2015 February California Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
catinthewall

Bronze

Re: 2015 February California Bar Exam

Post by catinthewall » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:13 pm

For the July 2014 CalBar, I did what I like to call "Bar Exam Tinder." It made everything better, and I still passed. :oops:

Good luck, all!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:41 pm

catinthewall wrote:For the July 2014 CalBar, I did what I like to call "Bar Exam Tinder." It made everything better, and I still passed. :oops:

Good luck, all!
I know where I'm hanging out in July...

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Furball wrote:
Elms wrote:I've got a 45 minute commute each way to the exam every day, so I've been spending the day downloading music to make myself a "mix tape" for the ride. Anyone have any suggestions of what to add? I'm open to all genres!

Calvin Harris ft. Neyo - "Let's Go"
Keep these song playlists coming guys :)
I'm having a stressful week at work - have a lot to get through in a short amount of time and songs that encourage confidence/speed/motivation not to give up when things seem hard help. I'm not anywhere near as anxious as I was for the bar but I'm using these song suggestions nonetheless.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:29 pm

People are literally taking the bar exam right now. I'm getting phantom cold sweats.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:38 pm

a male human wrote:
NazGuides wrote:Studying for the California Bar Exam?! Let NazGuides help you! NazGuides is individual outlines of each subject on the California Bar Exam. NazGuides condenses thousands of pages of law into a 15 to 30 page outline that focuses on the core principles of each subject. Outlines range from $20-$35, depending on the subject. Outline samples are also available. Check out http://www.NazGuides.com today for more information!

NazGuides was originally created by a first time California bar passer while she was studying for the bar exam. Although the creator of NazGuides passed the CA Bar Exam the first time she took it, unfortunately, her sister did not. On her sister's second attempt, she successfully passed after spending 3-4 weeks studying only NazGuides for about 5-8 hours per day. Check out http://www.NazGuides.com today!
[Post space reserved for future ad hominems]
Out of curiosity, did anyone actually buy these NazGuides (original post on page 2 since moderated)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:42 pm

I need to learn how to write a PT.

AguasAguas!

New

Post by AguasAguas! » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:53 pm

I feel like San Diego had a much longer lunch break last time.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Was the PT difficult? What about the essays?

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:15 pm

PT is next!

Not going to mention anything about the bar. I have TWO "friends" that get double time and I know they're stalking the boards to find out what was on the essays.

IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm

I forgot PT was next. Don't forget to round up those facts and shove under the law. Have fun :)

HOW DO I PT???
ISSUE (SORT OF GIVEN TO YOU IN THE ASSIGNMENT)

RULE RULE RULE (PULLING OUT CASE LAW--YOU DID THIS EVERY DAY IN LAW SCHOOL IF YOU WERE A TURBO NERD OR AT LEAST I DID)

FACTS FACTS FACTS (LOST CHILDREN WHO NEED TO FIND THEIR PARENTS AKA THE RULE, CORRAL THOSE SNIVELLY LITTLE TURDS AND STOP THEM FROM CRYING JESUS)
FACTS
MORE FACTS
USE THE WORD "BECAUSE" TO CONNECT FACTS TO FACTS AND FACTS TO LAW

CONCLUDE (WITH A SHORT SUMMARY OF YOUR ARGUMENT IF YOU CAN)

REPEAT!

WAIT, THAT'S THE SAME AS AN ESSAY! YEAH EXCEPT THE ANALYSIS IS GONNA BE LONGER AND ISSUES AND RULES PROVIDED TO YOU

HOW DO I TIMING???
75 MINUTES OF OUTLINING--EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE FILE AND LIBRARY (I WOULD CHECK OUT THE SMALLER BOOKLET FIRST, THOUGH)
PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN AND CLOSE YOUR EYES FOR 5 MINUTES AS YOU CONTEMPLATE YOUR LIFE (OR CLEAR YOUR HEAD WHATEVER)
90 MINUTES OF WRITING
THAT DOESN'T ADD UP! USE THE REMAINING 10 MINUTES TO PROOFREAD OR DRINK WATER OR REST MORE OR GO TO THE BATHROOM AND RUB ONE OUT OR ITCH THE DITCH; THE RULES DON'T FORBID IT

MAKE IT EASY ON THE GRADER AND USE UNDERLINED OR BOLDED HEADNOTES. NOT WRITING GIANT PARAGRAPHS HELPS TOO

AND DON'T COPY LARGE CHUNKS OF TEXT BECAUSE THAT GOT PEOPLE INTO TROUBLE WITH SHITTY SOFTEST

TRY TO HAVE FUN LIKE IT'S A REAL CASE AND LOOK FORWARD TO DINNER AND SHITPOSTING ON TLS LATER TONIGHT

BarExamsSuck

New

Post by BarExamsSuck » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:30 pm

Ugly

Anybody walk out?
Last edited by BarExamsSuck on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Furball

New

Post by Furball » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:37 pm

a male human wrote:I forgot PT was next. Don't forget to round up those facts and shove under the law. Have fun :)

HOW DO I PT???
ISSUE (SORT OF GIVEN TO YOU IN THE ASSIGNMENT)

RULE RULE RULE (PULLING OUT CASE LAW--YOU DID THIS EVERY DAY IN LAW SCHOOL IF YOU WERE A TURBO NERD OR AT LEAST I DID)

FACTS FACTS FACTS (LOST CHILDREN WHO NEED TO FIND THEIR PARENTS AKA THE RULE, CORRAL THOSE SNIVELLY LITTLE TURDS AND STOP THEM FROM CRYING JESUS)
FACTS
MORE FACTS
USE THE WORD "BECAUSE" TO CONNECT FACTS TO FACTS AND FACTS TO LAW

CONCLUDE (WITH A SHORT SUMMARY OF YOUR ARGUMENT IF YOU CAN)

REPEAT!

WAIT, THAT'S THE SAME AS AN ESSAY! YEAH EXCEPT THE ANALYSIS IS GONNA BE LONGER AND ISSUES AND RULES PROVIDED TO YOU

HOW DO I TIMING???
75 MINUTES OF OUTLINING--EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE FILE AND LIBRARY (I WOULD CHECK OUT THE SMALLER BOOKLET FIRST, THOUGH)
PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN AND CLOSE YOUR EYES FOR 5 MINUTES AS YOU CONTEMPLATE YOUR LIFE (OR CLEAR YOUR HEAD WHATEVER)
90 MINUTES OF WRITING
THAT DOESN'T ADD UP! USE THE REMAINING 10 MINUTES TO PROOFREAD OR DRINK WATER OR REST MORE OR GO TO THE BATHROOM AND RUB ONE OUT OR ITCH THE DITCH; THE RULES DON'T FORBID IT

MAKE IT EASY ON THE GRADER AND USE UNDERLINED OR BOLDED HEADNOTES. NOT WRITING GIANT PARAGRAPHS HELPS TOO

AND DON'T COPY LARGE CHUNKS OF TEXT BECAUSE THAT GOT PEOPLE INTO TROUBLE WITH SHITTY SOFTEST

TRY TO HAVE FUN LIKE IT'S A REAL CASE AND LOOK FORWARD TO DINNER AND SHITPOSTING ON TLS LATER TONIGHT

LOL if you ever get sick of being an attorney, maybe think about going into comedy b/c you're hilarious!

morescotchplease

New

Post by morescotchplease » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:49 pm

well that was fun. All I can say is, I finished? Glad I can take a break from cramming stuff in my brain for a day.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Uhh, that PT??

I mean, it was kind of interesting to read about, the timing just completely threw me off. I basically wrote a regular essay it felt like in terms of analysis depth (shallow) and quantity (miniscule). It was nothing like the sample ones that I've read (60+ range) on baressays....

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:01 pm

redblueyellow wrote:Uhh, that PT??

I mean, it was kind of interesting to read about, the timing just completely threw me off. I basically wrote a regular essay it felt like in terms of analysis depth (shallow) and quantity (miniscule). It was nothing like the sample ones that I've read (60+ range) on baressays....
No worries we were walking out of the bar and I heard people saying the same thing. I'm with you redblueyellow, I'm not saying anything because of those who have accommodations would be at an advantage if they knew the subject especially essay 3.

I came back to my room with flowers from the firm. Had my first Dixie cup of wine since 1/1/15 lol what an experience I totally want to go watch hockey tonight.

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:04 pm

gaagoots wrote:

No worries we were walking out of the bar and I heard people saying the same thing. I'm with you redblueyellow, I'm not saying anything because of those who have accommodations would be at an advantage if they knew the subject especially essay 3.

I came back to my room with flowers from the firm. Had my first Dixie cup of wine since 1/1/15 lol what an experience I totally want to go watch hockey tonight.
Yea, I figured commenting on a PT's length is no biggie since they're all pretty typical.

One of my acquaintances is fishing for information and it's starting to get on my nerves. Agree with you on essay 3, though. What sucks is that I had read the a very similar fact pattern to it somewhere online but it was so long ago that I completely forgot how they had structured their very nice essay. If only!!

Also, flowers?! All I got was a phone call from my mom wanting to know if I had dinner or not. :(

Barbarbara

New

Post by Barbarbara » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:07 pm

How do late testing accomadations work? Do people get to write some of the essays tomorrow or another day?

Also, I felt like the essays were very straightforward, but that PT was just a race against time. Whatever. Points for trying, right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:08 pm

redblueyellow wrote:
gaagoots wrote:

Yea, I figured commenting on a PT's length is no biggie since they're all pretty typical.

One of my acquaintances is fishing for information and it's starting to get on my nerves. Agree with you on essay 3, though. What sucks is that I had read the a very similar fact pattern to it somewhere online but it was so long ago that I completely forgot how they had structured their very nice essay. If only!!

Also, flowers?! All I got was a phone call from my mom wanting to know if I had dinner or not. :(
I ordered room service last night filet mignon, I may do it again just to stay in my hobbit hole.

AguasAguas!

New

Post by AguasAguas! » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:16 pm

That PT was death. The facts were just hard for me to grasp and I personally didn't think the law was very straightforward. Lots of the cases were just spewing facts and not tests, which seemed unusual given the practice PTs I did.

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:21 pm

AguasAguas! wrote:That PT was death. The facts were just hard for me to grasp and I personally didn't think the law was very straightforward. Lots of the cases were just spewing facts and not tests, which seemed unusual given the practice PTs I did.
You get a 65 for following directions. Yet, as far as that dreadful blather in the transcripts. I want to quote a very old school tv show Dragnet, "just the facts ma'am". The facts were blather.

Furball

New

Post by Furball » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:39 pm

One Timers bar review already posted the 3 essay subjects on its facebook page :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barbarbara

New

Post by Barbarbara » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Furball wrote:One Timers bar review already posted the 3 essay subjects on its facebook page :(

Maybe if we comment enough, we can shame them into taking it down?

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Barbarbara wrote:
Furball wrote:One Timers bar review already posted the 3 essay subjects on its facebook page :(

I looked at their prediction page before the bar..bzzzt.

jinxmelucky22

New

Post by jinxmelucky22 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:05 pm

You guys! For real though, I'm so worried about the PT! Mine was 12,500ish words and the released ones are like, 30k. I did almost zero analysis and just threw in a handful of facts. I'm so scared that i bombed!

BarExamsSuck

New

Post by BarExamsSuck » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Barbarbara wrote:

Why shame them?

Did anybody think that this would be a secret after the first day?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”