Just wanna get over with it. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tepper

Bronze

Just wanna get over with it.

Post by tepper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm at the point where I feel like I just want to take the bar tomorrow. If I pass, great, if not, great. Just wanna get this shit over with.....anyone feel the same way?

MoneyMay

Bronze

Re: Just wanna get over with it.

Post by MoneyMay » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Yep. Everyone has their limits and this is an incredibly stupid process. I spent the entire day learning essay topics that may or may not actually be on the exam I am taking. And I am going to be doing the same shit for the rest of the week. It gets old after a while.

pkt63

Bronze

Post by pkt63 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 pm

absolutely. The incremental gains I am going to make over the next 7 days are so minuscule, I would much much rather just start taking it now. I certainly don't feel like anything I do over the next few days will make the difference between pass and fail. It might make it so rule statements come to me more quickly and naturally, but time is never my issue anyway, so I don't really need to get faster. Just anything would be better than sitting in the library or at home all day feeling guilty that I should be studying harder, but when I study not really being productive because my brain keeps telling me I already know all this. All while missing out on some gorgeous days here that I'd rather be enjoying!

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:48 pm

in the next week, i need to learn corporations, secured transactions, and commercial paper...so no...i do not wish it was tomorrow. in fact, I wish it was 2 weeks from now instead of one haha

cocoapuffs1

New

Post by cocoapuffs1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:06 pm

objctnyrhnr wrote:in the next week, i need to learn corporations, secured transactions, and commercial paper...so no...i do not wish it was tomorrow. in fact, I wish it was 2 weeks from now instead of one haha
agreed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Post by FutureInLaw » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 pm

I wish I could start this whole process over. I'm not a crammer, and this process made me cram.

I would've started earlier, finished the lectures ahead of time, paced this out over more days with fewer hours studying in a day.

This process has just been miserable.

bigstumpdriver

New

Post by bigstumpdriver » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 pm

I AM IN THE SAME.

I dn't know any rules word for word for essays unless they are freom the MBE 6. Instead I bean queen know the ideas, the big concepts and can smudge out a rule. Sometimes I'm reppity though and just make something up that is close.

MBE HAS BEEN IN THE 80s SO HOPEFULLY THAT BRINGS MY SCORE UP. is no where near the time of the test
My birthday
:mrgreen:
U

SO, I thank you all.

Law-So-Hard

Bronze

Post by Law-So-Hard » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Yes, just wanna get it over and done with. Yep it sucks sitting there, hours on end, trying to read and re-read the same stuff. Was reviewing K again today and was falling asleep, then I find it so tedious that I end up getting things wrong because I'm forgetting really obvious things. Diminished returns for SURE, wondering if I will even gain a few extra points here and there this week? I would love to just take a three day vacation to somewhere snowy or tropical, come back, cram for a couple days and then boom take the bar.

On the cramming note, they say you can't cram for the bar but I feel like I'm basically gonna be doing just that for the essays??? Monday night/Weds night are going to be cram cram cram, Wed will be a little better I hope b/c at least 3 essays will be done by then.

The reality is me sitting...eating chips quietly in the library...not fully waking up until 1 pm on my second cup of coffee...freaking the F out about being too tired on exam day.... as I review the nuances of community property proration formulas...

Ehh I'll do whatever it takes to get through this week, food, Disney songs, dance jam sessions, lifting at the gym, online shopping, whatever. Just have to power through. It's ALMOST done.

*Note: have a feeling the 3 days will feel longer than the last two months. :|

Not to mention, my senses feel so strangely odd and sharp that I find myself getting irritated at people making dumb mistakes like forgetting a subway sandwich order three seconds after I made it or not counting up change correctly. If I have to memorize and do math everyone has to damn it.

bigstumpdriver

New

Post by bigstumpdriver » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Law-So-Hard wrote:Yes, just wanna get it over and done with. Yep it sucks sitting there, hours on end, trying to read and re-read the same stuff. Was reviewing K again today and was falling asleep, then I find it so tedious that I end up getting things wrong because I'm forgetting really obvious things. Diminished returns for SURE, wondering if I will even gain a few extra points here and there this week? I would love to just take a three day vacation to somewhere snowy or tropical, come back, cram for a couple days and then boom take the bar.

On the cramming note, they say you can't cram for the bar but I feel like I'm basically gonna be doing just that for the essays??? Monday night/Weds night are going to be cram cram cram, Wed will be a little better I hope b/c at least 3 essays will be done by then.

The reality is me sitting...eating chips quietly in the library...not fully waking up until 1 pm on my second cup of coffee...freaking the F out about being too tired on exam day.... as I review the nuances of community property proration formulas...

Ehh I'll do whatever it takes to get through this week, food, Disney songs, dance jam sessions, lifting at the gym, online shopping, whatever. Just have to power through. It's ALMOST done.

*Note: have a feeling the 3 days will feel longer than the last two months. :|
Sing to my my angel of brush :)
And them we look at commercial paper all day but that's why I let myself drink a few glasses of baileys and aftershock

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 am

bigstumpdriver wrote:I AM IN THE SAME.

I dn't know any rules word for word for essays unless they are freom the MBE 6. Instead I bean queen know the ideas, the big concepts and can smudge out a rule. Sometimes I'm reppity though and just make something up that is close.

MBE HAS BEEN IN THE 80s SO HOPEFULLY THAT BRINGS MY SCORE UP. is no where near the time of the test
My birthday
:mrgreen:
U

SO, I thank you all.

I'm in the same boat, I don't have anything memorized, however I know I can put some sh!t together to sound competent. I wish I was in the 80% range on MBE's though! I would feel a lot better. Sometimes I hit high 70's then other times I'm hitting mid 60's. It's been a little frustrating to say the least. I study for 10-12 hours a day and have no clue if its productive or not.
I am grateful for this site full of like minded individuals. It's sort of like a support group.

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 am

I'm right there with you. Doubt I'll make much progress in the next 6 days.

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:08 am

6 days with nothing else to do is a long time. keep your chins up. i have written publication-quality articles in that time. trying to memorize a few handfuls of elementary rules should be nothing compared to that...right?

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:11 am

I haven't been this miserable in a long time. It's all I think about -- not test materials, but how much I hate the bar exam. It makes falling asleep hard, and getting up a chore.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Yep. Same. I'm taking today totally off because I'm so burned out and full of rage at the whole process.

pkt63

Bronze

Post by pkt63 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:28 pm

I feel like I should have taken today off too. Granted, I just started studying like 2 hours ago, and all I did was three sets of flashcards. I just started a 50 Q mixed set and find myself taking Facebook, bathroom, stretching, whatever breaks every 2-3 questions. Talk about diminishing returns! I did the Simulated MBE without any breaks in each 100 Q set, and now I am training myself NOT to be able to do them without checking my Instagram feed? The studying I'm doing may actually turn out to be counterproductive at this rate...

pkt63

Bronze

Post by pkt63 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:33 pm

And now, not only am I teaching myself bad habits, but I'm actually regressing in performance. Ks used to be my best subject, and on the last 50 Q set, almost the only questions I got wrong were Ks questions, matched only by the number of Prop questions I got wrong, which used to be my second best subject. Trying to look on the bright side - got 100% on torts Qs, which used to be my worst subject….still feeling like it's time to pack it in and I should just head to the beach for a long weekend before I do any more damages to my chances to pass this test.

AP-375

Bronze

Post by AP-375 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm really glad that I found this thread. I've been super burned out. I was planning on gunning super hard through the week, but then I got really worn out and felt like re-reading the same material that I already have memorized wasn't really getting me anywhere, so I've dialed it back quite a bit.
But then I read the occasional essay where I mistake a sub-issue and I re-freak out - but the energy just isn't there to do anything about it.
Anyone else experiencing that?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pkt63

Bronze

Post by pkt63 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:19 pm

AP-375 wrote:I'm really glad that I found this thread. I've been super burned out. I was planning on gunning super hard through the week, but then I got really worn out and felt like re-reading the same material that I already have memorized wasn't really getting me anywhere, so I've dialed it back quite a bit.
But then I read the occasional essay where I mistake a sub-issue and I re-freak out - but the energy just isn't there to do anything about it.
Anyone else experiencing that?
Absolutely! I find it impossible to re-read anything for the 6th time. Given that I've read my lecture notes, flashcards, other people's outlines and the CMR probably that many times, there's nothing left my brain will pay attention to to study….except for essays. So I'm definitely doing a little issue spotting and thorough reading of the model answers for the essays we never got assigned in barbri.

bigstumpdriver

New

Post by bigstumpdriver » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:32 pm

You all are two good with the essays. I'm just happy to get some issues in some of these essays. I can't get 100% I just can't.

Some tompics I've read like twice too. Whoops

pkt63

Bronze

Post by pkt63 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 am

I'm sort of panicking, but I still can't study harder. I feel like people studying as little as I am shouldn't get to pass (I've done like 5 hours the last two days combined, and that might be generous). But every time I try to study my brain refuses to keep doing the same thing over and over when it feels like I already know it like the back of my hand. There's plenty I don't know, I'm sure, I just can't figure out what it is so I know what to study. But I still KNOW that once I get the real essays in front of me, I'm going to freeze up and know nothing, even though I do ok looking at all the old essays I review. Not to mention what might happen on the PTs. But at least if I was putting in 12-15 hour days I feel like I would deserve to pass and right now I just know I probably don't deserve it because I can't even be disciplined enough to tell my brain to shut up and just keep reciting rule statements or whatever. I'm stuck in this twilight zone between knowing so little I am panicked into studying and being good and disciplined regardless of how much I know. Honestly, I actually really deserve to fail. :oops: :cry:

Sahmed

New

Post by Sahmed » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:39 am

pkt63 wrote:I'm sort of panicking, but I still can't study harder. I feel like people studying as little as I am shouldn't get to pass (I've done like 5 hours the last two days combined, and that might be generous). But every time I try to study my brain refuses to keep doing the same thing over and over when it feels like I already know it like the back of my hand. There's plenty I don't know, I'm sure, I just can't figure out what it is so I know what to study. But I still KNOW that once I get the real essays in front of me, I'm going to freeze up and know nothing, even though I do ok looking at all the old essays I review. Not to mention what might happen on the PTs. But at least if I was putting in 12-15 hour days I feel like I would deserve to pass and right now I just know I probably don't deserve it because I can't even be disciplined enough to tell my brain to shut up and just keep reciting rule statements or whatever. I'm stuck in this twilight zone between knowing so little I am panicked into studying and being good and disciplined regardless of how much I know. Honestly, I actually really deserve to fail. :oops: :cry:
Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. I've been having a hard time focusing and continuing to work. I havn't been doing that many hours a day and I feel like I'm gonna screw up on Essay day. I just keep forcing myself to sit down and telling myself that it'll all be over in a few days and I don't want that sickening feeling after the exam that I should have studied more. Whenever you lose motivation, just step away from your books for a bit. Watch tv, read a book or do something to turn your mind off. Then go back to studying. Don't try to study 8 hours straight. Just study an hour or two, take a break and go back to studying. Just space it out. That's the only thing thats helped me. But you're not the only one thats feeling this way.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Xferr

Bronze

Post by Xferr » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:45 am

I put the hours in, but I feel like I've gotten really inefficient at the end. I really can't tell how much of my time was spent on Facebook, drifting off, extra long lunches, etc.

When people say they study X hours a day, I have no idea what that really means. X quality, fully-attentive hours? Or really Y hours with Z hours kinda screwing around.

It's also hard for me because I'm a very goal-oriented person. But it's impossible to tell how well you'll do on the essays.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:49 am

Xferr wrote:I put the hours in, but I feel like I've gotten really inefficient at the end. I really can't tell how much of my time was spent on Facebook, drifting off, extra long lunches, etc.

When people say they study X hours a day, I have no idea what that really means. X quality, fully-attentive hours? Or really Y hours with Z hours kinda screwing around.

It's also hard for me because I'm a very goal-oriented person. But it's impossible to tell how well you'll do on the essays.
Dude, I promise you, the vast majority of us did not work anymore than five actual hours on all but our very hardest, slave-driving days. I could easily count on my hand the number of days I have worked more than five legitimate hours. Don't get me wrong -- I'll be at my computer from 8am til 8pm, but most of that time was procrastination.

MoneyMay

Bronze

Post by MoneyMay » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:51 am

Tanicius wrote:
Xferr wrote:I put the hours in, but I feel like I've gotten really inefficient at the end. I really can't tell how much of my time was spent on Facebook, drifting off, extra long lunches, etc.

Dude, I promise you, the vast majority of us did not work anymore than five actual hours on all but our very hardest, slave-driving days. I could easily count on my hand the number of days I have worked more than five legitimate hours. Don't get me wrong -- I'll be at my computer from 8am til 8pm, but most of that time was procrastination.
Yeah pretty much this.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:21 am

MoneyMay wrote:
Tanicius wrote:

Yeah pretty much this.
Yup.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”