Illinois Bar Exam - July 2014 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bedefan

Bronze

Re: Illinois Bar Exam - July 2014

Post by bedefan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Also passed. Congrats, everybody!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:56 pm

They posted the percentile scores thing: https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/july201 ... ent-charts

Looks like passage rate was somewhere around 80%.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:12 pm

Also passed...very relieved... We never actually see our score, right?

mekeder

New

Post by mekeder » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Does anyone know how to find out your scores on the MBE, IEE, MEE, and MPT separately?

Or even your percentile on the test?

Philosopher1

New

Post by Philosopher1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Good news as well, so relieved about passing. Pure curiosity, can anyone say which subjects were which essays for MEE (I remember for IEE), meaning MEE 1 = ______, MEE 2 = _________, etc., but if not, no biggie. Congrats to those who passed. I also would like to say that if you didn't, keep your head up and it will happen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AJS30

Bronze

Post by AJS30 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Did you guys have the demand letter MPT? Also, does anyone know where to find the July 2013 percentile chart?

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Philosopher1 wrote:Good news as well, so relieved about passing. Pure curiosity, can anyone say which subjects were which essays for MEE (I remember for IEE), meaning MEE 1 = ______, MEE 2 = _________, etc., but if not, no biggie. Congrats to those who passed. I also would like to say that if you didn't, keep your head up and it will happen.
From what I remember:

1: crim pro - 6th Amendment, Miranda
2: contracts - modifications
3. weird civ pro/equity - intervention/injunctions
4: family law - child support, jurisdiction
5: evidence - impeachment under 608/609
6: corporations - idk lol

Philosopher1

New

Post by Philosopher1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Sweet, thanks. Gonna compare those to avg scores on the essays, interesting data. Congrats again to everyone who passed and best of luck to those doing it again.

Philosopher1

New

Post by Philosopher1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Another pure curiosity question -- any estimation on when we get our scores?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Philosopher1 wrote:Another pure curiosity question -- any estimation on when we get our scores?
You won't if you passed. IL doesn't give out MBE scores unless you request a score transfer to another jurisdiction, and even then they just tell you if your MBE was at or above the score needed to transfer.

Philosopher1

New

Post by Philosopher1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:56 pm

Georgia Avenue wrote:
Philosopher1 wrote:Another pure curiosity question -- any estimation on when we get our scores?
You won't if you passed. IL doesn't give out MBE scores unless you request a score transfer to another jurisdiction, and even then they just tell you if your MBE was at or above the score needed to transfer.
This is very bad for my curiosity! Thanks for that info, appreciate it.

Aet0001

New

Post by Aet0001 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:08 pm

I cannot believe that crazy MEE Corporations essay did not have the lowest average score! I thought for sure it would be the lowest by far.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Philosopher1 wrote:
Georgia Avenue wrote:
This is very bad for my curiosity! Thanks for that info, appreciate it.
I'm just assuming I was in the zone and got em all...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Aet0001 wrote:I cannot believe that crazy MEE Corporations essay did not have the lowest average score! I thought for sure it would be the lowest by far.
Keep in mind each essay is graded on a curve relative to everyone's performance on that question. So if everyone uniformly bombs the question, the scores can still be around "average."

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Does anyone know what the process is for getting sworn in if we can't make it to the November 6th ceremony (or even to Illinois, at all, for that matter)? I ended up practicing on one of the coasts so the IL license isn't super important to me, but I paid the exorbitant fee and learned the obscure law and damnit, the IL license is prettier than the one in the state I'm going to be taking in February. I've heard that other states require you take your oath in front of a federal judge if you can't make it back to that state... is that the case here? Do I need to get some sort of documentation from IBAB before I can do that? I'd love to be able to do it in front of a federal judge in Home State when I'm home for Thanksgiving.

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:37 pm

shoop wrote:Does anyone know what the process is for getting sworn in if we can't make it to the November 6th ceremony (or even to Illinois, at all, for that matter)? I ended up practicing on one of the coasts so the IL license isn't super important to me, but I paid the exorbitant fee and learned the obscure law and damnit, the IL license is prettier than the one in the state I'm going to be taking in February. I've heard that other states require you take your oath in front of a federal judge if you can't make it back to that state... is that the case here? Do I need to get some sort of documentation from IBAB before I can do that? I'd love to be able to do it in front of a federal judge in Home State when I'm home for Thanksgiving.
+1, I'm in DC and would really prefer to not have to go to Chicago for half a day

Philosopher1

New

Post by Philosopher1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:55 pm

Georgia Avenue wrote:
shoop wrote:Does anyone know what the process is for getting sworn in if we can't make it to the November 6th ceremony (or even to Illinois, at all, for that matter)? I ended up practicing on one of the coasts so the IL license isn't super important to me, but I paid the exorbitant fee and learned the obscure law and damnit, the IL license is prettier than the one in the state I'm going to be taking in February. I've heard that other states require you take your oath in front of a federal judge if you can't make it back to that state... is that the case here? Do I need to get some sort of documentation from IBAB before I can do that? I'd love to be able to do it in front of a federal judge in Home State when I'm home for Thanksgiving.
+1, I'm in DC and would really prefer to not have to go to Chicago for half a day
Perhaps people who have gone through this in the past would know what is usu done (hopefully someone can chime in to answer you two). In the meantime, this would be the main sentence -- so pretty much they didn't inform yall what that process is but they surely will. I wouldn't worry. I don't think it'll be necessary to travel to IL if it is too inconvenient.

"If you do not attend the ceremony on November 6th, a letter will be issued from the Court with instructions on how to have your Illinois oath administered."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:07 am

Anyone who lives in Chicago get their notice for where the swearing in ceremony will happen? I'm traveling and won't get the mail for a while.

hoppingabird

New

Post by hoppingabird » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Essay questions:

1: crim pro - 6th Amendment, Miranda
2: contracts - modifications
3. weird civ pro/equity - intervention/injunctions
4: family law - child support, jurisdiction
5: evidence - impeachment under 608/609
6: corporations - idk lol

Here is my ranking, from most difficult to least difficult:
1. Corporations -- I had to have bombed this. I wasn't even sure how to bullshit this question.
2. Contracts -- diificult because I was having a hard time remembering the rules, but I mustered up something.
3. Civil Pro: hard, but luckily I was able to throw something out there about both intervention and injunctions.
4. Evidence: knew the rules, applied the facts, drew a conclusion.
5. Family law: I had recently reviewed a practice essay dealing with the same rules, so I regurigated the model answer.
6. Crim pro: I've always found crim pro essays easier than other topics. I set it up and knocked it down.

beariful

New

Post by beariful » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:51 am

bdubs wrote:Anyone who lives in Chicago get their notice for where the swearing in ceremony will happen? I'm traveling and won't get the mail for a while.
It's on November 6th at McCormick Place. My letter says 12:45pm, but not sure if they do multiple sessions or something.

Fed_Atty

Bronze

Post by Fed_Atty » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:59 am

I was at Naval Justice School when the swearing in ceremony took place, the IL bar let my Commanding Officer swear me in. Not sure if they only make special dispensations for military though. As an aside, they are incredibly friendly towards the military, no bar fees or CLEs required.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Anyone else still waiting on their letter with swearing in times?

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:14 am

homestyle28 wrote:Anyone else still waiting on their letter with swearing in times?
Did you get certified for C&F? That's about the only thing I could think of, unless you're getting sworn in in another district from the Chicago kids.

chessman

New

Post by chessman » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:08 pm

homestyle28 wrote:Anyone else still waiting on their letter with swearing in times?
Check your spam folder. Mine ended up there.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:29 am

Georgia Avenue wrote:
Did you get certified for C&F? That's about the only thing I could think of, unless you're getting sworn in in another district from the Chicago kids.
Yeah passed c&f...guess I have to give them a call...anyone have the subject of the email handy so I can do a thorough search?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”