fl0w

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Sun May 11, 2014 11:23 pm

i can't breathe. or sleep.
work is really fun right now.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Sun May 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Hang in there guys we've done this before....and we survived.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Sun May 11, 2014 11:40 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:Hang in there guys we've done this before....and we survived.

Yes, we will literally survive.
But I am certainly figuratively dying inside.

Jay Heizenburg

Postby Jay Heizenburg » Mon May 12, 2014 2:03 am

a male human wrote:im scared

You? Alcohol isn't even working anymore . . . and I'm getting fat. Now that's a sad state.

Why did I go back and look at those sample performance tests . . . that was a terrible mistake and you should not do that.

For any repeaters here, can you tell me how many pages you wrote for your PT's, and possibly the scores you received. I'm a slow typer and I'm increasingly worried I didn't get down enough, all things being equal.

I don't even know if this makes sense. The paranoia is really setting in.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Mon May 12, 2014 2:24 am

Jay Heizenburg wrote:

You? Alcohol isn't even working anymore . . . and I'm getting fat. Now that's a sad state.

Why did I go back and look at those sample performance tests . . . that was a terrible mistake and you should not do that.

For any repeaters here, can you tell me how many pages you wrote for your PT's, and possibly the scores you received. I'm a slow typer and I'm increasingly worried I didn't get down enough, all things being equal.

it like almost made sense. but i don't think you truly want anyone to answer your question.

a male human

Postby a male human » Mon May 12, 2014 2:26 am

Jay Heizenburg wrote:

In July, I wrote like 10 pages and got a 55 on each. But those were way harder than Feb's. I didn't grasp the issue of the PTs, so it's not a surprise. As usual, it's more about organized quality than spamming everything you know.

PTs should not be underestimated because 5 points off is like getting 10 points off an essay. I feel like the State Bar is testing different ways to fuck us up before 2015. July pretty much had experimental PTs that actually counted. February had extremely specific calls. Maybe a CACP (w/ remedies crossover?) this July? I hope it will be curved generously this time around as well.

Jay Heizenburg

Postby Jay Heizenburg » Mon May 12, 2014 2:33 am

a male human wrote:
Jay Heizenburg wrote:

In July, I wrote like 10 pages and got a 55 on each. But those were way harder than Feb's. I didn't grasp the issue of the PTs, so it's not a surprise. As usual, it's more about organized quality than spamming everything you know.

PTs should not be underestimated because 5 points off is like getting 10 points off an essay. I feel like the State Bar is testing different ways to fuck us up before 2015. July pretty much had experimental PTs that actually counted. February had extremely specific calls. Maybe a CACP (w/ remedies crossover?) this July? I hope it will be curved generously this time around as well.

Would you consider yourself a typer 'cause 10 pages is a lot. I don't have any formal training in keyboarding, but I remember trying to type as fast as I could and only squeezing out like 6-7. I'm asking because most of those sample answers were between 9-11, and looked and sounded awesome.

Jay Heizenburg

Postby Jay Heizenburg » Mon May 12, 2014 2:34 am

I hate to ask this question, but did you guys have any CA distinctions for PR, cause I didn't have one?

As you can see I'm stressed.

a male human

Postby a male human » Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 am

Jay Heizenburg wrote:
a male human wrote:
Jay Heizenburg wrote:

Would you consider yourself a typer 'cause 10 pages is a lot. I don't have any formal training in keyboarding, but I remember trying to type as fast as I could and only squeezing out like 6-7. I'm asking because most of those sample answers were between 9-11, and looked and sounded awesome.

Well, typing 10 pages continuously in 3 hours isn't hard... How much time did you spend outlining/organizing?
Jay Heizenburg wrote:I hate to ask this question, but did you guys have any CA distinctions for PR, cause I didn't have one?

As you can see I'm stressed.

Not really actually. Prosecutor duty was an obscure area, so I wasn't aware of any special CA distinctions. I just said "under MR and CA..." (assuming both applied). I did squeeze in some other marginally related issues like competence, which do have distinctions.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Mon May 12, 2014 10:00 am

i have no memory of anything that i wrote.

El Pollito
party fowl

Postby El Pollito » Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 am

Do not want.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Mon May 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Zero memory of what garbage I spewed on that thing. No idea how many pages I wrote. And I still haven't looked at the questions to see if it jogs my memory because I don't care.

vacations

Postby vacations » Mon May 12, 2014 3:04 pm

seriously doubting everything i wrote on the essays and PTs. Haven't looked at the questions and any sample answers either and dealing with all this while knowing I bombed call #1 of the property question.

I've pretty much boiled it down to hoping for a 140+ raw mbe score to save me or giving me some sort of hope for passing.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Mon May 12, 2014 3:09 pm

They posted sample answers?!

vacations

Postby vacations » Mon May 12, 2014 3:22 pm

oh crud...my bad. i should have been more clear. I was referring to the answers/videos BarSecrets posted on its youtube page. Sorry!

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Mon May 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Ha I had a little fright there. Not that I was going to look always...

Performance Test A

Postby Performance Test A » Mon May 12, 2014 3:34 pm

This sucks. I honestly haven't been worried until today.

a male human

Postby a male human » Mon May 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Requirement not satisfied

Results will be available in 4 days

El Pollito
party fowl

Postby El Pollito » Mon May 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Is there a special retaker discount? Preparing my anus for July.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Mon May 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Nope. Well, they don't charge you a late registration fee. I've already decide I'm not taking it in July if I don't pass again.

El Pollito
party fowl

Postby El Pollito » Mon May 12, 2014 3:51 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:Nope. Well, they don't charge you a late registration fee. I've already decide I'm not taking it in July if I don't pass again.

How generous!

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Mon May 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Haha right? Only $800!

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Mon May 12, 2014 8:43 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:Zero memory of what garbage I spewed on that thing. No idea how many pages I wrote. And I still haven't looked at the questions to see if it jogs my memory because I don't care.

me too

Jay Heizenburg

Postby Jay Heizenburg » Tue May 13, 2014 7:23 am

Has anybody else listened to this podcast with the founder of BarEssays.com, Gil Peles?:

http://ipassedmybarexam.com/2013/01/10/ ... isode-012/

If you haven't, you should give it a listen because it offers a bit of hope in spite of making (multiple) mistakes, which we all made.

It also gives some perspective on addressing the "I" in the "IRAC." I say that because I slightly and respectively disagree with the whole "Issue Statement" approach proffered above.

But whether it offers hope or perspective, there's value to be gleaned here . . . if gawd-forbid we have to take this gawd-awful exam again.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”