Barbri Essay Grading

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
LSAT Taker

Bronze

Barbri Essay Grading

Postby LSAT Taker » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:00 pm

"You recieved a 3/6 which is a below passing score. Please review the model answer for a discussion of issues you may have missed. Good luck on the bar."

How bad is it? Does this mean that my essay wasn't even worth serious reading? Also, is it normal that Brabri says nothing substantial other than "review the model answer" in its first essay grading? To me, it seems like that it did a half-ass job reviewing my essay. WTF.

LSATNightmares

Silver

Re: Barbri Essay Grading

Postby LSATNightmares » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:27 pm

LSAT Taker wrote:"You recieved a 3/6 which is a below passing score. Please review the model answer for a discussion of issues you may have missed. Good luck on the bar."

How bad is it? Does this mean that my essay wasn't even worth serious reading? Also, is it normal that Brabri says nothing substantial other than "review the model answer" in its first essay grading? To me, it seems like that it did a half-ass job reviewing my essay. WTF.

Very different than my experience so far. I submitted a CA Performance Test and got a 65. They then did a section by section analysis providing direct feedback. So not sure what to say.

Neve

Bronze

Postby Neve » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:12 pm

I got a 5/6 on the MPT essay I submitted. Not much commentary was on mine (only a few sentences, but it was pretty positive). I was disappointed, but I'll see what the next grader says on my next essay.

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Postby FutureInLaw » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:43 am

LSATNightmares wrote:
LSAT Taker wrote:"You recieved a 3/6 which is a below passing score. Please review the model answer for a discussion of issues you may have missed. Good luck on the bar."

Very different than my experience so far. I submitted a CA Performance Test and got a 65. They then did a section by section analysis providing direct feedback. So not sure what to say.

I got the same feedback and score for my CA Performance Test essay just 5 hours after the time it was due. It was somewhat helpful, and I'm hoping the quickness and the feedback are the norm in the future.

charcop

New

Postby charcop » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:01 am

LSATNightmares wrote:

I just received my graded CPT back and also got a 65. I have heard before that barbri grading is harsher than actual bar grading. Can anyone else attest to this?

MoneyMay

Bronze

Postby MoneyMay » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:07 am

charcop wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:

I just received my graded CPT back and also got a 65. I have heard before that barbri grading is harsher than actual bar grading. Can anyone else attest to this?

Am FL not CA but I don't know anyone who got even a 50 out of 100 on a FL essay (45 is passing). I think the highest I heard of is 47.

jrf12886

Bronze

Postby jrf12886 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:08 am

I got a 50 on the first essay and a 45 on the MPT. Both had a few comments in the returned copy. Most of it was along the lines of "elaborate this point" or "utilize the facts more." I've also heard that Barbri grades more harshly than the actual examiners. I'm feeling ok with my scores for now.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�