worth the risk and have your game day focus thrown off by something like that.
I wore a hood and they were ok with me..until I put it up to get into the zone and then they told me NOOOO PUT YOUR HOOD DOWN.

Furball

New

Post by Furball » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Elms wrote:

I have to say, your username and avatar pic is hilarious.

That is all.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

morescotchplease

New

Post by morescotchplease » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:11 pm

the time is drawing near....

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:45 pm

morescotchplease wrote:the time is drawing near....
And yet I'm still reviewing. And will be tomorrow. And will be doing MBE questions all night tomorrow night in the hotel. I feel so so much less prepared than I did the past two times I took it. Yes, that's right - two.

venusbbmm

New

Post by venusbbmm » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:24 am

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:
Is there place to put a backpack at the test center? I plan to bring lunch and notes and I'm not gonna drive.

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:32 pm

venusbbmm wrote:
CourtneyElizabeth wrote:
Is there place to put a backpack at the test center? I plan to bring lunch and notes and I'm not gonna drive.
Yes. You can leave it outside the doors of the test center.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:01 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:
morescotchplease wrote:the time is drawing near....
And yet I'm still reviewing. And will be tomorrow. And will be doing MBE questions all night tomorrow night in the hotel. I feel so so much less prepared than I did the past two times I took it. Yes, that's right - two.
Me too! Probably going to do two all nighters at the hotel. Tonight prep'ing for essays, and Wednesday night to prep for essays again. Sleep tomorrow night for MBEs for around 6 hours or so.

arizzle

New

Post by arizzle » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Found this morning while shopping for hotel room snacks and beverages:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31tdc ... sp=sharing

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 pm

arizzle wrote:Found this morning while shopping for hotel room snacks and beverages:

Larceny is the trespassory taking and carrying away of the possession of another with the intent to permanently deprive. The doctrine of Continuing Trespass allows for the wrongful taker to be later charged with larceny once the intent to permanently deprive arises, even after the fact of the actual taking and carrying away.

Elms

Bronze

Post by Elms » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:53 pm

arizzle wrote:Found this morning while shopping for hotel room snacks and beverages:

Hahaha please say you bought some!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”