C&F is super dumb Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

Diamond

C&F is super dumb

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:01 pm

They block virtually nobody and it's a pain in the ass. It could be entirely replaced by a no felony rule.

Tanicius

Gold

Re: C&F is super dumb

Post by Tanicius » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:09 pm

I think a lot of state bars are taking it in the right direction by being more on the lookout for issues that affect most lawyers -- drug/alcohol abuse and mental health problems -- and encouraging disclosure of those infirmaries in order to provide support resources.

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:27 pm

idk man if you have past employers who keep deleting the bar's reference check email because they think it's spam it probably means you'll be a menace to future clients

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Georgia Avenue wrote:idk man if you have past employers who keep deleting the bar's reference check email because they think it's spam it probably means you'll be a menace to future clients
That shit is the worst. THE WORST

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Georgia Avenue wrote:idk man if you have past employers who keep deleting the bar's reference check email because they think it's spam it probably means you'll be a menace to future clients
That shit is the worst. THE WORST
My heart races uncontrollably for about five seconds every my bar portal has a new message concerning my references. "Oh god, someone I have no control over has refused to submit my reference sheet. They're booting me aren't they..."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:30 pm

I had to call from my honeymoon from Greece to make my old boss do it.

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:36 pm

I don't even remember who some of my old bosses were, let alone have their number.

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:37 pm

"From your file, it appears that [your part-time employer during high school] failed to provide a C&F letter certifying your employment."

"They went out of business in 2005."

"What efforts did you make to contact them?"

"As I said, they went out of business in 2005, so I made no effort to contact them."

"But..."

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 pm

seespotrun wrote:"From your file, it appears that [your part-time employer during high school] failed to provide a C&F letter certifying your employment."

"As I said, they went out of business in 2005, so I made no effort to contact them."

"But..."
WHAT ARE YOU HIDING? DID YOU EXTORT THEM? IS THAT THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS? WHAT DID THEY CATCH YOU DOING THAT MADE THEM CLOSE DOWN SO LONG AGO?!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:44 pm

seespotrun wrote:"From your file, it appears that [your part-time employer during high school] failed to provide a C&F letter certifying your employment."

"But..."
They actually do this? What a joke.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Georgia Avenue wrote:

"But..."
They actually do this? What a joke.
The bigger joke is.

"OK I tracked him down"

"Employee molested more kids than a Nitty Lion"

"OK ADMITTED"

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Yup, they asked me to document not that they had indeed been out of business since 2005 (bc I did that in the first place), but that I attempted to mail their old business address to request that they certify my employment. I ended up scanning the certified mail receipt and attaching it to an email. Thankfully, the clearly underworked associate from peer firm relented and recommended my admission . . . 3 months after the rest of my class had already been admitted.

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:27 pm

seespotrun wrote:Yup, they asked me to document not that they had indeed been out of business since 2005 (bc I did that in the first place), but that I attempted to mail their old business address to request that they certify my employment. I ended up scanning the certified mail receipt and attaching it to an email. Thankfully, the clearly underworked associate from peer firm relented and recommended my admission . . . 3 months after the rest of my class had already been admitted.
LOL

what state

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”