Maryland Bar Exam (February 2014) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Ordell

New

Maryland Bar Exam (February 2014)

Post by Ordell » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:34 am

What did you guys think?

I walked out of there not feeling good about the first day. After taking the MBE, I felt better.

Let's commiserate.

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Re: Maryland Bar Exam (February 2014)

Post by SpencerPratt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Felt better after Day 1 (though UCC 3/4 and BA questions were tough for me). Thought the MBE was hard. Essays are worth so much though, so hoping I did just enough on the MBE.

SprezzaturaS

New

Post by SprezzaturaS » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Same. Thought the commercial paper question from the AM was hard. Glad that they provided an extract. I also didn't know part of the Family Law question about how they calculate child support (income sharing).

I thought that the MBE was moderately difficult. And I didn't get to finish the MPT.

Fingers crossed that I got a high enough score. Don't need to know everything. Just to pass.

Ordell

New

Post by Ordell » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:11 pm

carmenthetraveller

New

Post by carmenthetraveller » Fri May 02, 2014 7:56 am

I felt the commercial paper question was tricky, family law was fine, MBE kinda tricky--though I finished early with time to spare. Not sure if that's good or bad. I also finished the MPT just on time.

...All things aside, I hope this has a favorable outcome. Let me explain...

-Getting let go from recent job: My manager at my current bioscience policy job pretty much manipulated our boss into firing me and my last day is next week. (He gave perfect feedback to me then told other people behind my back that 'he repeatedly told me' my stuff needs work). He has a bachelors, and I have a JD and a science masters on top of that and almost interviewed for his job but didn't at the last minute.

-Potentially losing my living space: pretty much says it all--if I can't find a job in time, by the end of May.

The only bright spot in my life is my SO who brought me flowers the day after I got fired because I was so miserable and sad.

I mean, I could pursue policy--but it'd take awhile, I won't make more than $50,000, I'll probably lose my apartment, and I won't break into the legal profession anytime soon. A favorable outcome would be an oh-so-delicious 'screw you' to the manager who's put me through a lot of sheer misery these past weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SprezzaturaS

New

Post by SprezzaturaS » Fri May 02, 2014 8:56 am

Well I am rooting for you, Carmen the traveler. That's a bad situation. I hope that you passed.

carmenthetraveller

New

Post by carmenthetraveller » Fri May 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Actually....failed.

I've decided not to take the bar again. For now. In the meantime, I just interviewed for a policy advocate position (JD or MD required, bar optional). A director of a bio pharma company was impressed with my policy work with top famous agencies and linked me to her HR contact so I could apply for a great senior manager role.

It's funny. Policy seems to be beckoning. I had a law scholarship, prestigious internships at federal well-known agencies. I came out of this exam SO sure I passed...and I didn't.

TL; DR: Failed, but have significantly promising prospects as budding policy associate...

This is the second time I've failed. Suck it, bar exam. I'll get a senior policy role instead. It'll probably pay more, too.

conwaystern

New

Post by conwaystern » Sun May 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Congrats to anyone who passed, and condolences, Carmen.

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Mon May 05, 2014 12:24 pm

I passed. Big shout out to Shemer Bar Review. Great MD-specific course for people looking to take the MD bar.

Still need to get my official results to see if I can waive into DC, but I'm obviously happy for now. Hopefully will be able to get my results today so I can see how I did on the MBE (and confirm I did actually pass lol).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”