Barbri Simulated Final Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tepper

Bronze

Barbri Simulated Final Exam

Post by tepper » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Just took the 100 Question final today, and got a 78/100. How indicative is that grade? Does anyone know the difficulty difference bw barbri and the real MBE questions? Thanks.

At the Drive-In

New

Re: Barbri Simulated Final Exam

Post by At the Drive-In » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:00 pm

60/100 is the average on that, as you can see from the front of the book. 78/100 is really good. The average raw score is about 64% correct on the actual MBE, so you can say the final exam, not looking at any other factors, is slightly harder than the real MBE.

You're in a good place, don't sweat.

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 pm

At the Drive-In wrote:60/100 is the average on that, as you can see from the front of the book. 78/100 is really good. The average raw score is about 64% correct on the actual MBE, so you can say the final exam, not looking at any other factors, is slightly harder than the real MBE.

thanks for the feedback.

At the Drive-In

New

Post by At the Drive-In » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:08 pm

tepper wrote:
At the Drive-In wrote:60/100 is the average on that, as you can see from the front of the book. 78/100 is really good. The average raw score is about 64% correct on the actual MBE, so you can say the final exam, not looking at any other factors, is slightly harder than the real MBE.

thanks for the feedback.
Anytime. If I was as good at the actual MBE as I was at looking at statistics and figuring out percentages for the MBE, I'd also be in a good place.

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 pm

At the Drive-In wrote:
tepper wrote:

thanks for the feedback.
Anytime. If I was as good at the actual MBE as I was at looking at statistics and figuring out percentages for the MBE, I'd also be in a good place.
don't worry, there's still 10 days, plenty of time to tune your skills. Just do tons of problems (without burning yourself out), and review.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lalala21

Bronze

Post by lalala21 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:27 pm

I got 60/100. I am exactly average. yay? Blah. I feel like I need to switch my focus to some essay stuff, but don't feel like I can with an average MBE score. Anyone else facing this struggle? I have been doing 2 subjects a day like barbri suggests (one MBE & one state), but I never feel like I have enough time to really process and memorize everything. :(

MoneyMay

Bronze

Post by MoneyMay » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:45 pm

lalala21 wrote:I got 60/100. I am exactly average. yay? Blah. I feel like I need to switch my focus to some essay stuff, but don't feel like I can with an average MBE score. Anyone else facing this struggle? I have been doing 2 subjects a day like barbri suggests (one MBE & one state), but I never feel like I have enough time to really process and memorize everything. :(
Hang in there, we all feel like that. I finally turned my attention to state-specific stuff and I am forgetting all the MBE stuff I learned. Everyone I talked to who took is last year said by the time they took it, they felt like they still had a ton of shit they should have done.

UndecidedMN

Bronze

Post by UndecidedMN » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:12 am

Doing mine tomorrow. I have been also doing the mixed sets. Got 40/50 and 35/50. So I hope it translates, especially because I am trying the MBE Autopass method. The funny thing is I 11 of the 15 I got wrong are in Real Property. I just can't ever seem to get the right answer.

library

New

Post by library » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:25 pm

I got a 49. Am I really fucked or what?

TBH, I'm not sure if it's b/c I've was mainly focusing on my weak areas of MBE and working on state specific stuff and therefore maybe my strengths became weaknesses b/c my knowledge got stale.

IDK. Gotta go look over the answers and watch the videos now.

My head hurts.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Brotip: Don't be distracted by measurables. You gain the most by focusing on the areas that you can improve the most at proportionate to the amount they're tested.

turquoiseturtle

Bronze

Post by turquoiseturtle » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 pm

delusional wrote:Brotip: Don't be distracted by measurables. You gain the most by focusing on the areas that you can improve the most at proportionate to the amount they're tested.
Huuuugee second to this. The MBE is really easy to study for because its easy to answer multiple choice questions and there are things to easily compare yourself to. But don't abandon the essays! I think people underestimate how much you can improve your essays just because its harder to force yourself to write them.
library wrote:I got a 49. Am I really fucked or what?

TBH, I'm not sure if it's b/c I've was mainly focusing on my weak areas of MBE and working on state specific stuff and therefore maybe my strengths became weaknesses b/c my knowledge got stale.

IDK. Gotta go look over the answers and watch the videos now.

My head hurts.
You are fine. If you watch the videos and read the explanations you'll see that there are just numerous questions where they admit that there are two good answers. It drives me CRAZY when barbri's answer is like "D, but C is also a very good answer."

There were so so many questions like that, that you probably just got really unlucky and just chose the good answer instead of the great answer a bunch. From everything I've heard, the actual MBE is not like that at all. There are hard questions, definitely, but if you know the law, there will be a clear right answer none of this wishy-washy crap from Barbri.

library

New

Post by library » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Thank you so much. Those words mean a lot to this 43%'er (Paced Program).

I know the bar is supposed to be easier than what Barbri feeds us but it is truly maddening.

On a side but relevant note I bought the SmartBarPrep outline yesterday and starting writing all the HIGH rules from the most tested areas. I never really did this before but I found it to be really helpful and I feel like a lot of it is sticking. Of course, I go over it, and highlight it, and try to memorize certain sections, but is this a tactic that works for people?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”