Barbri Mini Review-ARE THEY KIDDING ME??

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
lwf911

New

Re: Barbri Mini Review-ARE THEY KIDDING ME??

Postby lwf911 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:04 pm

So is the general consensus people are not doing this mini review? I can't tell if it'll just be a time suck of 8 hours that I could spend more productively or if it might actually be helpful.

At the Drive-In

New

Postby At the Drive-In » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:04 am

lwf911 wrote:So is the general consensus people are not doing this mini review? I can't tell if it'll just be a time suck of 8 hours that I could spend more productively or if it might actually be helpful.

I think it'll be a time suck, but so are the workshop analyses and the lectures. I think by this point you know what works for you, and I can't fathom spending another 100.

lmr

Bronze

Postby lmr » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 am

lwf911 wrote:So is the general consensus people are not doing this mini review? I can't tell if it'll just be a time suck of 8 hours that I could spend more productively or if it might actually be helpful.

Are the lectures themselves ever helpful? There are better bar related resources that you can get for $100...i'm still bitter that we don't get unlimited grading unlike kaplan. Unbelievable-i even desperately tried to look for some add on service through barbri to see if they sold an essay grading package-they are shameless and greedy enough.

ph14

Gold

Postby ph14 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 am

lmr wrote:

Are the lectures themselves ever helpful? There are better bar related resources that you can get for $100...i'm still bitter that we don't get unlimited grading unlike kaplan. Unbelievable-i even desperately tried to look for some add on service through barbri to see if they sold an essay grading package-they are shameless and greedy enough.

That sounds like a great business opportunity. Who wants to join me? (general partnership, of course).

lmr

Bronze

Postby lmr » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:41 am

ph14 wrote:
lmr wrote:

That sounds like a great business opportunity. Who wants to join me? (general partnership, of course).

They exist, they are just disgustingly expensive...baressays charges $99 for two essays. Who do they think they are? I don't see how barbri keeps this up unless kaplan just gives in and limits the essay grading. There's some website called ca bar tutors that offers to grade 5 essays for $84 or $18/essay but i don't know if they are legit. dumb move on my part to pick barbri, just dumb.

At the Drive-In

New

Postby At the Drive-In » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:42 pm

If it makes you feel any worse about barbri, I only get 3 graded essays for my state, and I paraphrased their answer from the back of the Essay book for 2/3 so far and got a "barely failing" grade for both. Totally worthless.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�