February 2015 Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

February 2015 Bar Exam

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:08 pm

A bit early but...I'm taking it. Again. For the THIRD freaking time.
Anyone have any tutors they can suggest?

MBAtoJD

New

Re: February 2015 Bar Exam

Post by MBAtoJD » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:58 pm

MBE Civil Procedure Sample Test Questions:

http://www.ncbex.org/assets/media_files ... stions.pdf

MACK

New

Post by MACK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:44 am

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:A bit early but...I'm taking it. Again. For the THIRD freaking time.
CourtneyElizabeth wrote:A bit early but...I'm taking it. Again. For the THIRD freaking time.
Sorry to hear. Hopefully you will pass this time around. What bar prep course did you take?

I signed up for Themis Bar Review for the Feb 2015 bar because the course is entirely online and so you can go at my own pace. It has very high pass rates (if you complete 75% of the coursework) in the states its offered in and it's relatively inexpensive when compared to other bar prep courses. You also get assigned an attorney who is supposed to grade your essays and give you direct feedback. I've yet to experience it myself, but I've heard great things from other students so I feel okay going into my bar prep.

lawyerxxx

New

Post by lawyerxxx » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Did you not take in July? Or are you in NC? As far as I know most states are still waiting on results.

silvermanbar

New

Post by silvermanbar » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:28 pm

[link to professional services removed]

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FeeltheIllinoise

New

Post by FeeltheIllinoise » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Checking in. Not happy about doing this all over again...

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:48 pm

I just passed and I honestly don't think I could have done it without Adaptibar. It is SO worth the price!!

n900mixalot

New

Post by n900mixalot » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:30 am

rawrab wrote:I just passed and I honestly don't think I could have done it without Adaptibar. It is SO worth the price!!
What I don't understand is how you passed with Adaptibar despite the MBE questions being what they were. Did you recognize ANY of the question types from Adaptibar on the MBE? I studied with Themis and I'd say that 70% of the questions on the MBE were nowhere NEAR what was available in Themis.

Some people said that one session was definitely harder than the other, but I'm convinced that BOTH of my sessions were extremely difficult, morning AND afternoon, despite doing tons of practice questions in preparation.

The February MBE was a cakewalk compared to the July MBE. I got a median score on February's, but messed up on my MPT.

I'm not so sure I'm down to go for a round three ... especially with the pass rate being 68% for July 14, down from 76% last July 13 and 78% the July before that in my jurisdiction. That's a pretty weird fluctuation ...

I'm not going to decide what I'm doing until I get my scores in the mail in a few days. If I narrowed the 20 point failure from a completely botched February MPT, I may go again.

A mistake on the MPT was a really hard lesson to learn from, so my advice is DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE the MPT! Type your notes into your laptop, DO NOT TAKE NOTES ON SEPARATE PAPER. It could cost you the 20 points you need for a passing score.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:40 pm

I am taking the MI bar in Feb so I'll be right here with you guys.
I did pass in AZ July 14, and I agree the MBE questions were nothing like the practice questions. I could've swore I bombed the MPT, but we'll see what happens when scores arrive.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:48 pm

I took it in July 2013 and Feb 2014. Couldn't bring myself to do it again July 2014, so now I'm signed up for Feb 2015.

I'm looking for a personal tutor though. No Themis or Kaplan or anything like that. I used Kaplan and honestly I thought it was garbage.

I have critical pass flash cards, but now that they're adding Civ Pro to the MBE….ugh. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.

n900mixalot

New

Post by n900mixalot » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:48 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:I took it in July 2013 and Feb 2014. Couldn't bring myself to do it again July 2014, so now I'm signed up for Feb 2015.

I'm looking for a personal tutor though. No Themis or Kaplan or anything like that. I used Kaplan and honestly I thought it was garbage.

I have critical pass flash cards, but now that they're adding Civ Pro to the MBE….ugh. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.
Because you have a goal, and you want to see it through to the end. From what I hear, that's what lawyers are supposed to do. It would probably be a different story if you missed by some ridiculous amount of points and had no explanation; e.g., bowel issues, dead laptop or botched exam upload, not writing thoughts down on your laptop and instead writing them on scratch paper [this guy], then frantically trying to type everything in at the last minute. :roll:

CLG2015

New

Post by CLG2015 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 pm

I am in the exact same boat Courtney. Missed it by 5points both times. first time, crapped the bed on MBE. second time the complete opposite. 3rd times a charm!

If anyone finds anything that would be of help for the CivPro MBE section, it would be greatly appreciated.

Did you know JFK jr took the BAR Exam 3 times?
If I hear that again im gonna go postal.

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Seriously with JFK Jr. I know TONS of people have failed it. I just don't want to be one of those freakin people!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Starting this hellish process on Monday ... studying full-time from November clear up until the exam. My plan of action is to memorize November & December, and do lots of practice January/February and pay more attention to the MBE since I should've done that over the summer :(

I'm trying not to kill myself.

Literally 2 points on the MBE did me in - here's to hoping I get the 2 points I missed in February!

& I totally decided if I don't pass this time around, I'm just going to become a gold digger and become a stay at home wife and mother. There's only so much of this shit I can handle.

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:35 pm

I thought that too - took it twice and said NO MORE so I worked and then welllll one more time won't kill me.
So I'm meeting with my tutor this weekend. Memorization will be big this time around, as well as getting the essay formatting down pat. Bar essays are NOT real life.

target

Silver

Post by target » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:48 am

How do you memorize all the BLLs? I have outlines from the July bar prep class, which I have started reading, but they are a lot.

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:37 pm

I've been playing around with practice MBEs on Adaptibar. Its ego bruising to get 52% in areas I was once so strong in (contracts and con law). I am embarrassed on the few civ pro questions I played around with and then threw my iPhone under the blanket. Its clear I don't know the law like I use to and need to go back to square one. I really love the critical pass flash cards--they are so close to the BarBri lectures although they don't cover what CMR covers.

@numbertwo88 LOL at the gold digger SAHM--where I live they are all over the neighborhood driving white Escalades.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 pm

I have Critical Pass flash cards, too. They're coming out with a Civ Pro supplemental pack, soon. I'll probably buy that. I feel like I need to start at square one as well. but everyone keeps saying you THINK you forgot everything but once you get the ball rolling you'll realize you remember more than you thought. We'll see if that's true.
Kill meee.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 pm

target wrote:How do you memorize all the BLLs? I have outlines from the July bar prep class, which I have started reading, but they are a lot.
I invested in the critical pass cards as well as the MBE Essentials by Silverman that I found on amazon - the question & answer format seems easy to digest. My plan is to study both until the BLL is hammered into my mind. I figure since I have 4 months, 1 entire month is literally going to be memorization of MBE subjects. The post 4th of July cramming session over the summer for the MBE didn't work well and I need those 2 points I fell short of passing by!

Both arrive within the next few days so hopefully I'll have positive news to report about them!

I've tossed the long outlines by the wayside.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:34 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:I have Critical Pass flash cards, too. They're coming out with a Civ Pro supplemental pack, soon. I'll probably buy that. I feel like I need to start at square one as well. but everyone keeps saying you THINK you forgot everything but once you get the ball rolling you'll realize you remember more than you thought. We'll see if that's true.
Kill meee.
The Civ Pro supplement is available now by the way

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:26 pm

target wrote:How do you memorize all the BLLs? I have outlines from the July bar prep class, which I have started reading, but they are a lot.
I recorded myself reciting the Critical Pass flashcards and listened to myself talking/teaching throughout the day, while driving, @work, and in my sleep. I found myself having dreams where characters in my dreams were reciting rule statements. Very freaky, but it worked!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Crazy23

New

Post by Crazy23 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:23 pm

numbertwo88 wrote:
I invested in the critical pass cards as well as the MBE Essentials by Silverman that I found on amazon - the question & answer format seems easy to digest. My plan is to study both until the BLL is hammered into my mind. I figure since I have 4 months, 1 entire month is literally going to be memorization of MBE subjects. The post 4th of July cramming session over the summer for the MBE didn't work well and I need those 2 points I fell short of passing by!

Both arrive within the next few days so hopefully I'll have positive news to report about them!

I've tossed the long outlines by the wayside.
How do you all feel about adaptibar versus the critical flas cards

It seems adaptibar would be better just because it can track your progress

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:28 am

x
Last edited by TheFutureLawyer on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Crazy23 wrote: How do you all feel about adaptibar versus the critical flash cards

It seems adaptibar would be better just because it can track your progress
I can't say presently - but I do plan on investing in adaptibar once I have the BLL memorized, likely around January or late December.
TheFutureLawyer wrote:...

I'm pretty sure that I'll just re-do Themis for free, but was wondering what y'all were planning.
I'm re-doing Themis as well, entirely skipping all of the damn lectures and handouts though and using it entirely in flex-mode. I refuse to spend an entire month on lectures again! Also plan on using lots of supplements since the MBE hates me.

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:19 pm

x
Last edited by TheFutureLawyer on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”