FLORIDA BAR - JULY 2014

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Dripworx

Bronze

Re: FLORIDA BAR - JULY 2014

Postby Dripworx » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Shawshank33 wrote:In tampa..I can see the convention center from my window right now..shit just got real :shock:

DO IT LIVE. FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE.

Shawshank33

New

Postby Shawshank33 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Haha I'm not at Westin, I'm at Embassy. Flew in from CA so wanted an extra day in case of a layover or cancellation. Tampa is a nice city, can't wait to enjoy it for a bit after the exam. I'm amped up and ready to go after seeing the convention center! We have this guys.

123uhoh

New

Postby 123uhoh » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Hello, all! Just stopping by to wish you all luck! I used to post on this forum eons ago, but I do not remember my login information.

I just wanted to give two tips:

1. While it may seem obvious, just try your best to complete the exam. The FL MC is horrendously written. Instead of getting caught up trying to figure out what the question is attempting to ask, try your best to pick the answer and move on. I don't want to terrify you, but there were several people crying after the first day the year I took it. Just make sure you complete the exam. Stay focus and don't get rattled. Before the exam started, several computers around me would not start. Don't let things like this rattled you (easier said than done). Half the battle is literally staying calm!

2. While it may be tempting, do not rehash the questions…especially during the MBE day. If I remember correctly, not only is this a violation of the rules (there are several versions of the MBE…so a question you are complaining about in the morning may be on someone's afternoon exam). This also bad for your nerves. I didn't attend a FL law school, so I didn't get to go to one of the hospitality rooms. I stayed in a nearby hotel and had lunch delivered to my room each day. This kept my nerves in check. Additionally, on the MBE a had a terrible headache. So, I was also able to relax in my room and take tylenol.

You've studied!! You know your stuff (or enough stuff to pass!). Just stay focus and don't let your nerves get the best of you. You all will be fine!!! GOOD LUCK!!

SilverE2

Silver

Postby SilverE2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:48 pm

123uhoh wrote:Hello, all! Just stopping by to wish you all luck! I used to post on this forum eons ago, but I do not remember my login information.

I just wanted to give two tips:

1. While it may seem obvious, just try your best to complete the exam. The FL MC is horrendously written. Instead of getting caught up trying to figure out what the question is attempting to ask, try your best to pick the answer and move on. I don't want to terrify you, but there were several people crying after the first day the year I took it. Just make sure you complete the exam. Stay focus and don't get rattled. Before the exam started, several computers around me would not start. Don't let things like this rattled you (easier said than done). Half the battle is literally staying calm!

2. While it may be tempting, do not rehash the questions…especially during the MBE day. If I remember correctly, not only is this a violation of the rules (there are several versions of the MBE…so a question you are complaining about in the morning may be on someone's afternoon exam). This also bad for your nerves. I didn't attend a FL law school, so I didn't get to go to one of the hospitality rooms. I stayed in a nearby hotel and had lunch delivered to my room each day. This kept my nerves in check. Additionally, on the MBE a had a terrible headache. So, I was also able to relax in my room and take tylenol.

You've studied!! You know your stuff (or enough stuff to pass!). Just stay focus and don't let your nerves get the best of you. You all will be fine!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Thank you!

MoneyMay

Bronze

Postby MoneyMay » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:42 am

Sweet I just realized they give us pencils. Is anyone else bringing an extension cord?

SilverE2

Silver

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 am

MoneyMay wrote:Sweet I just realized they give us pencils. Is anyone else bringing an extension cord?

Nah, I measured my power cord yesterday (the weird shit the bar makes us do) and it's long enough.

Hannibal

Gold

Postby Hannibal » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:33 am

SilverE2 wrote:
MoneyMay wrote:Sweet I just realized they give us pencils. Is anyone else bringing an extension cord?

Nah, I measured my power cord yesterday (the weird shit the bar makes us do) and it's long enough.

Where do they mention a length?

MoneyMay

Bronze

Postby MoneyMay » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:39 am

Hannibal wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:

THey sent out an email a few days ago. I think it's 8 feet. I know a lot of Macs have shorter ones.

Hannibal

Gold

Postby Hannibal » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:00 am

MoneyMay wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:

THey sent out an email a few days ago. I think it's 8 feet. I know a lot of Macs have shorter ones.

Found it, thanks. And my cord is all good apparently!

baal hadad

Gold

Postby baal hadad » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:23 pm

GL tmrw people

Just remeber the bar is a hard test that you don't have to do well on to pass

123uhoh

New

Postby 123uhoh » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:17 pm

Power Cords: If you do not have one that is long enough, I suggest getting one tonight. I was on the "outer" side of the table (the side not near the electrical socket). My power cord alone would not have been long enough without the extension. Your seat at the table will be assigned. Also, the room is MASSIVE...and noisy even during the exam. Depending on where you are sitting...you won't even be able to see the front/back of the room. Don't let this make you nervous. Put your earplugs in (if still allowed and if you choose), stay focus, and keep it moving.

Pencils: So, I was obsessive and asked for multiple pencils. This was my way of reassuring myself that if I my pencil broke/become dull...I had several left and did not need to wait for a monitor. Hey, do what you need to do to stay calm.

Breakfast: I had breakfast delivered to my room the first morning. (1) It ensured that I was up in time, if I happened to miss my multiple alarms AND wake up call. This actually turned out not be necessary because the hotel staff went around knocking on people's doors to ensure we were awake! I thought it was pretty nice. (2) I wanted to make sure I didn't overhear someone trying to figure out distinctions, etc. I did eat downstairs on the MBE day though. Again, do what you need to do to keep yourself calm, cool, and collected.

Don't stay up late tonight! Get a goodnight's rest. Do NOT do anything that will discourage or make you tired....like take a full MBE or something.

Hannibal

Gold

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Now I'm way more annoyed at Barbri torts guy for not covering the fraud/business torts.

SilverE2

Silver

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Whelp. That was...I'm not sure what that was.

baal hadad

Gold

Postby baal hadad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Whelp. That was...I'm not sure what that was.

Typical feeling

Don't worry ab it

Shawshank33

New

Postby Shawshank33 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 pm

The mcs weren't bad, still not sure what to think of the essays :shock:

silky bruh

Bronze

Postby silky bruh » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Shawshank33 wrote:The mcs weren't bad, still not sure what to think of the essays :shock:

Feel the complete opposite. Christmas tree'd about 10 questions.

Hannibal

Gold

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Shawshank33 wrote:The mcs weren't bad, still not sure what to think of the essays :shock:

Yeah, I agree with Rad that they were different, but I think it was in a good way. There are fewer "HAH GOT YOU" questions that I saw. But then again maybe that means I didn't see them. I felt above-average confident in the MC.

Edit: I tried to look up a couple of them when I got back to the room but neither of them were in the barbri materials. lol
Last edited by Hannibal on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoneyMay

Bronze

Postby MoneyMay » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:29 pm

I got WRECKED by the first two essays. Am seriously trying to figure out how fucked I am and if the MBE can even save me.

baal hadad

Gold

Postby baal hadad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Hannibal wrote:

Yeah, I agree with that they were different, but I think it was in a good way. There are fewer "HAH GOT YOU" questions that I saw. But then again maybe that means I didn't see them. I felt above-average confident in the MC.

Edit: I tried to look up a couple of them when I got back to the room but neither of them were in the barbri materials. lol

Looking up stuff after the bar is for suckers
Last edited by baal hadad on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baal hadad

Gold

Postby baal hadad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:32 pm

MoneyMay wrote:I got WRECKED by the first two essays. Am seriously trying to figure out how fucked I am and if the MBE can even save me.

If you spotted most of the issues and just wrote down the rules w superficial analysis I bet you're more than ok

MoneyMay

Bronze

Postby MoneyMay » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:32 pm

baal hadad wrote:
MoneyMay wrote:I got WRECKED by the first two essays. Am seriously trying to figure out how fucked I am and if the MBE can even save me.

If you spotted most of the issues and just wrote down the rules w superficial analysis I bet you're more than ok

What if I had a minor melt down and didn't address half the issues in one essay?

Hannibal

Gold

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:34 pm

I actually felt the worst about the third one. I had no idea about the question about the AG's authority and I didn't know which of those provisions were valid. The first one was so complicated I'm 100% sure I fucked stuff up, but I'm also pretty sure everyone else did too.

PS Mods, they let us take the exam out with us and talk to people about it, so we could even type the whole thing here if we wanted. Not that I want to at all.
Last edited by Hannibal on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hannibal

Gold

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:35 pm

baal hadad wrote:
Hannibal wrote:

Yeah, I agree with Cal that they were different, but I think it was in a good way. There are fewer "HAH GOT YOU" questions that I saw. But then again maybe that means I didn't see them. I felt above-average confident in the MC.

Looking up stuff after the bar is for suckers

I know it I'm a masochist

SilverE2

Silver

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:37 pm

I thought the second essay was okay, but it was so short, which was kind of a mindfuck because the first essay was SO FUCKING BRUTAL. WHAT THE FUCK.

SilverE2

Silver

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Hannibal wrote:

I actually felt the worst about the third one. I had no idea about the question about the AG's authority and I didn't know which of those provisions were valid. The first one was so complicated I'm 100% sure I fucked stuff up, but I'm also pretty sure everyone else did too.

PS Mods, they let us take the exam out with us and talk to people about it, so we could even type the whole thing here if we wanted. Not that I want to at all.

I made up the AG rules. The trustee stuff too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?