Switching IL bar for the retake

sg7007

Switching IL bar for the retake

Postby sg7007 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi, I failed the NY bar last July. I'm now thinking of switching to the Illinois bar. My question is, how feasible is it to self-study the Illinois bar?

I took Themis for NY bar over the summer, and they would offer me a free repeat for the Feb NY bar exam. (Only for NY bar, not for IL bar.) So my plan is to work only the MBE and MPT portions of the course and self-study the 3 Illinois essays and 6 MEE essays. I figured that there's past MEE problems and analyses revealed free of charge on the internet. I haven't found past Illinois essay problems online.

Is my plan doable? Or should I pay another $1200 or so and sign up for Themis bar review course for Illinois? I guess not, but I'm still eager to hear what others think about this.

Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy

Re: Switching IL bar for the retake

Postby Desert Fox » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:22 pm

sg7007 wrote:Hi, I failed the NY bar last July. I'm now thinking of switching to the Illinois bar. My question is, how feasible is it to self-study the Illinois bar?

I took Themis for NY bar over the summer, and they would offer me a free repeat for the Feb NY bar exam. (Only for NY bar, not for IL bar.) So my plan is to work only the MBE and MPT portions of the course and self-study the 3 Illinois essays and 6 MEE essays. I figured that there's past MEE problems and analyses revealed free of charge on the internet. I haven't found past Illinois essay problems online.

Is my plan doable? Or should I pay another $1200 or so and sign up for Themis bar review course for Illinois? I guess not, but I'm still eager to hear what others think about this.

IL bar is like 90% non-IL specific. Most can pass without learning any IL law. But, you failed NY the first time, so you really don't wanna be giving up any points. Buy this http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 1416619176 and just do the course you already have.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”